Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3224131)   #26
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy Cowell not Cowbell. Damn you autocorrect!
Old 25 Mar 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3224351)   #27
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched the indy cars yesterday on TV, they sounded ok, and they only rev to about 12k rpm.. another 3k should make them much better in F1.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3224377)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Their sound is just about right.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3224675)   #29
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've been quite stunned by the 6 into 1 exhausts or 8 in to one exhausts, they sound brilliant!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEMJy4cznQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRqnzMoEc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2y2EtzyBfs

Lets hope for a 6 into 1 exhaust for 2014!!!
Old 25 Mar 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3224726)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
I've been quite stunned by the 6 into 1 exhausts or 8 in to one exhausts, they sound brilliant!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEMJy4cznQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRqnzMoEc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2y2EtzyBfs

Nice !
Old 26 Mar 2013, 00:31 (Ref:3224767)   #31
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post

With just one turbo and regulations that prevent the exhaust gases being used for any real aerodynamic effect, that's very likely to be the case.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3225067)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I remember standing at the exit of Druids at Brands Hatch at the Euro GP in 1986. The one and only time my ears actually hurt at a motor race.....

As to car noise, this has always been near-perfection for me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcj9DVAM6eY
I was at that race in the main grandstand and needed ear plugs as the sound reverberated within the stand.

That's a great clip, all those different engines, something that's been missing from F1.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3225247)   #33
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
itll be 6-2-1 wont it, so they can use a twin scroll?
Old 27 Mar 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3225348)   #34
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cowell said 6 into 1 in the article that I've referenced a couple of times. Whether that's 6 -2-1 or not I don't know.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 04:03 (Ref:3229375)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Just when I thought I had heard it all.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns25118.html

What claptrap is coming next week...
Old 5 Apr 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3229456)   #36
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's funny I was just reflectiing that the cars look like oversized lawnmowers and now they are frightened that they'll sound like lawnmowers.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3229545)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post

So the drivers will be also DJs from now on !
Old 5 Apr 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3229546)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
only if Alguersuari gets a drive again!
Old 5 Apr 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3229575)   #39
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
...and Raul Boesel can be Alguersuari's driver coach.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3229579)   #40
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Bernie has done many great things for F1, but at times talks complete rubbish..
Old 6 Apr 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3230100)   #41
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ffs what a load of ****e. They will be what they will be, the 80s were pretty cool and group B wasnt bad either just get on with it already. None of this artificial ****e. Wish theyd stop trying to lock f1 into some sort of nostalgic golden age and put it back on the frontline of innovation!

Old 7 Apr 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3230135)   #42
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think the Ron Walker quoted in the article has got the revs slightly wrong, I'm under the impression that maximum revs is limited to 15,000 not 16,000.

I seem to remember the draft proposals called for 12,000 revs but protestations from Bernie persuaded them to raise it by a further 3,000. The practicality of the original draft comes back however because as the article also says, it looks like because of Fuel Flow restrictions they probably won't need to go that high most of the time.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3230364)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

This is one of the best quotes I've ever read from Bernie, with regards to the regulation changes;

' "The danger is that what will happen is what always happens with the manufacturers, which is that if it doesn't work they will stop," he told Autoweek.'

A somewhat tautological statement and how many times has that happened throughout motosport?
Old 8 Apr 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3230767)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The eighties turbo engines revved to 12,000 rpm, tops. They sounded great, and it wasn't because they had 1,000 bhp.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3230797)   #45
Smurfer
Racer

Australia
Smurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slight change of topic - It's interesting that the new engine regs are aimed at bringing the technology and trend closer to that of the cars on the road. Meanwhile the cars some of us lust over (Ferrari LaFerrari, Lambo Aventador, Pagani Huayra) are largely maintaining their engine capacities while increasing power at significant rates. I would be very disappointed with Ferarri (more disappointed than I was with the name) if the LaFerarri came with a small capacity turbo engine.

I just want F1 to invoke emotion and be noticeably special/different to the bistander.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3230864)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfer View Post
I would be very disappointed with Ferarri (more disappointed than I was with the name) if the LaFerarri came with a small capacity turbo engine.
Ferrari's F40 has a 2.9 litre turbo engine, it isn't slow. Many car manufacturers are moving to smaller capacity turbo engines because of emission regulations. But if you're prepared to pay, for example, the US government large sums of money to get around the emission regulations, then that approach works too.