Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Dec 2001, 06:30 (Ref:184183)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jason Leffler to the Truck Series

Looks like Jason will be driving the #2 Truck next season. This will be a great addition to the Truck series because Jason has the talent, he just needs some mores seasoning. I thought it was a mistake for Chip Ganassi to shoot him up to Cup last year anyway. Jason showed flashes of brilliance in the Busch Grand National series during the 2000 season but did not do enough in my opinion to land a full-time Winston Cup ride. I hope things work out for him.

http://www.nascar.com/2001/NEWS/12/0...gns/index.html
Old 10 Dec 2001, 06:42 (Ref:184188)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that is interesting, i thought jason would have gone back to the busch series.....

is trucks a backward step compared to going to the busch series
Old 10 Dec 2001, 06:55 (Ref:184193)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
that is interesting, i thought jason would have gone back to the busch series.....

is trucks a backward step compared to going to the busch series
You can say this generally but I would rather drive a front-running Truck than a mid-pack BGN car. And a mid-pack BGN ride is probably all that he can get at this point.
Old 10 Dec 2001, 14:12 (Ref:184291)   #4
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah- I agree Joe- It would be better for him to DO WELL in a lower series, than to struggle in a higher one. I think that these boys try to move up too quickly- then are discouraged. He's young & has some time.

Besides the truck series is awesome. I love it. I would have a hard time deciding, if I were given an option between a truck race & a Busch race. The trucks are a bit harder handling- therefore I feel that they learn more- The tracks are generally smaller & flater. Although there isn't much more exciting than the trucks on a super speedway.
Old 10 Dec 2001, 16:56 (Ref:184321)   #5
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like Ganassi didn't do Jason much of a favor stealing him away from Joe Gibbs Racing after all. He had a good ride in Busch, but now finds himself in trucks. I guess he will be able to say that he has experience in all 3 top Nascar divisions...