Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Jun 2016, 04:01 (Ref:3654057)   #2326
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rule say this the rules say that! The aco proved this weekend that rules apply to some and not others.

What's the point anyways when the ACO will force majeure what ever they feel like.

I really liked frietas when the wec started and as the years went by,but this Le Mans week has been the worst for regulations and in race officiating,left real bad taste lingering almost Imsa status.whats next no penalties unless caught on the broadcast feed!?
Old 21 Jun 2016, 04:07 (Ref:3654058)   #2327
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also at first I was annoyed by the wec app commentary,so I muted it for RLM on the tune in app.but later on I was having trouble syncing them and just felt weird with no engine sounds from the cameras.so I sucked it up and delt with the wec app goofs.and Im Glad I did after watching the last minutes with RLM commentary.the wec app was way better,they caught the message and knew what was happening right away.hindy was just going off in his rambles and I guess they didn't hear the no power Message and didn't realize the toyota was slowing until about a minute later and not knowing what was going on until the YOTA stopped.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 05:39 (Ref:3654068)   #2328
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
You know I've been losin' my passion...no....lost... And that's sad. I'm glad I saw the real thing....
I found myself in the same situation after Sebring last year. It just wasn't fun any more.

I took the summer off and did a cross-country charity bike ride.

By the Roar and the Rolex this year, I managed to forget all the political BS and just watch cool-looking loud fast cars lapping at high speeds. it wasn't as good as it used to be---once the romance dies, it never comes all the way back, I fear---but some of the fundamentals that drew me to racing as a child were still there.

The cars weren't as cool (by a huge margin) but at least they were okay, and fast, and loud, and I could watch different cars take different lines, watch the gap between cars and anticipate when one would pass another, or just listen to the different engine notes as they lapped in the dark (well, near dark.)

I was surprised when I pulled up for the Rolex and felt that old excitement when I heard the engines howling as I approached the track. I was glad, too.

I am taking this summer off too, now. After Le Mans .... P1 was an actual endurance race with all the drama I could handle. The rest pretty much put me off of racing again.

I will try to make PLM again .... it is usually a good race, a pretty track, and by then hopefully I will have forgotten that racing is now scripted like a reality TV show.

Hopefully by October I will have flushed all that crap out of my system and be able to enjoy fast cars again.

(Actually, if I can pull it off, I am going to try to get to the 12-hour historic races at Sebring in September, if those are still on. That should be good. Warbirds and real race cars. http://www.hsrtickets.com/17-classic...ring-historics)
Old 21 Jun 2016, 05:43 (Ref:3654069)   #2329
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
LMP2
Every year we preview it to be the most fiercest dogfights, but every year it also tends to go bit less excitingly than we might have predicted?
I was disappointed with LMP2. I haven't watched the whole race yet, but LMP2 became quite static early in the race. So many cars dropped back too early and then there were too many completely hopeless teams just trundling around.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 07:10 (Ref:3654087)   #2330
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shall I reopen FAS33's thread for you all?

Posted using a XT-43-H
Old 21 Jun 2016, 13:32 (Ref:3654156)   #2331
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
I was disappointed with LMP2. I haven't watched the whole race yet, but LMP2 became quite static early in the race. So many cars dropped back too early and then there were too many completely hopeless teams just trundling around.
Yeah well, that's pro-am for you...

As usual, I think it was bit more interesting if you had CLEAR favorites in the class and continued to follow their progress throughout.

Was actually kinda fascinating to see the MSR climbing up the order slowly. Without the idiotic ACO-engine-penalty they probably could have been within grasp of the winning Oreca, even with Pew screwing it up few times.

Manor probably could have given good fight had the machine not failed, I mean they were almost dominating at the start. Well at least their crash at the end was one of the more spectacular of the weekend.

In the coming years, with everybody running solely Orecas and Onroaks with perhaps Dallara/Riley or two in the mix, it's gonna be a whole lot more boring visually too And audio-visually, with the Zytek...
Old 21 Jun 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3654162)   #2332
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Also at first I was annoyed by the wec app commentary,so I muted it for RLM on the tune in app.but later on I was having trouble syncing them and just felt weird with no engine sounds from the cameras.so I sucked it up and delt with the wec app goofs.and Im Glad I did after watching the last minutes with RLM commentary.the wec app was way better,they caught the message and knew what was happening right away.hindy was just going off in his rambles and I guess they didn't hear the no power Message and didn't realize the toyota was slowing until about a minute later and not knowing what was going on until the YOTA stopped.
Meanwhile, in the opening minutes, the WEC comm team completely missed the 67 Ford going to the garage - despite being on the main visual feed. RLM picked that up immediately.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 16:24 (Ref:3654227)   #2333
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2016/2...al=Statistiken

Old 21 Jun 2016, 17:21 (Ref:3654246)   #2334
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeah well, that's pro-am for you...
I have to admit P2 is at its best in shorter races. It seems to be great in ELMS but fails to deliver close, hard racing over longer distances.

But ... in FIA P2 is a pro-Am class, designed to be cheap for amateurs ... sot of like PC in IMSA. Can't expect too much from either class over a long race.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3654259)   #2335
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still take "boring" LMP2 over performance balanced lucky-dog top class of IMSA.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 21:30 (Ref:3654308)   #2336
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
(1) I was surprised when I pulled up for the Rolex and felt that old excitement when I heard the engines howling as I approached the track. I was glad, too.

(2) (Actually, if I can pull it off, I am going to try to get to the 12-hour historic races at Sebring in September, if those are still on. That should be good. Warbirds and real race cars. http://www.hsrtickets.com/17-classic...ring-historics)
Always a pleasure, sir (aside from the "Maalox" incident initially, way back when )

(1) 'Last race I've been to was Sebring last time it was ALMS. Rolex that same year.
I did get to the Sebring Winter Test this year to get my fill of the "feel" of racing and enjoyed it, but won't plunk down a cent to watch "manufactured" close racing.
'Said it before and here again, I'd be more (hah!) satisfied if they were just IROC type cars built to be equal (even NASCAR doesn't hide what they're doing, I credit them for that) and at least knowing that's the way it is.

(2)Going to try and make Sebring in September also. Maybe we can get together. I will post more likely on the ClubArnage boards. Maybe a Private Message or post here...

jimclark
Old 22 Jun 2016, 04:13 (Ref:3654349)   #2337
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Meanwhile, in the opening minutes, the WEC comm team completely missed the 67 Ford going to the garage - despite being on the main visual feed. RLM picked that up immediately.

Lol yea they did,I figured out what was up by listening to the mechanics talking from the onboard feed.what was also annoying many times through out the race was when they would ask the pit reporter what's going on at audi and no response,or heres Louise reporting from audi only for here to say no im down at alpine for an interview,happened also the entire time the #1 was in the garage.important drama going on but pit reporter decides to interview unimportant gt-am driver or who ever.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3654379)   #2338
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
The race in LMP2 was more intense and exciting than in some categories 20 or 30 years ago.
I don't want a FCY every half an hour, it's an endurance race. The gaps between cars increase hour after hour, they can't help it.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3654415)   #2339
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Really nice gesture from Porsche to go round to the Toyota garage and commiserate them, but I'm not surprised, especially as Webber is a gentleman. Of course it is gutting for Toyota to get all that way and not even get classified, but then most rules are there for a reason. Same with Risi DQ. Still I agree it's strange Audi get on the podium despite being 11 laps down.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3654448)   #2340
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Really nice gesture from Porsche to go round to the Toyota garage and commiserate them, but I'm not surprised, especially as Webber is a gentleman. Of course it is gutting for Toyota to get all that way and not even get classified, but then most rules are there for a reason. Same with Risi DQ. Still I agree it's strange Audi get on the podium despite being 11 laps down.
i thought no action was taken against the risi ferrari and result stood
Old 22 Jun 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3654457)   #2341
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The race in LMP2 was more intense and exciting than in some categories 20 or 30 years ago.
I don't want a FCY every half an hour, it's an endurance race. The gaps between cars increase hour after hour, they can't help it.
Indeed.

If one wants fake 0,1 second gaps between every car, there's always Daytona 24.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 15:06 (Ref:3654466)   #2342
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i thought no action was taken against the risi ferrari and result stood
Risi got a time penalty after the race but it didn't affect the position they finished in (second), just like the w(h)in(n)ing Ford.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 18:17 (Ref:3654502)   #2343
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Same with Risi DQ. Still I agree it's strange Audi get on the podium despite being 11 laps down.
DQ? What DQ? There was never a DQ mentioned that I recall. Penalty, yes.
From article by Sportscar365, shortly after the race...

"Both the 24 Hours of Le Mans GTE-Pro race-winning No. 68 Ford GT and the second-in-class No. 82 Risi Competizione Ferrari 458 Italia GTE have been penalized post-race, following a series of stewards decisions issued Sunday evening.

The Dirk Mueller, Joey Hand and Sebastien Bourdais-driven entry has been given a 50-second post-race penalty due to speeding in a Slow Zone, following a protest lodged by Risi Competizione.

Additionally, the Ford was found to have had faulty wheel speed sensors, with a further 20-second penalty added.

With the original margin-of-victory being 1:00.200, the penalties would have given the Risi Ferrari the class victory, but the Houston-based team was also hit with a post-race time penalty of its own.

The Stewards upheld its ruling to force Risi to repair its car’s broken leader lights, following a protest lodged by Ford Chip Ganassi Racing in the final hour of the race.

The team has been given a 20-second post-race penalty and 5,000 Euro fine as a result of not adhering to the black-and-orange flag.

A Risi team representative told Sportscar365 they will not appeal the ruling.

The post-race penalties do not change the final race positions, with the No. 68 Ford still claiming the class win, ahead of the No. 82 Ferrari and No. 69 Ford third in class."

edit: Sorry Coach, you beat me to it. 'Hadn't gotten to this page yet. When I read the "DQ" I went digging for the news and posted my reply.

jimclark
Old 22 Jun 2016, 18:30 (Ref:3654504)   #2344
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Indeed.

If one wants fake 0,1 second gaps between every car, there's always Daytona 24.

(or better yet, NASCAR Cup races...)

jimclark
Old 22 Jun 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3654510)   #2345
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Risi got a time penalty after the race but it didn't affect the position they finished in (second), just like the w(h)in(n)ing Ford.
Both Risi and 3rd placed Ford got a penalty so they both moved back..
Old 22 Jun 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3654523)   #2346
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Both Risi and 3rd placed Ford got a penalty so they both moved back..
Oh! Where'd they get moved back to?

I didn't find anything beyond what i posted. Link, please. Or private message me with same. Thanks.

edit: 'Still find no change everywhere I go...you sure???

editII: Including the WEC site itself... http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res..._Hour%2024.PDF

Last edited by jimclark; 22 Jun 2016 at 20:22.

jimclark
Old 22 Jun 2016, 20:34 (Ref:3654531)   #2347
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Oh! Where'd they get moved back to?

I didn't find anything beyond what i posted. Link, please. Or private message me with same. Thanks.

edit: 'Still find no change everywhere I go...you sure???

editII: Including the WEC site itself... http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res..._Hour%2024.PDF
Hi, I read it here : http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...-gte-spat.html

ETA : Risi moved back and the Ford in 3rd moved back, but basically I think this maintained the status quo as the Ford in P4 was way too far back to benefit.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3654534)   #2348
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Penalties just tightened the gaps in GTE-Pro, no positional changes.

Yet.

There's still the 7% class gap protest hanging over the Fords though.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 20:48 (Ref:3654536)   #2349
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Hi, I read it here : http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...-gte-spat.html

ETA : Risi moved back and the Ford in 3rd moved back, but basically I think this maintained the status quo as the Ford in P4 was way too far back to benefit.

They weren't moved anywhere. They were pnalised as I quoted in post 2343 above.

And it was the lead Ford not the third place Ford.

Victor...'Understood about other protests still hangin'...

jimclark
Old 23 Jun 2016, 11:41 (Ref:3654635)   #2350
LordDigital
Rookie

LordDigital should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Official Statement by TMG released 2 hours ago:

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing can provide the following information regarding the technical issue which affected the #5 car at the end of the Le Mans 24 Hours:

Car #5 suffered a technical defect on a connector on the air line between the turbo charger and the intercooler, causing a loss of turbo charger control.

The team attempted to modify the control settings to restore power and this was eventually achieved, allowing the car to complete the final lap.However, it was achieved too late to complete that lap within the required six minutes.

Currently it is not clear exactly why this failure occurred as we have verified the process used to produce the part here in Cologne. Further analysis is required to determine the root cause.

It is clear that the issue has no link whatsoever to the engine issues experienced at Spa earlier this season.

Comprehensive investigations are underway at TMG to determine the precise reason for this issue with the aim of establishing countermeasures to avoid any repeat in the future.

Source: http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/le...race-update-2/