Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Mar 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3214719)   #76
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Something different. Started out as a Formula Mazda single seater that ran a stock two chamber rotary engine. It was later converted to prototype body and lengthened chassis to get a big fuel cell in. It has competed in many endurance races including a 25hr, in which it apparently acquitted itself very well.
Attached Thumbnails
028.jpg   027.jpg  
Old 5 Mar 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3214726)   #77
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Biggest Rig at the event. They are classed as motorhomes....
Thats actually a 'Toterhome'
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 5 Mar 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3214729)   #78
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Moose, you would love that event!

Link to the pics mentioned- they are HERE
Yes I would Mike I did Daytona back in 2007 but now fancy a proper road course, Watkins Glen is favoured as its close to US family.

Theres a bit of 'basic' video of Sebring in the link, didn't see the Ryan Mustang though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6fgHIxS9_0
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 6 Mar 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3214843)   #79
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the reports, guys....looks like a great trip!
Old 6 Mar 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3214860)   #80
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Thats actually a 'Toterhome'
More like a Motorhotel surely?
Old 10 Mar 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3216679)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sports Car Digest have a report and photo gallery on line HERE I make no apology in giving a link to the gallery page that has a pic of Black Beauty with yours truly (almost) in command. I was given firm instructions by Holger, who not only transported the car for Cliff but also came trackside for our races, that under NO circumstances was I to be beaten by the Mecury Cougar behind, as it had a vinyl roof.... The other pics are worth a look too.

So far haven't found any photos of the proper driver at the wheel but am still looking! There is a couple of youtube vids though, and one has a shot of the Mighty Mustang from the rear (so can't see driver), but guess it is Cliff from the other cars close. Its at about 2:50 in here.

The other video is by Sports Car Illustrated and again gives excellent coverage of the variety of cars racing.

Old 10 Mar 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3216700)   #82
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great paddock shot of the ex Holbert Dekon Monza which I raced in 1986 Miami Grand Prix.Could have bought it for $12000 ********, I want that grunt again just fab!
Old 10 Mar 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3216712)   #83
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh911 View Post
Great paddock shot of the ex Holbert Dekon Monza which I raced in 1986 Miami Grand Prix.Could have bought it for $12000 ********, I want that grunt again just fab!
You get a lot of grunt for your buck over there! The Monza looked a beast.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3216738)   #84
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
What a tool that Monza, was the $12000 a recent price? The Mustang looked a bit soft through the S's Mike.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3216757)   #85
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
The Mustang looked a bit soft through the S's Mike.
That's the owner driving, I think. Bit of a hooligan.

Old 10 Mar 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3216778)   #86
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1987 price on the Monza.If someone tells me how to do it I have some pics I can post.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3216829)   #87
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Email them to me John - I'll put them up.
Old 11 Mar 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3216847)   #88
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
1987 price on the Monza.If someone tells me how to do it I have some pics I can post.
You can send them direct from you computer by clicking on the decal arrowed.
Attached Thumbnails
Thread pics.JPG  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Mar 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3216904)   #89
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
makes sense must be worth many times that now, I actually built a steel bodied one into a race car over here sadly I couldn't get it to turn in correctly on right handers and wrecked it at Lydden Hill. Shame as it certainly was something different on the UK scene.
Old 11 Mar 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3217188)   #90
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sports Car Illustrated have their report on line HERE with more excellent photos. From Fiat 128 via Nascar to LMP1 cars!
Old 11 Mar 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3217238)   #91
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are the pictures from John H-H.

Quote:
Please find attached Monza pics which I cannot post on ten/tenths.I believe it is the same car albiet in GTO trim not GTX as car is now. .All Pics at Miami apart from one on trailer after I backed it into the wall at Charlotte.We made the race after an all-nighter finishing 8th.Value of car now at least $250,000.Oh well I never get it right!
Attached Thumbnails
Monza1s.jpg   Monza2s.jpg   Monza3s.jpg  

Old 12 Mar 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3217345)   #92
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Alan. There is a good pic of the Monza on track at Sebring in the Sports Car Illustrated gallery!

Old 16 Mar 2013, 06:53 (Ref:3219232)   #93
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
This has nothing to do with the vintage races except that it is only two weeks later and on same circuit! As some of you will know it is the Sebring 12hr ALMS race this weekend and Audi are running the R18 e-tron Le Mans car there for last time. (Next year it won't be eligible for the series.)

Now, we managed to haul Cliff's Mustang round in the low 2 min 30s, and even fastest car on our grid was only 10 secs faster. This Audi is lapping 45 seconds quicker than us, with a pole lap of 1min 43.8 secs, and today running (hopefully) for 12hrs! That really does put things into perspective......

Huge diesel torque pushing the rear, electric motors driving front wheels, KERS, incredible downforce- it really is a joy to watch. THIS onboard footage from yesterday shows the pole lap (starts about 7min 23secs) and took my breath away. If you want to learn more read the Sebring 12hr thread in the Sports and GT section.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3219285)   #94
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mike, was it only 2 weeks ago that looked a lot more composed than the Mustang and a lot faster! At every point on the circuit the Audi is going half as fast again as we did - I suppose that's 50 years of racing advancement for you!

I will ask our director of communications to put your laps on you tube, so we can do a comparison.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3219288)   #95
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Mike, was it only 2 weeks ago that looked a lot more composed than the Mustang and a lot faster! At every point on the circuit the Audi is going half as fast again as we did - I suppose that's 50 years of racing advancement for you!

I will ask our director of communications to put your laps on you tube, so we can do a comparison.
So I failed in camera operating then- none of you?.... But then of course, it is you, as I wasn't there!

Mustang beats Audi for noise quality any time!!! Although it is intriguing to hear the latter's KERS when braking and the motors when accelerating again. Notice that at end of main straight Audi has turned into the corner before braking. All the vintage stuff was braking at the 400 / 300yd markers!
Old 16 Mar 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3219291)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw the Audio at Bahrain last year. It is weird, all you really here as a spectator is the tyre noise.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3219300)   #97
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So I failed in camera operating then- none of you?.... But then of course, it is you, as I wasn't there!

Mustang beats Audi for noise quality any time!!!

Notice that at end of main straight Audi has turned into the corner before braking. All the vintage stuff was braking at the 400 / 300yd markers!
Yep I noticed that too