Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Dec 2008, 09:58 (Ref:2352431)   #1
The Profiler
Rookie

The Profiler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrizi Delusional??

Delusion: “A false belief which cannot be modified by reasoning or by demonstrations of facts”

Delusional: The adjective of the above, or more realistically, where the specifics of this forum are concerned: “Michael Patrizi”
I have, over the years been provoked, enticed and even motivated to contribute to these pages but have also come to the view that, in reality it is probably a waste of valuable time and energy. However, every now and then something will happen, the planets will align and a conspiracy of events will occur and I am overwhelmed with the need to vent! This is one of those moments.

The stages are? Paternal, followed by frustration, then pity, anger and finally “I give up!!” These are the stages of dealing with and trying to understand the V8 Supercar participant Michael Patrizi. I use the word “participant”, deliberately as I can assure you, to use the term “driver” would be a huge insult to the many “drivers” that have over the years delivered countless hours of pleasure and entertainment to us all as we have observed, argued and debated over their wonderful attributes and skills

I like many who have watched and observed the comic farce that has been Mr. Patrizi’s efforts to find a niche within what is arguably the most competitive touring car racing category on earth. I have dealt with a plethora of mixed emotions and feelings through this experience. In the beginning, we wished him well and made allowances due to his lack of experience, middle of the year, you still hope but the truth is emerging. Finally when the ride is over and the reality appears in full bloom we have to accept that Michael is nothing but a no talent rich kid who has been given opportunities at life that most can only dream of.

This in itself is at best disappointing and at worst a source of abject frustration. However, I, as I’m sure most, would have happily let Michael’s folly fade away into the background and even though he is highly likely to re appear in next years series? When he finally finds himself without a pocket full of cash and the only drive he is offered is behind the wheel of the Kalgoorlie Ice Cream Truck we would all let this entire tragedy rest peacefully in the historical archives.

That’s how it should have gone? Slap myself in the face, this is the world champion at believing his own BS and happily jamming his foot in his mouth, this is Michael Patrizi.

My little outburst herein, is a result of an article that appeared in the “Kalgoorlie Miner” news paper today. Thing is it seems it must be ok to say anything and apparently if it comes from young Patrizi’s mouth it is not only OK to say it, it is ok to put it in print. Maybe he thought no one would read it? (We can only hope)

Here are a few quotes from the article with some facts as a response. A link to the article is attached.

“Patrizi emerged from his debut campaign in the prestigious championship series in overall 26th position – not bad for the 24-year-old rookie who signed on for the 2008 series having never previously been behind the wheel of a V8 Supercar.”

Fact: 26th? By last count there were only 29 cars in the field and one of them was the poorly funded Team Kiwi. Things is 26th is as good as last. Not Bad? Leave that to you to decide.

Following a WA holiday, Patrizi was due to head back overseas last February but instead accepted a Ford Motor Company offer to contest the V8 Supercars.”

Fact: Nice to know there is some truth in this story? Michael has been on one permanent holiday since he was born. There was never and never has been any such offer from Ford. Just the offer of a big cheque from his Dad.

“For the equipment I drove with, we’ve had a sensational year,” Patrizi said.

Fact: Patrizi’s car was Identical (except for the paint job) in every way to the car that the guy who came second in the championship drove. Both car and driver wanted for nothing except perhaps tyres? It was apparently very hard to build up a tyre bank within the team as most of them ended up looking like fifty cent pieces, I am sure you can figure out why?

“The (new) team I will be driving for has a much stronger financial base, which gives me a lot more confidence in what the car’s ability will be and how it will go.”

Fact: More truth? The financial base will be the cash that Michael is paying to play.

“The right people know that as well, which is the best part about it.

Fact: They certainly do! They know you couldn't drive out of sight on a dark night but they'll gladly take your money

“The last five races, I probably made a bit of a name for myself with Mark Skaife,” he said.
“We had some great races and some hard races and probably don’t like each other that much at the moment.

Fact: refer to the beginning of article? Delusional. It is probably the only time you will ever hear the two names mentioned in the same place?
Thing is Michael, you are allowed to say and believe what you want but when these thoughts and comments are aired in a public forum it reflects on a lot of other people, particularly those guys and girls that worked their collective bums off for you and your pathetic efforts. Given the fact that they knew very early on that they were up against it with someone that was not up to the task they continued to give their all without complaint!

For you to make the assertions that you do is not only unfair to them it ultimately only serves to magnify the poor opinion held by many of you. Michael, you need to learn to do your talking on the race track, however the sad truth is it is the only place where you really have nothing to say and probably never will.

I'm going back into hibernation now

http://kalgoorlie.thewest.com.au/reg...ontentID=35456
Old 11 Dec 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2352443)   #2
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some one should head butt that kid.........................oooops thats right.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2352455)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What team would Mr Patrizi be driving for that has a stronger financial base than Prodrive with Ford factory support??

Whilst I can see some merit to what The Profiler suggests to be a lack of speed in what for all intents and purposes appears to be a very good chassis, its odd that the driver has to pump up his own tyres within such an interview.

Nice pic Here at Oran Park... but it doesnt quite show the Ausdrill car parked on the top of the wall..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Dec 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2352483)   #4
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What counts as a driver bash these days?
Old 11 Dec 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2352488)   #5
express
Rookie

express should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the original post is an absolute disgrace. on this forum over the years there has been some ordinary posts, but this takes the gold silver and bronze. an attack like this is very common on these forums, particulary by people who have absolutely no idea on what the real story is.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2352511)   #6
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by express
the original post is an absolute disgrace. on this forum over the years there has been some ordinary posts, but this takes the gold silver and bronze. an attack like this is very common on these forums, particulary by people who have absolutely no idea on what the real story is.
Perhaps, but it's certainly better written and better considered than most similar posts from the past!
Old 11 Dec 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2352569)   #7
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least Michael Patrizi has put his name to his remarks.................
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 11 Dec 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2352778)   #8
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a particularly picky profiler

Hey profile man, turn your talents to Messrs Thompson & Marshall ! They've been at V8s, in tourers longer than Patrizi.

Do you have an axe to grind re Patrizi &/or Ausdrill?
Old 11 Dec 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2352982)   #9
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Hey profile man, turn your talents to Messrs Thompson & Marshall ! They've been at V8s, in tourers longer than Patrizi.

Do you have an axe to grind re Patrizi &/or Ausdrill?

Is The Profiler actually the ****ed bloke from TEX Onsite that allegedly gave the young chap a tickle-up in the Bathurst pit lane, at day's end on the Sunday ?

Last edited by Woolley; 11 Dec 2008 at 23:23. Reason: *sigh* AUTOCENSOR. For goodness sake.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2353005)   #10
eddie jessop
Rookie

eddie jessop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would have to say that at least 33.3 % of the field fall into this category, just insert a new name. D'alberto, Marshall, Patrizi, Thompson, Webb all bring money then there are the others, A.Jones, Mconville,etc making up the numbers.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 21:10 (Ref:2353024)   #11
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Billys gonna have to pick up his act. This guy left him for dead!
Old 11 Dec 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2353053)   #12
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie jessop
You would have to say that at least 33.3 % of the field fall into this category, just insert a new name. D'alberto, Marshall, Patrizi, Thompson, Webb all bring money then there are the others, A.Jones, Mconville,etc making up the numbers.
Hey, McConky at that bad... jeez, I thought I may have been a bit harsh on old James Courtney, but wow, that guy seems to be really ****ed at patrizi, makes my whinge look like exactly that, a whinge. This guy has full on sprayed the crap out of young michael. Theres only one driver Ive ever seen sprayed like that and that was g murphy when he took ambrose out of bathurst in 05?
Harsh.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2353070)   #13
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a good picture of Patrizi parked on the armco in VMAG on Saturday morning, along with some words from Patrizi, the gist of which was...

"It understeered really bad. I don't know what happened."

I wish these monkeys would go back to FF and learn how to race.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 23:14 (Ref:2353100)   #14
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Profiler: The facts you presented were merely your own opinions, so don't represent them as facts.

No I don't think Patrizi is great. Saw him drive in Formula BMW in at the Denver Grand Prix in 2005 and he was pretty slow.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 23:19 (Ref:2353101)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
There was a good picture of Patrizi parked on the armco in VMAG on Saturday morning, along with some words from Patrizi, the gist of which was...

"It understeered really bad. I don't know what happened."

I think you'll find that is common with many "young" drivers. They have little understanding of vehicle dynamics and why things happen the way they do. Some have "speed" but no understanding of how to harness it or what exactly is happening when they drive. Thus, when hard times come in their career or they reach professional levels they flounder. There is only so much you can drive around. Fancy engineers and data can only help so much as well, if the driver doesn't understand race car driving.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2353134)   #16
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards
Is The Profiler actually the ****ed bloke from TEX Onsite that allegedly gave the young chap a tickle-up in the Bathurst pit lane, at day's end on the Sunday ?

That was my thought all thru the rant. "This guy works at Tex Onsite, or at least did until just after Bathurst"

Mind you, I did spit my coffee when i got to the quotes regarding Skaife.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 00:24 (Ref:2353139)   #17
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
I think you'll find that is common with many "young" drivers. They have little understanding of vehicle dynamics and why things happen the way they do. Some have "speed" but no understanding of how to harness it or what exactly is happening when they drive. Thus, when hard times come in their career or they reach professional levels they flounder. There is only so much you can drive around. Fancy engineers and data can only help so much as well, if the driver doesn't understand race car driving.

There shouldn't be any place for those kinds of drivers in professional motorsport.

Even when I began racing in simulators on my computer years ago I did a lot of reading on vehicle dynamics and setup to understand what was going on with the car through corners. I found it extremely interesting, and helped me learn to "dance" with the car, rather than just stamp the pedals and turn the wheel and hope the thing gets around the corner.

Yet "I wanna go fast" seems to be the mantra among many. I'm not necessarily saying Patrizi falls into this category, though.

Last edited by RotorFan; 12 Dec 2008 at 00:26.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 00:29 (Ref:2353140)   #18
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some need to go back to the very basics of plastic pedal cars - putting them into FF (or any category which requires racing) is a danger to others.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 01:20 (Ref:2353151)   #19
The Profiler
Rookie

Guys, Gals……. and “Mountainstar” . Look, I had no intention of responding to any of the responses to my original post but I feel the need to clear the air and clarify a few things.

Firstly to you “Mountainstar” if you would be so kind as to indicate to me which of my comments I claim as facts are in your words, actually “opinions” I will happily apologise if necessary but I can assure you that will not be the case.

To the general ten tenths population: My views on the drivers ability are no doubt subjective but are, in reality, an educated assessment based on both a high level of knowledge and understanding. I should add however, that I would have been absolutely content to keep my views and opinions to myself, if it had not been for that blatantly self serving pack of lies that appeared in that news paper.

It would seem that the person, who is the catalyst for this, thinks and acts as if it is “all about him” and that by simply having the financial resource available to participate, it somehow automatically makes him a celebrity pro race driver?

Maybe it is, maybe it does but it is my view that if you want to assume that status and because of a misguided sense of perceived celebrity you go about abusing the responsibility that comes with that by serving up a pharking mountain of "Taurus Offal" that is bigger than the excavation of the gold mine in Kalgoorlie you damn well better be prepared to deal with the consequences!!

Whilst all you are arguing over and commenting about the quality, or lack of with regard to the person this is about and making judgments about me the author of all this. I want you all to take a moment and think about the team of guys and girls that worked tirelessly all year on his car.

They could have so easily just gone through the motions, accepting the reality that they were "flogging a dead horse" but they didn’t, they supported the driver with their own blood sweat and tears from beginning to end. Just think about the late nights and early mornings they spent making sure that the driver had the most perfect car they could give him and let me reiterate the car was as good as the best cars on the grid How does he say thanks?

Hope you all are now seeing the point? You can never ever go back across a burnt bridge!!
Old 12 Dec 2008, 02:21 (Ref:2353171)   #20
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As they say, hell hath no fury like a crew member scorned......
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 12 Dec 2008, 02:24 (Ref:2353173)   #21
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Profiler
To the general ten tenths population: My views on the drivers ability are no doubt subjective but are, in reality, an educated assessment based on both a high level of knowledge and understanding.
This must be taken by the assumption that you are actually educated...
As for burnt bridges, correct, you cannot recross a burnt one, that does not preclude the chance that it may be rebuilt.

Last edited by dazza027; 12 Dec 2008 at 02:27.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 04:16 (Ref:2353200)   #22
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Fact: 26th? By last count there were only 29 cars in the field and one of them was the poorly funded Team Kiwi. Things is 26th is as good as last. Not Bad? Leave that to you to decide.

Fact: Nice to know there is some truth in this story? Michael has been on one permanent holiday since he was born. There was never and never has been any such offer from Ford. Just the offer of a big cheque from his Dad.

Fact: Patrizi’s car was Identical (except for the paint job) in every way to the car that the guy who came second in the championship drove. Both car and driver wanted for nothing except perhaps tyres? It was apparently very hard to build up a tyre bank within the team as most of them ended up looking like fifty cent pieces, I am sure you can figure out why?

Fact: More truth? The financial base will be the cash that Michael is paying to play.

Fact: They certainly do! They know you couldn't drive out of sight on a dark night but they'll gladly take your money

Fact: refer to the beginning of article? Delusional. It is probably the only time you will ever hear the two names mentioned in the same place?
Thing is Michael, you are allowed to say and believe what you want but when these thoughts and comments are aired in a public forum it reflects on a lot of other people, particularly those guys and girls that worked their collective bums off for you and your pathetic efforts. Given the fact that they knew very early on that they were up against it with someone that was not up to the task they continued to give their all without complaint!

For you to make the assertions that you do is not only unfair to them it ultimately only serves to magnify the poor opinion held by many of you. Michael, you need to learn to do your talking on the race track, however the sad truth is it is the only place where you really have nothing to say and probably never will.

Everything you wrote was subjective opinion, not FACT. Don't misstate it as such.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 04:20 (Ref:2353202)   #23
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Firstly to you “Mountainstar” if you would be so kind as to indicate to me which of my comments I claim as facts are in your words, actually “opinions” I will happily apologise if necessary but I can assure you that will not be the case.

To the general ten tenths population: My views on the drivers ability are no doubt subjective but are, in reality, an educated assessment based on both a high level of knowledge and understanding. I should add however, that I would have been absolutely content to keep my views and opinions to myself, if it had not been for that blatantly self serving pack of lies that appeared in that news paper.
There ya go I marked it out for you above.

As you say yourself it's all subjective opinion.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 04:47 (Ref:2353205)   #24
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect from previous posts that Profiler is very very close to the SpeedFX operation, and could even have a SpeedFX business card in his pocket, hence the opinions posted may have more merit than those from an outsider or avid fanatic. Though like Patrizi's published opinions however, the Profiler opinions are simply just his own.

My opinion on Patrizi is he stepped right into the toughest touring car series under-prepared, so to expect significantly better in season one would be optimistic. There was indeed time available while he was getting up to speed to slip in some Fujitsu Series rounds, but I suspect the branding (sounds more polite than ego) wouldn't allow mixing with VESA's unwashed. With the benefit of the off-season to think about it, and a knowledge of most tracks, season two should be better if the talent is there, and his previous history suggests he is not slow. Season two will reveal a lot, one way or another.

Last edited by davester; 12 Dec 2008 at 04:50.
Old 12 Dec 2008, 05:03 (Ref:2353209)   #25
The Profiler
Rookie

Mountainstar, whilst I am loathe to escalate this debate to an exercise in futile semantics some of the information I included in my original post was largely subjective however the responses to the quotes from the article were stone hard facts.

With regard to his finishing position in the championship? I think it draws an extremely long bow to claim that coming 26th out of 29 cars is “not bad”? However, let me reiterate, I’ll let you decide.
Patrizi was never ever asked to enter the championship by the Ford Motor Company and never will be. His drive with FRSR as is his new ride was and is based entirely on a financial arrangement between the team and his funders. That is not subjective that is a fact!!
The offer came while he was on holiday in W.A.? Like I said, he has been on a permanent holiday. He has never had a job. Having said that, he believes that paying race teams millions of dollars to drive their cars constitutes having a job? I’ll leave that to you?

On the subject of the equipment? Fact, the car he drove in the championship was identical (except for paint) to the car that was in contention to win the championship right up to Oran Park. Given that, it is fact that his assertion that the car was not a “championship contender” is clearly wrong and is a claim made for no other reason than to try and justify himself and his sub standard performances.

“The right people know” Like I said, he is correct, the right people do know. They know he is cashed up and is a sub standard driver. Having said that, you need to understand that race teams operate on money and he has it. The thing that is wrong is that Michael likes to infer that he is being given these opportunities on merit and that is clearly “not the case!!” That my friend is a fact!!!

On the subject of Skaife? I’m almost too embarrassed to talk about this. The mere fact that he tries to put himself in the same league as arguably our most decorated champion since Brock surely says something about the mental state of the individual. What Michael should have said is that he ran into him a couple of times. On the track and in the catering tent.

Listen Mountainstar, you are probably a decent person and you are no doubt a fan of the sport and for that you are part of the family and you have a right to your opinion. Like I said from the outset, I’m very reluctant to get involved on these sites but when I read that article it just plain upset me. The instigation of this thread and subsequent debate and contributions to it is and was motivated purely by my desire to set the record straight on behalf of the team members who worked their ar*e off for him all year.

I will make no further comment.

Merry Christmas to everyone on Ten Tenths
Closed Thread