Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Apr 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3238644)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think none of them are diry drivers.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3238793)   #52
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well like Bon says maybe there is no such thing as a dirty driver, just some that qre quite 'enthusiastic'?

Maldonado got panned for getting his elbows out with people, Hamilton's never shyed away from a proper dust up on track, Montoya was the one most likely to get stuck in before that.

Why shouldn't Perez try and 'race' particularly if the other guy goes right our of his way to try and stop him passing?!
Old 24 Apr 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3238826)   #53
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's racing, and there's motorsport.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3238834)   #54
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Okay, I don't know what you're referring to so we'll just have to miss out.
If I have to explain ................. there is no point in doing so.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3238839)   #55
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2 View Post
There's racing, and there's motorsport.
Simple yet profound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
If I have to explain ................. there is no point in doing so.
You sound like my wife.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 13:11 (Ref:3238879)   #56
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Simple yet profound.

You sound like my wife.
If you are lucky, she doesn't look like me as well!
Old 24 Apr 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3238881)   #57
bauble
Veteran

England
I rather think that the term 'team mate' should be scrapped and replaced with 'chief rival'. It would make so much more sense.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3238887)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well like Bon says maybe there is no such thing as a dirty driver, just some that qre quite 'enthusiastic'?

Maldonado got panned for getting his elbows out with people, Hamilton's never shyed away from a proper dust up on track, Montoya was the one most likely to get stuck in before that.

Why shouldn't Perez try and 'race' particularly if the other guy goes right our of his way to try and stop him passing?!
Maldonado was dirty, he deliberately aimed his car at a number of drivers. I think Checo was over enthusiastic and yes it rattled Button, surprisingly. But I think he's looking good for this year and will be much better. To continue the Maldonado link, at least he's not being beaten by a rookie team mate.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3238910)   #59
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh Maldonado, that's one I would call dirty...
Old 24 Apr 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3238945)   #60
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that's sarcasm, Peter, but he generally hasn't been. He and Bottas have been doing okay I think. The car is the limiting factor. Maldonado is better than you give him credit for, Peter.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3238951)   #61
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think that's sarcasm, Peter, but he generally hasn't been. He and Bottas have been doing okay I think. The car is the limiting factor. Maldonado is better than you give him credit for, Peter.
I'll give Pastor a free pass because Gabriela is cute as hell and that I'll rather have her on the telly than Nicole.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3238976)   #62
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2 View Post
I'll give Pastor a free pass because Gabriela is cute as hell and that I'll rather have her on the telly than Nicole.
Good one !
Old 25 Apr 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3239092)   #63
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I wouldn't say Button is rattled (I don't buy into media hype), but it's worthy my mentioning that I thought if you're going to call either of them dirty, it was Jenson in Bahrain.
I agree.

Brake testing someone isn't dirty it is filthy, and when it is your team mate I believe the problem is compounded. The FIA should review the telemetry traces on this one. Just plain stupid imo.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3239113)   #64
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my own experience I know that if the car in front breaks traction heavily on exit while your own car get a particularly good exit, the car in front can appear to launch VERY quickly back at your visor.

I can only imagine that in F1 that effect is magnified.

Especially if the leading car was defending on an inside line, naturally slower into the corner, while the following car was attacking from an outside line, naturally faster across the apex while attempting to cross sides to overtake.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 03:27 (Ref:3239132)   #65
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
From my own experience I know that if the car in front breaks traction heavily on exit while your own car get a particularly good exit, the car in front can appear to launch VERY quickly back at your visor.

I can only imagine that in F1 that effect is magnified.

Especially if the leading car was defending on an inside line, naturally slower into the corner, while the following car was attacking from an outside line, naturally faster across the apex while attempting to cross sides to overtake.
Nice case counsellor!

Hope you're right, I always did like "Simon the Likeable".

I really don't think Perez has anything to apologise for.
I am greatly encouraged by his performance, and looking forward to the rest of his season!
Old 25 Apr 2013, 07:37 (Ref:3239172)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Maldonado is better than you give him credit for, Peter.
Hmmm, how can I put this? I know. NO-HE-IS-NOT.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3239287)   #67
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I really don't think Perez has anything to apologise for.
I am greatly encouraged by his performance, and looking forward to the rest of his season!
I think the same and I believe he'll improve specially now in Europe.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3239293)   #68
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What do you make of Bottas?
Old 25 Apr 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3239294)   #69
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maldonado is better than you give him credit for, Peter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Let's look at the evidence.

The only reason Maldonado has stopped hitting people is that he's too slow to get anywhere near them.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3239310)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:

The only reason Maldonado has stopped hitting people is that he's too slow to get anywhere near them.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3239314)   #71
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Maldonado has a strong talent buried beneath a thuggish and mercurial temperament. If anyone needs a drill sarge/driver coach and time in a boot camp - its him.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3239337)   #72
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Hold on he didn't hit anyone last year at Spain!

Oh yeah...he was out front on his own and was barely threatened...

I still like him but he has been very quiet this season.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3239387)   #73
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He is very talented but clearly a massive liability. The Luis Suarez of F1.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3239396)   #74
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
He is very talented but clearly a massive liability. The Luis Suarez of F1.
He bites !
Old 25 Apr 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3239402)   #75
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
10 race ban.