Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 May 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3079308)   #901
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm happy this car now looks like it will see the light of day. Not fussed what it looks like.

Going to try and keep the faith and not put this down as 'first retirement' in the LM predictions thread.
Old 26 May 2012, 04:15 (Ref:3079353)   #902
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm happy this car now looks like it will see the light of day. Not fussed what it looks like.

Going to try and keep the faith and not put this down as 'first retirement' in the LM predictions thread.
Never bet with your heart!
Old 26 May 2012, 06:09 (Ref:3079364)   #903
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Besides, a number is nothing more than a sticker on many cars, takes about 15min to apply perfectly.
I know .
Old 26 May 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3079385)   #904
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though the nose looks similar, the aero concept is totally different from the AMR-one - the pescarolo has a normal front splitter/diffuser with both the top and the bottom exposed to air, and presumably the normal sidepods next to the tub for housing the radiators. By comparison, the AMR-one had a really wacky solution, with cooling air from big holes at the very front, and flow from the diffuser guided through to the engine bay and out the back.

So from that standpoint, I'd be much more optimistic about this car than the AMR-one.

Edit: What the heck is up with the (i assume) brake cooling duct on one side and not the other?
Old 26 May 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3079417)   #905
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
Glad that they didn't change into a stepped nose, but at least they're in the right direction!
Old 26 May 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3079442)   #906
tarpon
Rookie

tarpon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nobody knows if the aston gearbox has been kept as said previously?
Old 26 May 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3079498)   #907
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon View Post
nobody knows if the aston gearbox has been kept as said previously?
It has the entire Aston rear end.
Old 26 May 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3079499)   #908
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsvg View Post
Even though the nose looks similar, the aero concept is totally different from the AMR-one - the pescarolo has a normal front splitter/diffuser with both the top and the bottom exposed to air, and presumably the normal sidepods next to the tub for housing the radiators. By comparison, the AMR-one had a really wacky solution, with cooling air from big holes at the very front, and flow from the diffuser guided through to the engine bay and out the back.

So from that standpoint, I'd be much more optimistic about this car than the AMR-one.

Edit: What the heck is up with the (i assume) brake cooling duct on one side and not the other?
It's on both sides.
Old 26 May 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3079519)   #909
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
The link isnt working for me, am I the only one?
Old 26 May 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3079521)   #910
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
The link isnt working for me, am I the only one?
It's dead now
Old 26 May 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3079524)   #911
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What a shame
Old 26 May 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3079525)   #912
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Umm works for me...

Funky!
Old 26 May 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3079526)   #913
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Thanks!

Old 26 May 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3079529)   #914
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Umm works for me...

Funky!
Still doesnt work for me, thanks for posting that up Chiana. Interesting...
Old 26 May 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3079532)   #915
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I won't pass my judgement until I've seen the rest of the chassis...
Old 26 May 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3079538)   #916
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wish they would get away from these high noses though .
Old 26 May 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3079539)   #917
tarpon
Rookie

tarpon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like an AMR with a judd ,may be some cosmetics to be marketised as a new model .

it is said to be at Magny Cours thuesday (information from le mans),but I
am very doubtful about a car which has not put a wheel outside the warehouse until ...

probably this "stolen" picture was an operation of team pescarolo itself to maintain the buzz.
Old 26 May 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3079583)   #918
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Wish they would get away from these high noses though .
Dear flat-eather, when I hear stuff like that all I hear is, "I wish they'd get away from the science of aerodynamics and mechanical engineering." Are race cars designed to be pretty for the spectators or to go around the track fast? Make your choice...

Now, *****ing about regulated aesthetics, now that's allowed. Especially when the solutions are concluded by group-think and as little science and engineering as the ACO will allow.
Old 26 May 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3079598)   #919
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At first glance on this somewhat limited view i am reminded a little of the last WR p2 car.
Old 26 May 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3079625)   #920
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who wanna bet it does more laps than the AMR-One?

If Henri is able to find some sponsors, i would be surprised if he isn't the best privater car next year, or very close at least. Hopefully he will be able to run it in the WEC after Le Mans, so they can sort out the car for next season.

Mike: I do not see the brake cooling duct on the cars left side, is the intake on the right not for the brakes or am i going blind?
Old 26 May 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3079626)   #921
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
Mike: I do not see the brake cooling duct on the cars left side, is the intake on the right not for the brakes or am i going blind?
Look carefully, it's there on the left side too, the nose is partially obscuring it from that angle.
Old 27 May 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3079712)   #922
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Dear flat-eather, when I hear stuff like that all I hear is, "I wish they'd get away from the science of aerodynamics and mechanical engineering." Are race cars designed to be pretty for the spectators or to go around the track fast? Make your choice....
Mike, I am probably a flat-earther too. I am a generation older (at least) then you, and that is probably where it comes from. I can appreciate the aero of the raised nose and all related to it, but I just don't like the aesthetic of it. I guess it is years and years of racing development passing by. After years of wanting to see the latest and greatest, I am finding it more interesting to go back and look at the cars of my youth or prior. The Maserati 450S has a front end that is memorable, I am not sure anything coming out now will be that memorable.

That said, I hope the Pescarolo and the Dome are the top gasoline cars at LeMans this year, just from the romance/underdog aspect then anything else.
Old 27 May 2012, 04:43 (Ref:3079727)   #923
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Dear flat-eather, when I hear stuff like that all I hear is, "I wish they'd get away from the science of aerodynamics and mechanical engineering." Are race cars designed to be pretty for the spectators or to go around the track fast? Make your choice...

Now, *****ing about regulated aesthetics, now that's allowed. Especially when the solutions are concluded by group-think and as little science and engineering as the ACO will allow.
Not wrong , "I wish they'd get away from the science of aerodynamics and mechanical engineering." Im not saying that at all . I just dont like the F1 style nose on sportscars . Im expressing my preferance , or is that not ok ?

Next we will have someone saying they would like the dreaded vertical fin to stay , cuz it looks nice !!! .....

Aerodynamics is part of my everyday job too .
Old 27 May 2012, 06:56 (Ref:3079741)   #924
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree that the aesthetics of the cars is really important - to us - and as far as I'm concerned, I want to watch the best -looking cars I can. The fact that designers aren't going to set out with the priority of making them look pretty for me is understandable...... Doesn't mean I have to like it though and frankly, the high noses are far from pretty.
Old 27 May 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3079747)   #925
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/26/w...%28Autoblog%29

*cough* *cough*