Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 12 Nov 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1764380)   #76
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What I found amusing was that during the feature race, the A1 people used the Medical car complete with doctors and another car with orange lights as fast response vehicles...not for the injured as thankfully there wasn't any other than pride, but to get people to the scene of the accident in order to push the damaged car out of the way.
I don't think I've ever seen to Doctors pushing a car out of the way before.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1764394)   #77
girl r4cer
Rookie

girl r4cer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And please don't invite Robbie Kerr into the Sky Sports studio again...
Your right....I'd rather have him in the GBR car instead any day! Thats where a proper racing driver like Robbie does his talking.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1764512)   #78
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn´t see the races. Anyone got results??
Old 12 Nov 2006, 22:36 (Ref:1764515)   #79
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.a1gp.comand click on the results section
Old 12 Nov 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1764543)   #80
MickAU
Racer

MickAU has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Getting back to the track design and the blame being apportioned to the Chinese Authorities - don't A1 consult to independent track consultants to plan these things WITH local authorities?

AFAIK they were formerly involved with Champcar.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1764557)   #81
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a joke this race turned out to be
Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1764719)   #82
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently the mayor of Beijing requested that the manhole covers not be bolted down as it would be inconvenient...

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdeta...storyID=107361
Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1764741)   #83
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
So does he want the race or not?

As usual, there'sa good selection of quotes from teams and drivers on pitpass.com, here.

Oh, and A1GP is to have a new CEO in January. Has somebody been made the fall guy for this last weekend?
Old 13 Nov 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1764910)   #84
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Oh, and A1GP is to have a new CEO in January. Has somebody been made the fall guy for this last weekend?
I don't think so - the new guy (da Silva) is replacing Bruce Holmes who was only acting CEO after the Sheikh's departure.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1764926)   #85
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
that race turned into a bit of a shambles!

shame, A1GP could be so great
Old 14 Nov 2006, 04:33 (Ref:1765492)   #86
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched the TV coverage last night. I almost recycled my dinner when at the beginning of the feature race John Watson congratulated the Chinese organisers for putting the track together and organising such a great event
Old 14 Nov 2006, 07:22 (Ref:1765548)   #87
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What the hell has happened to Ireland? Did they even have any excuses?
Old 14 Nov 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1765706)   #88
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I found the feature race rather entertaining. Some good battles and overtaking in there.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1766036)   #89
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood
What the hell has happened to Ireland? Did they even have any excuses?
Before the meeting they had sent the car back to Lola and reckoned they had found some faults that caused an inherent structural weakness.

Unfortunately, in the sprint race Devaney drove into Zaugg's spun Team SA car, which delayed him and required a pit stop for a new nose cone.

After that it was effectively all over, although in the feature race things went from bad to worse when Devaney clouted the wall after 3 laps, picking up a puncture and damaged rear suspension.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1766124)   #90
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what happened to Malaysia and France at the end? La Pierre was pushing Yoong, then all of a sudden Yoong had some damage and the Frenchman had dropped back to tangle with Canada. I didn't see anything on the replays although it all seemed to happen at once towards the end of the race.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1766132)   #91
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Have a look at the pitpass.com report I provided a link to in post 83 above. Basically, Yoong slid into the wall. He's not blaming anyone else. You can read the France and Canada reports there, too.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1766142)   #92
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Have a look at the pitpass.com report I provided a link to in post 83 above. Basically, Yoong slid into the wall. He's not blaming anyone else. You can read the France and Canada reports there, too.
Thanks strider, great link, confusion settled.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1769637)   #93
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ouch!

Just seen some footage of the A1GP circuit in Beijing... The bumps! I saw some of those cars going off the ground, that is disgraceful. If they want to host a world class race such as this, they need to get their act together. Those bumps need to be flattened, it's a disgrace and it's too dangerous.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Nov 2006, 12:12 (Ref:1774691)   #94
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to bring this thread back, but I'm curious why the drivers were alone to pretty much straightline that chicane?