Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2598433)   #26
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Leighton Irwin;2598340]Rumour on another forum (note rumour) is that their tub mold has had to be scrapped. No reason given.

I was worried Jimmy Spencer might crack the tub at his seat fitting, and have to be cut out by the local fire rescue team with the jaws of life
Old 12 Dec 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2598477)   #27
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin View Post
Rumour on another forum (note rumour) is that their tub mold has had to be scrapped.
This could be why.

http://www.carenvy.ca/2009/03/usf1-c...-3-the-design/

Possibly a tad too adventurous.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 06:03 (Ref:2598789)   #28
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
This could be why.

http://www.carenvy.ca/2009/03/usf1-c...-3-the-design/

Possibly a tad too adventurous.

How far down the road would they have gone with those designs Marbot before someone tapped them on the shoulder and ushered them aside ?
Old 13 Dec 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2598986)   #29
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
López collecting local Touring Car titles on his way to USF1

José MarÃ*a López has just clinched his second Touring Car title this year. He awarded the 2009 championship of Top Race V6, a silhouette-spec series with Berta Jaguar-derived engines with car tops and backs moulded after some European Segment C cars. In López's case, it was a Mondeo-moulded car.
He's already the TC2000 champion, and has another chance to fight for the title next weekend, at the coronation race of Turismo Carretera at Buenos Aires.
BTW, there are good news for López, because TRV6 chairman Alejandro Urtubey promised sponsoring support for his F1 venture with USF1 next year (it means it would be Top Race decals on the USF1 car if the deal is done).

Last edited by Mekola; 13 Dec 2009 at 17:32.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2599165)   #30
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
car tops and backs moulded after some European Segment C cars
Actually, except the new Vectra (European Astra C), the rest are all D-segment cars: Mondeo, Vectra B, C-Class, Passat, 166.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 02:56 (Ref:2599204)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i just hope they can make us proud to be Americans

....and not an embarrassment like the last 8 years and 3 months.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2599271)   #32
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Don't hold your breath!
Old 14 Dec 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2599328)   #33
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Could be worse.... George Duyba Bush could be involved in the project!
Old 15 Dec 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2599818)   #34
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe if they fail miserably they can get obama bail-out money
Old 15 Dec 2009, 03:52 (Ref:2599898)   #35
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
maybe if they fail miserably they can get obama bail-out money
Not a bad idea, USF1 is more likely to survive than GM afterall.
Old 16 Dec 2009, 03:46 (Ref:2600534)   #36
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I was actually just thinking this to myself the other day, Campos are in the media saying they're still considering de la Rosa, Virgin have had their team launch, Lotus have announced their drivers and unveiled their logo... but from USF1... nothing.

It really is like they don't exist :|
Old 16 Dec 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2600653)   #37
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They really have been rather quiet. One would have thought that getting your name banded about the media would be a good way to drum up interest from potential sponsors. But I'm not in marketing, so what do I know?
Old 17 Dec 2009, 06:19 (Ref:2601146)   #38
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
No point of hiring drivers if there isn't a car to do a seat fitting. Anderson was bragging they would have a rolling chassis by end of November well it's almost Christmas and not a picture or an article or a website. This from a team that said it would be public friendly. Maybe just maybe Bernie was right "USF1 looks doubtful."
Old 17 Dec 2009, 11:26 (Ref:2601248)   #39
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
No point of hiring drivers if there isn't a car to do a seat fitting. Anderson was bragging they would have a rolling chassis by end of November well it's almost Christmas and not a picture or an article or a website. This from a team that said it would be public friendly. Maybe just maybe Bernie was right "USF1 looks doubtful."
Maybe he does have a rolling chassis - its in the Toyota facility in Cologne.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2601269)   #40
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Shaddix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
true, if they can't get their own, they should buy the Toyota
it would make them instantly the best new team if they could manage it decently
also Lola was selling their chassis
if they couldn't get their car ready, getting a partnership with Lola would solve a lot of problems, just like Campos works with Dallara
Old 17 Dec 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2601434)   #41
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bit difficult to buy a chassis that has already been sold. Stefan have already bought the TTFN110 going by his comments in Autosport this week

And on the Lola, why? Might as well use your own chassis because there's no guarantee a new constructor is going to build a better car than another new constructor
Old 17 Dec 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2601511)   #42
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
ha ha, you almost got my christmas card idea.....almost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I can't hardly wait to see what will be...

here you go...

http://www.andyblackmoredesign.com/christmas_card.htm

I'll have to save out a Ten-Tenths branded version and send it over to Grant.

+ I'm hearing some more encouraging news from Charlotte this week.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2601550)   #43
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ha! Very good

And good to hear about the positive news. As funny as it is to mock them, I still hope they'll make it. Is the Christmas card livery a hint towards the one we'll see in January/February?
Old 17 Dec 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2601556)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post

+ I'm hearing some more encouraging news from Charlotte this week.
How's she doing?

Hopefully you're going to be telling us that Ken has finally decided on which of his 3,765,453 drawings he's going to go with.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2601584)   #45
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Number 1, of course... Think women, and shoe shopping!
Old 17 Dec 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2601658)   #46
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Ha! Very good

And good to hear about the positive news. As funny as it is to mock them, I still hope they'll make it. Is the Christmas card livery a hint towards the one we'll see in January/February?
same here, it would be great if they can make it on the grid and perform respectfully, fingers crossed.

Christmas Card livery was just something to put on the car. I believe Peter has previously said it wont have the stars and stripes a la A1GP, and it wouldnt make sense anyway with no US drivers,,,,but I had to put something.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 00:48 (Ref:2601679)   #47
Juarez Jed
Veteran

I believe Peter has previously said it wont have the stars and stripes a la A1GP, and it wouldnt make sense anyway with no US drivers,,,,but I had to put something.[/QUOTE]

USF1 makes no sense without at least 1 US driver........they need a reason for the American public to get behind them. I want fieldodreams to have someone to support and feel proud of !!
Old 18 Dec 2009, 01:36 (Ref:2601694)   #48
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Rumour has it that Stefan GP are about to announce something really big! No link or anything yet, just a rumour.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 06:12 (Ref:2601738)   #49
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Rumour has it that Stefan GP are about to announce something really big! No link or anything yet, just a rumour.

and that is that it will replace USF1 for 2010
Old 18 Dec 2009, 11:08 (Ref:2601834)   #50
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
and that is that it will replace USF1 for 2010
Or that they've made a load of money by buying the 2010 Toyota at a knock down price and selling it to USF1 at a high price?
Closed Thread