Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 23 Oct 2004, 13:24 (Ref:1132914)   #1
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very Annoying....

Well, whenever i'm typing something in the quick reply box, i sometimes change my mind because i'd rather preview it before i post, so i cut the text, click the 'post reply' link and paste it into the box, only for it to come out something like this...

Quote:
http://master.mx-targeting.com/mx/servlet/MXTarget?adcontext=http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?s%3D%26threadid%3D61176&contextpeak=0&contextcount=0&countrycodein=BE&lastAd
Time=0|0|0|1097498004|0|1098534257|0|0|0|&lastAdCode=6&cookie1=lflshdt%3D1097481894%26capdatedy%3D10 23%26capdate%3D238%26lstlogdt%3D20041023%26capcntdy%3D3%26cntp%3Dcable%26capcnt%3D1%26&cookie2=fstci dt%3D1097481894352%26&cookie3=1;10984
I'm having this problem mainly (but not exclusively) on the Ten Tenths forums...
Any advice or insights please?

Last edited by ASCII Man; 23 Oct 2004 at 13:26.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 13:41 (Ref:1132924)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just make sure you're only selecting the text from the quick reply box and nowhere else.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1133775)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do, that's what annoying me...
Old 25 Oct 2004, 13:26 (Ref:1135045)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Strange, I can't repeat the problem when using IE6, Firefox or Opera 7
Old 26 Oct 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1136226)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

Then it's just me, i guess.
Some sort of spyware thingy...
Old 26 Oct 2004, 10:42 (Ref:1136253)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Ok did a bit of poking around and this query has been raised on other forums. Apparently it is caused by spyware on your machine.

You need to run a spyware remover - AdAware is a good one - and that should resolve it.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 11:17 (Ref:1136310)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

Thanks, EP.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 11:48 (Ref:1136346)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I run three ASCII -

AdAware
Spybot Search & Destroy
Bazooka
Old 26 Oct 2004, 13:32 (Ref:1136507)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

I have the first 2 of those.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1136558)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So do I but I don't have your problem so it maybe isn't that then.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1136577)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well all the forums I've found seem to be recommending AdAware but I don't know if that's because it's the only one they know about...
Old 26 Oct 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1136636)   #12
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Spybot S&D is pretty good, I've used it on a few machines.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1136725)   #13
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing might help with new AdAware - their new version
The thing is that it requires the old one to be uninstalled so it really is new, and not just old with new buttons
Old 26 Oct 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1136838)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I tend to use all three from time to time, but I vary which order I use them in. That way I can see what each programme is picking up. I personally recommend using both Adaware and Spybot. Bazooka is comforiung for a quick check - a scan takes about 2 seconds.........
Old 26 Oct 2004, 17:32 (Ref:1136864)   #15
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I tend to use all three from time to time, but I vary which order I use them in. That way I can see what each programme is picking up. I personally recommend using both Adaware and Spybot. Bazooka is comforiung for a quick check - a scan takes about 2 seconds.........
I also use Spyware Begone and it works great. They seem to be a little quicker killing the latest items that come around than Adaware IMO...

Old 26 Oct 2004, 17:35 (Ref:1136870)   #16
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and another thing that I find annoying...

Other web sites using their version of the Ten-Tenths forums. Like Planet Le Mans & Mulsanne's Corner. I prefer to use the Ten-Tenths home site when on the forum, instead of going through the other sites... Very annoying IMO.

Martin