Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Aug 2003, 22:46 (Ref:698778)   #1
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened with Muller and Reid?

I'm not talking about the last lap pass, I heard there was an 'incident' in Parc Ferme after race and was just wondering if anyone knew what happened. Without it damaging a driver reputation of course, keep it unbiased!!
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:01 (Ref:698792)   #2
the king
Rookie

the king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Muller assisted Mr. Reid with his exit from from his car. Mr. Muller then attempted to loosen the aforementioned Mr. Reid's collar for him as he must have assumed that due to his exertions he needed to cool down. At this point Mr. Reid must have become even more tired because he proceeded to quickly lie down across the bonnet of his car with Mr. Muller still attempting to loosen his collar. At this point Mr. Bennett intervened and assisted Mr. Reid in regaining his composure.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:12 (Ref:698811)   #3
Jimeth
Racer

.......yikes!
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:13 (Ref:698812)   #4
Tim.Lad
Racer

Tim.Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats the funniest thing ive read for ages...
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:14 (Ref:698814)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shameful - I'm disgusted with Yvan Muller for that. Isn't he due a penalty for that then? (I'm remembering the Reid/Rydell incident in 1998).
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:19 (Ref:698820)   #6
Jimeth
Racer

It really is shocking, there's no need for that and if it was in Parc Ferme the public will have seen as well. Muller should be punished severely for that, its animalistic and no matter how pi**ed he was there's no need for stuff like that.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:19 (Ref:698821)   #7
kestrel
Rookie

kestrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick Minnassian was given a three race ban for his violence towards another driver.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:22 (Ref:698824)   #8
Jimeth
Racer

i didn't see it on tv but from what i've read all over the web it sounds just like a racing incident (again i may be wrong so don't hold me to this) and Muller just lost his rag then. Terrible conduct.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:22 (Ref:698825)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well here's hoping Yvan Muller gets his deserved penalty - Jimeth is spot on.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 23:33 (Ref:698834)   #10
kestrel
Rookie

Bet he gets away with only a slap on the wrist !
He gets away with everything else !!!!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 08:07 (Ref:699081)   #11
mystery racer
Rookie

mystery racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on guys!

Lets not forget how pumped up these guys are when they step out of a racing car - these "incidents" happen more often than you think! After a short while, it all calms down.

I'm not supporting boxing matches in parc ferme - but at the same token, I'd rather have drivers who show their emotions and passion for their racing!

We could always make sure all drivers go to the F1 school of robots? Yeah, that'd be great...
Old 26 Aug 2003, 10:22 (Ref:699175)   #12
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Reidy! Why is it always him who gets the punches at Brands?? Yvan really was out of order!Ok, so hes under pressure, but this is motor-racing, NOT boxing!

I hope Yvan is punished for that, Reidy was not at fault!

Now you start to think is Yvan worse than Plate????
Old 26 Aug 2003, 11:11 (Ref:699238)   #13
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oi! Lets not forget Reid had already cheated by passing a car under the safety flags, he then took a daft lunge at Yvan, not for the first time... there is a lot of previous and Yvan has pretty much been the innocent guy between them. Plus to be personal, there is nothing that winds me up more than a post-race Reid interview... I'd be tempted to give him a slap, but as it was so eloquently put, Yvan was merely helping out of his car and loosening his collar. Clearly he noted that the old boy was struggling a touch.
Cheers RickP
Old 26 Aug 2003, 11:16 (Ref:699247)   #14
Jimeth
Racer

i don't care why it happened, the fact that Muller lost his rag, and resorted to physical violence in front of the public is not what should be done. The guy to quote Cleland is an animal, and if he doesn't get punished properly then i wonder what the world has come to. Yes Reids move was probably daft, but Muller should have just waited until they were out of the public spotlight and then shouted like never before at him. I think Reidy is right in his interview, its Yvan not handling the pressure cos he knows he HAS to win the title this year after failing times before.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 11:19 (Ref:699249)   #15
kestrel
Rookie

More to the point ...

Muller blamed Plato for everything !!

Incident after race at Silverstone - disgusting public show by Muller in refusing to shake Plato's hand - blamed Plato for taking him out - TRUTH was Muller ran out of fuel, Plato went for gap, Muller turned in on Plato !!!

All sounding a bit too familiar now - drivers go for gaps, Muller turns in on them and then blames them !!!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 11:40 (Ref:699266)   #16
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah.....But isn't Mr. Reid always blameless. Always..Never his fault, never his arrogance that caused it, always someone else....

Granted, in this case it WAS a racing incident..There wqas a viable gap and he filled it. Muller should have backed out to save his race. No point getting mad when you've been done, is there....

I do understand why he would get his back up at Reid tho...I really can't stand the guy - Noone is that faultless !!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 14:11 (Ref:699477)   #17
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by the king
Mr Muller assisted Mr. Reid with his exit from from his car. Mr. Muller then attempted to loosen the aforementioned Mr. Reid's collar for him as he must have assumed that due to his exertions he needed to cool down. At this point Mr. Reid must have become even more tired because he proceeded to quickly lie down across the bonnet of his car with Mr. Muller still attempting to loosen his collar. At this point Mr. Bennett intervened and assisted Mr. Reid in regaining his composure.
If Reid has any sense he'll take Muller to court, that is full blown assault and no one should get away with it. Muller should get a criminal record for that. Apsoultely disgusting!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 14:12 (Ref:699479)   #18
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've not seen it yet, only stills however I hope he is docked points. A champion of any series should be able not just to control himself on track but off it to, yes we want drama, yes we want people *****ing off at each other but we do not want this, violence. I think he will get away with it, big names do. Even if Reid was in the wrong there is no excuses. Think to F1 and Schuey/DC a few years back. Schuey was not docked anything for trying to get at DC I think the same thing will happen again. Put him at the back of the grid and fine him at least.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 14:18 (Ref:699488)   #19
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ban him from Donny. He deserves everything he should get but probably wont because Mulelr is just perfect!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 16:12 (Ref:699645)   #20
Tim.Lad
Racer

Tim.Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the autosport web site has got some more information today,

A quote from from mr gow "The matter has been dealt with by the MSA Stewards."

Won`t take long to find out ..
Old 26 Aug 2003, 16:34 (Ref:699681)   #21
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kestrel
More to the point ...

Muller blamed Plato for everything !!

Incident after race at Silverstone - disgusting public show by Muller in refusing to shake Plato's hand - blamed Plato for taking him out - TRUTH was Muller ran out of fuel, Plato went for gap, Muller turned in on Plato !!!

All sounding a bit too familiar now - drivers go for gaps, Muller turns in on them and then blames them !!!
Yes, that is familiar....

I think what Reid said about Muller was spot on- (from Autosport.com)

""He came round and grabbed me by the throat and tried punching me through my helmet," Reid told The Telegraph. "I think this is Yvan Muller under pressure because he's not won the title before and doesn't know how to cope with it.""

The last statement I agree very much with, as it sums Muller up very well- Besides, Reid has experience with incidents of these sorts. Remember Brands 1998, Rydell vs. Reid?
Old 27 Aug 2003, 06:47 (Ref:700309)   #22
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looked at the small picture on Autospurts site - anyone know where I can see any more pics? Looks like Yvans in full Cassius Clay pose! I'd like to see just how far you can go in parc ferme without getting proper punishment. The 11 day ban they have handed him stinks. I have nothing against Muller personally but its a bloody disgrace.