Toro Rosso 0 0%
Marussia 5 27.78%
Caterham 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Mar 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3226417)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the race: Malaysian Grand Prix

With some days for the dust to have settled, who would you say the team of the race is? I'm having trouble deciding (on my own criteria of course).

Red Bull- no, they embarrassed themselves even though they showed very well (a 1-2 is THE result).

Ferrari- a team that leaves Alonso circulating with that wing cannot be TOTR.

Mercedes- perhaps, but there's the team order, which I think stifled Nico and won't do Nico much good in his performances.

Force India- the pitstops stop that one.

Sauber- where are they these days? Anonymous.

Williams- dire. Sadly entrenched way back yet again.

Lotus- disappointing race for them, although it does show how things swing about so much and from track to track.

McLaren- improvement but not TOTR material.

Toro Rosso- a better performance but no.

Marussia- better and starting to look like one day they might start scoring points.

Caterham- worse and starting to look they will never start scoring points.

You know what; it's going to the plucky red team less near the back. Marussia.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3226439)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I go Merc. I've not been caught up in the 'Brawn makes Lewis #1' codswallop. No-one thought they would be in the ballpark and given a bit more fuel, who knows what could have happened.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3226491)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They've done really well. I think, like Lotus in 2012, they're knocking on the door and will get that win in 2013.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3226805)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Marussia. Excellent progress from No-hoper to Williams beater.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3227063)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercedes, they managed to be team.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 23:23 (Ref:3227064)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Mercedes, they managed to be team.
The doctor....
Old 31 Mar 2013, 02:44 (Ref:3227098)   #7
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I went to Red bull because they managed a 1-2 win second place (or didn't manage it well, as was the case.)
In spite of the controversy RBR still managed both cars to end up on the top podium places.
Marussia did well for their resources and others didn't have too bad a day but really there is no one outside of RBR who performed anything like we wouldn't have expected.
Old 1 Apr 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3227635)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it to marussia, a good performance and no funny business
Old 1 Apr 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3227728)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
12 votes eh - enthusiasm seems pretty low.......
Old 1 Apr 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3227741)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mercedes used team orders - but more subtle and less scandalous than RBR...
Old 1 Apr 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3227785)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Mercedes used team orders! When was this?!
Old 2 Apr 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3228273)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Mercedes and Red Bull both used the same team orders; do not pass and cruise to the end. The difference was that Vettel ignored them.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3229322)   #13
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Red Bull 1-2 (or is that 21) and this:

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ry/104691.html

Makes RBR my Team of the Race.

While Vettel's move on Webber hasn't earned him much love, it wasn't Red Bull's fault. They tried the same team orders the Merc employed but Seb didn't play nice like Nico. Other than running out on track and forcibly stopping him, what else were they supposed to do? In other words it wasn't THEIR fault some fans aren't happy with Vettel's win.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3229524)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Good last point there Spritle, although I wouldn't vote for them because they lacked bottle and balls. Everyone has their own criteria, don't they?
Old 5 Apr 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3229729)   #15
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
While Vettel's move on Webber hasn't earned him much love, it wasn't Red Bull's fault. They tried the same team orders the Merc employed but Seb didn't play nice like Nico. Other than running out on track and forcibly stopping him, what else were they supposed to do? In other words it wasn't THEIR fault some fans aren't happy with Vettel's win.
They weren't the same team orders.
Ross Brawn was authoritative, and made it happen.
Christian Horner was feeble, muttered something about "This is silly" and admitted after the race that he didn't think Vettel would obey so he didn't try.

I think "team orders" should be replaced by "fan orders". Anyone who doesn't race to the end of the race (regardless of his teammate) should be stood up against a wall and ......
Old 6 Apr 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3229898)   #16
Spritle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
They weren't the same team orders.
Ross Brawn was authoritative, and made it happen.

The only difference between the team orders was Nico was subservient and played nice (which I guess as a #2 was to be expected), while Seb clearly took matters in his own hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I think "team orders" should be replaced by "fan orders". Anyone who doesn't race to the end of the race (regardless of his teammate) should be stood up against a wall and ......
So will you be whipping Nico or Mark Webber?
Old 6 Apr 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3229952)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
(which I guess as a #2 was to be expected),
Or a team player who was behind at that point. You can't tell the difference in that example I'm afraid.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3229958)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

The only difference between the team orders was Nico was subservient and played nice (which I guess as a #2 was to be expected)

You just don't give up, do you.......
Old 7 Apr 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3230122)   #19
Spritle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Or a team player who was behind at that point. You can't tell the difference in that example I'm afraid.
Sir Jackie & I disagree...

http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motors...ry/104781.html

Seriously mates, there is a pint in it from me when Hammy is told to hold station behind Nico...of course Nico has to get in front of Lewis first...

But I have a funny feeling the only time BOTH Mercedes drivers will have the same low fuel and dodgy tyres and therefore must be "team" players...

...will be when Lewis is in front.

But I don't have a problem with that, never did, never will. I just wonder if Nico will...
Old 7 Apr 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3230308)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I admire your continued attempt, although you've used a Jackie Stewart quote , apparently in full knowledge that it came while wearing far too much tartan. In addition there is nothing in there that refers to what we are talking about. It just says that Hamilton is expected to be the better driver. Well yes, he's won more races and championships, as Sir Jackie says.

Pulling out three times world champions, did you read what Lauda said about it?

My statement was you can't tell the difference between being favoured or just the hold station request at the time. You can't.

Quote:
Seriously mates, there is a pint in it from me when Hammy is told to hold station behind Nico...of course Nico has to get in front of Lewis first...
Well it is the latter part that will probably hold out.

Which is my entire point. You can't tell the difference! People seam to confuse being ahead with being favoured. Being no.1 because you are better does not necessarily mean you are no.1 automatically in all aspects of the team. The logic often seams to be he's ahead so he is favoured.

Quote:
But I have a funny feeling the only time BOTH Mercedes drivers will have the same low fuel and dodgy tyres and therefore must be "team" players...

...will be when Lewis is in front.

But I don't have a problem with that, never did, never will. I just wonder if Nico will...
I don't either, but I have no evidence at this point to know how they are choosing to operate. Two races in to the partnership, it is still assumptions not evidence.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3230327)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But then again Adam, when did anything ever get posted in the F1 forum that had any kind of evidential basis......?