Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Jun 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3085583)   #1201
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/c...lo-03-amr-one/ has a good comparison of the Pescarolo 03 and the Aston Martin AMR-One.
Mike wrote a short analysis on http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmay12.html using the pictures that Sam Collins toke.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3086094)   #1202
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Antonio Pannullo keeps on producing nice drawings on http://lemansprototypes.over-blog.it/

The inner tunnel of the Pescarolo 03's front fender:

A comparison of the inner ducts of the Pescarolo 03 and the Aston Martin AMR-One:

The solution on the Pescarolo is greatly simplified.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3087224)   #1203
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
http://endurance-info.com/version2/n...ARnewsID=11238 has an interview with Nicolas Perrin, the designer of the Pescarolo 03.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 23:40 (Ref:3087231)   #1204
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the complex inner air ducts had to be one of the aces in the hole of the amr-one, seems that pescarolo didn't think like this...
Old 8 Jun 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3087244)   #1205
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
the complex inner air ducts had to be one of the aces in the hole of the amr-one, seems that pescarolo didn't think like this...
If by, "aces in the hole," you mean unnecessarily complex and exceedingly inefficient, you're right!
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3087414)   #1206
alexkiller8
Veteran

ace in the hole according to some declaration of them...
Old 9 Jun 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3087940)   #1207
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ace in the big honking hole according to some declaration of them...
Maybe its the lack of adequate sleep that made me do this...
Old 9 Jun 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3087951)   #1208
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
ace in the hole according to some declaration of them...

Some declaration of who?
Old 13 Jun 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3090470)   #1209
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
So , are ye still happy to see this abysmal effort from the 03 , and think it deserves a place in the worlds biggest race , at the loss of a 997 IMSA pro car ?

I think not .
Old 13 Jun 2012, 23:43 (Ref:3090473)   #1210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Henri deserves a place for sure, but with this car......, well, it certainly does seem to bear a curse. Even the AMR racing models of this car were selling for peanuts in the Village....
Old 13 Jun 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3090478)   #1211
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
So , are ye still happy to see this abysmal effort from the 03 , and think it deserves a place in the worlds biggest race , at the loss of a 997 IMSA pro car ?

I think not .
What, another Porsche? I know the IMSA team would be competitive in their class but there's plenty of 997s out in the field already and GTE-Pro is competitive enough to make it exciting.

Hopefully Henri and the team can iron out some of the problems with the 03 and make it run quicker. It's good for them to have two (albeit different) cars on the grid.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 00:31 (Ref:3090484)   #1212
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no sponsors on the fin of the dome!
Old 14 Jun 2012, 05:57 (Ref:3090523)   #1213
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Jean-Christophe Boullion transformed the Pescarolo 03 into this:

That is exactly the reason why Rebellion got rid of him
Old 14 Jun 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3090541)   #1214
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Whats after happening to him then , he used to be a brilliant driver ?
Old 14 Jun 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3090559)   #1215
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
He's been throwing cars off the road at Le Mans for several years now. I'm surprised Henri took him from Rebellion.....
Old 14 Jun 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3090564)   #1216
alexkiller8
Veteran

maybe because wasn't so expensive to pay as driver? btw will be able the 03 to run tonight?
Old 14 Jun 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3090661)   #1217
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
What, another Porsche.
A Porsche will beat it on number of laps alone , mark my words .

I just want to see a car that works (just happens there is a very quick pro car thats not in and its a 997) and can bring a fight to the race . So far this is exactly what I expected from the 03 , which I said weeks ago , and was reprimanded for saying so .

Others said that they wanted it to be in the race ..... I say it should be there if it deserves to be there .

Question : from what we have seen , does this car deserve to be there over a proven quick car of any class ?

I hope they get it fixed , I really do cuz I have tremendous regard for Henri ..... but it aint lookin good .

Sadly , certainly on the cards for first retirement .
Old 14 Jun 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3090679)   #1218
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I still want to see it in the race - period. Over another Porker? Yes, without a shred of a doubt.......
Old 14 Jun 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3090757)   #1219
The Badger
Veteran

And what happens if it doesnt even take the start ?

We are having a real go at it today mate ,
Old 14 Jun 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3090830)   #1220
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
And what happens if it doesnt even take the start ?

We are having a real go at it today mate ,
farewell pescarolo for a while. Simple.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3090886)   #1221
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Pescarolo has issued a statement that the car has been rebuilt and it will take part in the 7 PM qualifying session today.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3091149)   #1222
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Pescarolo has issued a statement that the car has been rebuilt and it will take part in the 7 PM qualifying session today.
From the points I was watching the P03 was lapping perfectly consistently this evening and didn't look scary in the way I've seen some cars look downright unpleasant.

I see no reason why it can't run perfectly respectably at the weekend, and having it here over another Porsche? Absolutely yes.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3091177)   #1223
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
From the points I was watching the P03 was lapping perfectly consistently this evening and didn't look scary in the way I've seen some cars look downright unpleasant.

I see no reason why it can't run perfectly respectably at the weekend, and having it here over another Porsche? Absolutely yes.
I agree, it's certainly a worthy addition and beats the pants off another droning Porsche GT. Plus it's right in the heels of the much further developed Oak LMP1, this in its first outing period, not to mention its first running at Le Mans.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 01:34 (Ref:3091198)   #1224
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
btw. how's #17 Dome after the crash that caused red flag?
Old 15 Jun 2012, 03:11 (Ref:3091224)   #1225
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
btw. how's #17 Dome after the crash that caused red flag?
It looked like the crash only sheared off the front bodywork, no damage to the suspension or front wheels (at least as far as we can see). They'll probably have the car ready tomorrow or at least by race day. Definitely going to make the race though