Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jul 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2727437)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Silverstone Classic 10/10 BBQ.

Here we go then. No probs Arnie. Im testing the mighty Galaxie Monday so will post the final list Monday evening.We need a rough idea on Numbers but its not essential.We will start cooking at around 8pm so all our Marshall friends who are working can get to the Delta truck at approx 8.30 should have some food ready for you .I'm hoping to be parked behind the HGPCA tents which is on the same lane as Cafe. showers fuel station ect,but will be up at the Copse end of the road.If i cant get in that spot then will just be over the road. Also look for the "Historic FF2000 easy up"Most people know the Delta truck so please just ask.
Very much looking forward getting together again.Cheers Iain.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2727439)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I will bring some beer.
Not bad for someone who doesn't drink!
Old 16 Jul 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2727541)   #3
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There'll be a crate of beer from me too, although with family over in the campsite I'll probably just drink one of them to be sociable with everyone, before heading back to ensure that baby Freddie isn't keeping toddler Emily awake - or vice-versa!

A warning to other Motorhomers, to keep clear, as not only we will have our kids with us, but my brother's similar aged brood will be with us too, and so will Jonathon Rushton (Roadsports Morgan) and baby Max , who'll be just 6 weeks old and under canvas for the first time ... brave ... You have all been warned!

I guess if you make the most of Iain's BBQ at least on Saturday night you won't care!

See you there - with both cars ... probably!

James
Old 16 Jul 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2727772)   #4
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As mentioned, will bring a couple of cases of beer too.

It's the wife's birthday on that Saturday and I promised her a slap-up meal...

'Whaddya mean it's not the Manoir au Quatre Saisons..!'

Old 16 Jul 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2727797)   #5
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
There'll be a crate of beer from me too, although with family over in the campsite I'll probably just drink one of them to be sociable with everyone, ....
A crate of beer consumed sound pretty sociable to me!

Or have I misread that?

Can't see that the offspring would be much of a worry after that ....
Old 17 Jul 2010, 06:23 (Ref:2727879)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As mentioned before, Me, Mrs MM, MiniMM and a couple of crates of beer.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2728222)   #7
danny_boman330
Rookie

United Kingdom
langley mill, nottingham
danny_boman330 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could you put my name down for the bbq on the sat night? i did post in the other thread but didnt get a reply so thought id try here
cheers danny
ps im a marshal
Old 18 Jul 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2728697)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Here is the BBQ entry list. If you are not down please dont worry and im sorry if it was my mistake if i missed you.There is no closing date.We will cater for 100 or so guest and nobody will be turned away.
Mike Bell and co.
SZ Racer and Mrs.
JR and his crew.
Midget man.
Colin McKay.
grantp and camera with trypod.
SAMD.
Roger and his band".Wives Dont Know"
jminsh"just passing"
Alan and Fay.
Zakeriath.
Terence."he's Staff"
White flag man.
Dave Weston
Spectator's
Retired x 2.
Shelagh x 2
Andy T x 3.
danny-boman330.
arnage arnie.
Andrew Davenall x 2.
Ian Briggs.
Stone Kicker.
Hairy DJ.
Adstubbs.
spm94wrx.
plus special girls Lynx and Kate Silverton.Well they are both journalist.Please add your name to the list if anyone else fancies comming along.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2728964)   #9
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Here is the BBQ entry list. If you are not down please dont worry and im sorry if it was my mistake if i missed you.There is no closing date.We will cater for 100 or so guest and nobody will be turned away.

plus special girls Lynx and Kate Silverton.Well they are both journalist.Please add your name to the list if anyone else fancies comming along.

In that case, hope you don't mind if this marshal comes and joins you.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2728970)   #10
pixie2308
Rookie

England
South Warwickshire, Middle England
pixie2308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Here is the BBQ entry list. If you are not down please dont worry and im sorry if it was my mistake if i missed you.There is no closing date.We will cater for 100 or so guest and nobody will be turned away."

I thought OH (Spud) had replied ... as we are missing can we please be added ....???? thanks
Also Marshalls Mr and Mrs Fingers ...????

nb a bit necky but can our guests come too? or can i poke faces at my parents from a long distance?

Cheers it is appreciated
Old 19 Jul 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2729005)   #11
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We will be at home but will leave the case of beer!
Old 19 Jul 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2729217)   #12
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We've said we'll bring along something liquid (box wine at least) - do you want anything more like coleslaw, pringles, etc....?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2729390)   #13
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
We've said we'll bring along something liquid (box wine at least) - do you want anything more like coleslaw, pringles, etc....?
How about some pies Shelagh!
Old 20 Jul 2010, 06:28 (Ref:2729468)   #14
Jordygirl
Racer

England
Rutland
Jordygirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another marshal to add to the list please (plus hubby). Really enjoyed the BBQ last year, putting names to faces made it a good evening. See ya there.

Linda
Old 20 Jul 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2729652)   #15
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will come and say hello all being well
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 20 Jul 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2729748)   #16
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May pop in for a few mins with 12yr old Pretty Vacant junior!
Old 21 Jul 2010, 06:20 (Ref:2729948)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Team Delta heading up to Silverstone now so will be off air. Look foward to seeing all at BBQ Saturday evening.Cheers Iain.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 06:53 (Ref:2729953)   #18
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Must be an important BBQ as seems to be advertised on the Wiget counters TNF Forum.

Best of luck boys!
Old 21 Jul 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2730009)   #19
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is looking less likely that we will get over to the meeting. Although one of our party has an Instrument Rating, to take off in NI fly to Northamptonshire find the Turweston Airfield and then do the same in reverse would be foolhardy in the forecasted conditions.
However, the forecasted conditions have been known to change so....
Old 21 Jul 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2730217)   #20
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain's asked me to let everyone know that the truck is in a different place to last year. He's had to park at the Copse end of the paddock, but two service roads away from the pit garages (ie not the service road with the showers and toilets in, but the next one). He's already hoisted the Cornish flag, so that will hopefully be fairly visible.

See you on Saturday...
Old 21 Jul 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2730239)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saves pushing the cars too far for scrutineering though.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2730283)   #22
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the Sharknose is about to go on the rolling road as I type this, so fingers crossed that there are no problems, and Iain gets to drive it at the weekend...
Old 21 Jul 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2730332)   #23
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
How about some pies Shelagh!
Good call - that I hadn't thought of!

Might be tempted to bring along some p**k pies and, even, some apple types.

Any preference?

PieLady
Old 22 Jul 2010, 07:28 (Ref:2730479)   #24
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Iain's asked me to let everyone know that the truck is in a different place to last year. He's had to park at the Copse end of the paddock, but two service roads away from the pit garages (ie not the service road with the showers and toilets in, but the next one). He's already hoisted the Cornish flag, so that will hopefully be fairly visible.

See you on Saturday...
Up to press with a singular lack of info from the 'Classic' site it is a wonder that Iain has found the circuit, I fear the finest 'Classic shambles' yet. I do hope I am so horribly wrong for all those involved whose efforts should reap success. The placing of the Classic so far down the list of the most important events [last] on the Silverstone circuit site, does not inspire confidence, whereas it used to be second only to the GP.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 07:34 (Ref:2730482)   #25
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Good call - that I hadn't thought of!

Might be tempted to bring along some p**k pies and, even, some apple types.

Any preference?

PieLady
I think with the size of most of the grids and the value of a lot of the cars, we'd better leave the pork pies safely at home!