Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2015, 13:20 (Ref:3519368)   #1
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Better Way to Format the calendar?

F1 2015 calendar based on geographical location (West to East):
  1. Mexico
  2. US
  3. Canada
  4. Brazil
  5. UK
  6. Spain
  7. Belgium
  8. Monaco
  9. R.I.P. Germany
  10. Italy
  11. Austria
  12. Hungary
  13. Russia
  14. UAE
  15. Bahrain
  16. Malaysia
  17. Singapore
  18. China
  19. Nippon
  20. Australia

Seems like this would lower travel costs, and yes, I know the UAE has contractual rights to host the finale.

Thoughts?
Old 25 Mar 2015, 22:33 (Ref:3519549)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 chases the alleged better weather (with one or two obvious exceptions).

The current calender starts in the the autumnal (fall) in the Southern Hemisphere and Early Spring in the far east, coming across to Europe for the spring and summer months... jumping over to Canada as it's extreme weather swings mean that it must fit in there), before returning back to the Autumnal Southern US, Mexico and (early spring) Brazil.

The middle eastern countries just need to avoid there summer time where it would be too hot to run.

The first exception ... Japan in the typhoon season has always been the strange one, it could easily fit into the early season (Australia, Malaysia, China, Japan) perhaps Bahrain's slot moving back to September or October time perhaps around Sochi.

Second exception, the UK, as we never know which day of the year Summer will fall on, Not even Bernie has that much control. So they have to pick a date and hope for no snow.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 25 Mar 2015 at 22:38.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3523069)   #3
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm working on reworking it based on geographical location, rain chance, and temperature.