Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 30 Dec 2002, 14:01 (Ref:460114)   #1
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3: Give F3 its own Forum please!!!

Hi, if there's a webmaster listening, any chance you could give F3 it's own forum instead of us having to search though all this other (often interesting, I have to admit) stuff?

If not, can I encourage everybody to start their "subjects" with the formula they're talking about...?

Hope you all have a trulli hakkinewyear

Ta
Old 30 Dec 2002, 15:02 (Ref:460146)   #2
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey Mathias, thanks for the plug on your site, www.british-f3.com is back on it's feet, after some illness, the debautchery of Xmas and a dodgy monitor and news is now filtering in.

The idea of having a separate F3 forum has been discussed here before - express your feelings in the straw poll at the top of this forum, which is why Craig Antill (the owner of this site) posted the thread.

I agree that it would make things clearer if everyone put FFord or F3 or FRenault etc in front of the title of each post if it's possible.

Last edited by Francesca; 30 Dec 2002 at 15:03.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 15:41 (Ref:460184)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think that F3, Formula Renault and Formula Ford etc should have their own forum. And this forum should be for International F3000, Euro F3000, F Nippon, TWS and the Formula Renault v6 series.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 15:46 (Ref:460192)   #4
Mathias
Veteran

England
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saleen,

Ye-e-e-e-sssss. Sorta. But where is the line drawn, hmmm?

F3000 and F3 (in all their various guises) have a clear and distinct image sort of thing. But (and I mean no disrespect to all these folks) FRenault, FFord, FPalmer-Audi, FFredBloggs etc, sort of are much more er... shall I just get a spade and dig myself a big hole...?

So a F3000 forum and a F3 forum separate from all the others? Maybe. Er.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 15:50 (Ref:460197)   #5
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would be a really good idea, the only problem is that many topics get "off-topic" after a time, and the discussion about f3 goes to "what´s better f3 or f3000", right saleen (no offense meant)

but in general i really like the idea
Old 30 Dec 2002, 15:53 (Ref:460202)   #6
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it as it it now, I dont really see problems in this tipe of fourm
Old 30 Dec 2002, 16:53 (Ref:460249)   #7
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it educational, I don't follow some of the series that get covered in here, so it's nice to dip in and out of threads and learn a little.
I'd also find it hard to have time to check too many different forums.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 17:07 (Ref:460267)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I have considered this at length in the past and I came to the conclusion that a split might just be the best way to go about acomplishing my aims for this area of the site. It is a tactic that I have employed in the past when I split the Touring Car forum into Aussie and European sections and again when I split the Indy Racing forums. In those instances it worked very well and both flourished having been 'set free'

The thing that concerns many of the staff, in the case of the Single Seater forum, is that the previous two examples were sufficiently exclusive - ie not much crossover between the two subjects - whereas here drivers and team progress from FFord/FRenault, to F3 to F3000, etc. Can we really divide this forum without detracting from what we have already?

The other problem is who would moderate each particular forum? At this time this forum presents probably more challenges to the staff than any other! However we are reasonably safe in the knowledge that either Dan or Bella will be along and they cover things pretty well between them. However if there were to be three or four different forums would they visit each and every one of them? I doubt it. And that means we have to seek additional moderators to cover the additional forums.

In summary I am all in favour of giving this a six month trial to see how it works out. Providing adequate moderator cover can be arranged and providing it is something that the majority here feel would benefit the forum. So post your views here folks! If you are interested in putting your name forward as a potential moderator then please drop me a line on the PM system and I will seek the views of the rest of the staff.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 17:39 (Ref:460294)   #9
Mathias
Veteran

England
Cripes! What have I begun???

I can see the appeal of being able to flit between the various formulae, so perhaps I could have just kept my big mouth shut.

Anyway, I'd be happy to keep the big umbrella topic thang if people would prefix their subjects as Francesca noted.

I'll shut up now.

Here, which is better F3 or F1?

No contest.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 17:58 (Ref:460301)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we should make it compulsary to give the series title at the beginning of the thread name .
Old 30 Dec 2002, 19:25 (Ref:460343)   #11
String
Rookie

String should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mathias, I'm with you in a way. But I really like this forum, the diverseaty (spelling???) is very interesting and entertaining, especially when the playground hair pulling starts. But again, my love for F3 runs very deep, and I'd certainly subscribe to that forum too!
Old 31 Dec 2002, 04:02 (Ref:460672)   #12
Mr Squiggle
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Mr Squiggle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula 3 is a truly international category that well deserves to be treated as a seperate forum for similar reasons to F1 having its own.

The other cateegories are really regional phenomena which can be banded togethor.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 04:04 (Ref:460673)   #13
Mr Squiggle
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Mr Squiggle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula 3 is a truly international category that well deserves to be treated as a seperate forum for similar reasons to F1 having its own. I know that I often don't bother with the Single Seater forum as you have to wade thru a lot of posts to find any F3 news.

The other cateegories are really regional phenomena which can be banded togethor.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 04:53 (Ref:460688)   #14
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FRenault's fairly international in the way that F3 is...Not as many of 'em, but just saying. So's Formula Ford to an extent.

For the most part I really like this format, as it allows one to learn about a lot of the different formulae from around the world. Also, many of the drivers and team personnel bounce around between these formulae, so it's quite helpful having them all in one place.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 31 Dec 2002, 08:01 (Ref:460742)   #15
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please don't change the forums - it will just mean everything is split up and people will post more and more duplicate and overlap threads...
Old 4 Jan 2003, 13:35 (Ref:463519)   #16
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
I think we should make it compulsary to give the series title at the beginning of the thread name.
On one area of another, non ten-tenths forum, you used to have to select the series that your thread was about from a drop-down menu when you started a new topic. This then appeared in small writing below the title of the thread. This meant that anyone could scan through both the titles of the threads and the championships they covered, to see what they wanted to read. I think this was quite a good idea, and would be better than splitting up the forum if possible.

If the forum has to be split up, then I think it should be into National Single Seater Racing (everything up to and including F3) and International Single Seater Racing (everything above F3, including the European Renault V6s).

Last edited by Paul Rayner; 4 Jan 2003 at 13:40.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 13:44 (Ref:463523)   #17
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be with Paul on that one. I'm interested in the National Racing stuff but anything above that bores me a little to be honest. Presumably there would have to be a 'General' option as well for subjects that crossed boundaries.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 09:07 (Ref:465117)   #18
Mathias
Veteran

England
Ah..., but, it's a bit of an artificial distinction, isn't it - the national / international thang, and rather insular and, er, British of you guys.

Y'see, F3 in Europe isn't exactly national - it *is* international, and, er, "British" F3 is having a race in Belgium this year, so, er, hmmm?

Let's just stick with naming our threads clearly!!!

Ciao
Old 6 Jan 2003, 18:16 (Ref:465539)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, I agree. It's just that sometimes a thread starts with one subject and then veers into something different that would interest a different set of people. I tend not to read anything that's clearly on F3000, say, but I might be missing something interesting. So either I need to read every thread, the thread names need to change, or there needs to be some simple search facility for threads containing a particular word that have been posted since your last visit. Or something.
Old 7 Jan 2003, 17:23 (Ref:466466)   #20
GM Man
Racer

GM Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hehe..oh my...

Agree with naming threads!
Old 9 Jan 2003, 12:40 (Ref:468379)   #21
Mathias
Veteran

England
Ian's got a point, but here's a thought: why don't we all make sure we don't get off-topic in each thread?

Now, what does everyone reckon about that Jacques Villeneuve ever getting a Ferrarsi drive, then?