Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2772031)   #1
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tactics for tonight.

So...what is everyone planning to do (well, those of you who are in Europe anyway) tonight for quali and the race? Can't decide whether to go to bed early and get up at 2 and stay up or go to bed later and nap between. What do people think will be the best way to avoid sleeping through either quali or the race?
Old 9 Oct 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2772033)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ESPRESSO!!!!!!!!!
Old 9 Oct 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2772034)   #3
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going out tonight, but I'm leaving that early and heading into another buddies house for about 1000, I'll stay at hers for a few hours and then head back to the flat, do some CCNA Revision and watch Quali.

The Alarm shall be set for the Race, and it'll all be good. I've slept through my FP1 and Quali alarms so far this weekend though, its quite a worry...I may stock up on Red Bull or something similar if I fancy staying up the whole time...
Old 9 Oct 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2772043)   #4
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Working overtime 6:30 until an anticipated 1am. Set the pc to record it just incase I fall asleep
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2772063)   #5
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tape qual, up at 5, watch qual, then the race live

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2772065)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Goota say that Lee McKenzie did a sterling job in very difficult circs. She deserves a pay rise.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2772067)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just been debating this with my mate.....I reckon the plan is stay up to watch quali - I tend to be up late anyway.....then go to bed and either tape the race or ignore all radio and TV until the replay at 1400......
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2772071)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Goota say that Lee McKenzie did a sterling job in very difficult circs. She deserves a pay rise.
Hear, hear. Talk about being thrown in the deep end...
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2772073)   #9
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The hard-core fans have no choices.... Bathurst from 10PM-6-7AM followed by F1 followed by BTCC finale all day tomorrow!
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2772075)   #10
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because I'm too busy with my study, I can't afford myself to watch both qualifying and race. Sadly.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2772076)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Where can we see Bathurst?
Old 9 Oct 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2772089)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I want to watch everything live, i.e. qualifying and the race. There has to be some sleep and I think it will have to be beforehand because there isn't really enough time time in-between.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2772097)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Lots of motorsport on over in that part of the world it seems. Bathurst, MotoGP at Sepang.....
Old 9 Oct 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2772099)   #14
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Where can we see Bathurst?
Every house down here,the country will be close down from lunch time for 6 hours.
F1 wont even get a look in down the bottom of the world today.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2772100)   #15
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motors TV for UK viewers at least.

I think the strategy for me will be an early night, early rise to watch recording of qually, race, then on to the BTCC live.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2772101)   #16
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Bathurst 11.30 onwards, Qualifying hour for F1 from 2-3, back to Bathurst until it finishes just before the F1 starts at seven before the MotoGP at 9 followed by watching recored 125 and Moto2 races. If Carlsberg did race weekend's......
Old 9 Oct 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2772121)   #17
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I shall be going to bed at 9pm, getting up at 2am for coffee and quali, then back to sleep, then up again at 7am. Hopefully see a few of you on here for moral support.

Edit: Actually I might just stay up and watch Bathurst. Never seen it before.

Last edited by Super Hans; 9 Oct 2010 at 19:24.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2772123)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went out last night, and finally got some decent sleep from about 4.30pm this afternoon until now. I wanted to stay asleep until 1am, then get up and stay up for qually and the race, but now I sort of feel awake, a bit tired but unable to go back to sleep (too excited maybe).

Now I don't know whether to stay up for qually and hopefully not be knackered when it's on and have a few hours' power sleep between afterwards and the race.

will be involved at some point, although I don't know if I'll initially be looking quite that active when drinking it.

There will also be some playing on Formula 1 and MotoGP games throughout the night as well as, of course, Ten-Tenths.

Why can't my body clock do what I wanted it to do? Sleep until 1 or at least 12.

Last edited by Born Racer; 9 Oct 2010 at 19:51.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2772154)   #19
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stay up and watch quali, then continue to stay up and then watch the race naturally!
Old 9 Oct 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2772171)   #20
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like we might have been stitched up in Melbourne for F1 qualifying coverage live or delayed.....

Nothing appears in the ONE guide for today (on their website)

Actual qualifying starts at 1oam Suzuka time which is Midday Melbourne time, but their guide shows coverage of bloody NASCAR Nationwide (whatever Nationwide is......) from 11.00am - 1pm, and then coverage from Delhi of the CWG's from 1.00pm - 4.00pm.

At 4.00pm ONE then go to Malaysia for the 125cc MotoGP race before, at 4.50, 10 minutes before the Japanese GP race start they start the F1 race coverage, through to 7.00pm when they go back to Malaysia for the MotoGP Big Class.

I rang TEN / ONE in Melbourne to see if anyone at the station itself knew if they were going to be covering F1 qualifying and I was told No, that there would be no F1 until just before the race start.

Sydney guide appears to be identical to Melbourne.

Looks like I will have to try and find a live feed online.
Or hope that there is a last minute change that is not yet updated in their TV Guide.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2772176)   #21
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nationwide is to NASCAR what GP2 is to F1
Old 9 Oct 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2772189)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right, I've finished my work for the day and am reassured by the thought that no matter how tired I may get, it's F1 so it's enjoyable and any concentration on the race is enjoyable too.

Still haven't had a coffee yet, but it is time for one now, as I think I might get a few hours between qually and the start of the BBC race programme.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2772190)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
My body clock's shot to pieces anyway, but the plan is to go to bed now until qualifying, then stay up, but all this talk about Bathurst is getting me intrigued. There have certainly been some epic races there in the past. I used to buy the VHS videos.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2772193)   #24
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im going to enjoy one of the rare times I get to watch a race during the day
Old 10 Oct 2010, 01:26 (Ref:2772249)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Urgh