Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Jul 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2726702)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moto GP, Round 8 - Sachsenring

The motorbikers will go to the Sachsenring and there is a question coming up.
Rossi will need to be checked out by the doctors to see if he can race and if not that test rider is on stand-by.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2726747)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi is on a mission for sure. I hope he can race, as the series badly needs his presence. Rossi vs. Lorenzo here was one of the two best races last year. Plus, Pedrosa and Stoner have also been quick here. I'm being delusional, but perhaps a decent race is in store.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2727069)   #3
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Jorge Lorenzo may have a commanding lead at the top of the MotoGP championship but teammate Valentino Rossi will steal the headlines this weekend when the Italian makes his return to racing just six weeks after breaking his leg.

Rossi was expected to be absent until the Czech Grand Prix in August but after testing a World Superbike last week in Misano rumours started to fly that the nine times world champion was considering making a comeback. After testing at Brno on Monday it seemed all but certain that the Sachsenring would see his racing return with only this weekend’s local medical officer in a position to halt his return.

Rossi is clearly impatient to return to racing with the Italian saying, “I'm really excited that my doctors think I can ride this weekend. I will see the medical officer and then we will have the final decision. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone and being back in the paddock; I was tired of being at home!”

With Rossi’s departure to Ducati set to be officially announced in the coming weeks the question that Lorenzo and Yamaha must be asking themselves has to be, will Rossi be willing to assist his teammate to win the title?

Lorenzo has been imperious this season with five wins from seven races and is riding a wave of confidence after winning the last three races. The Spaniard has been exceptional this season and has shown a maturity that was missing since moving into the MotoGP class and the confidence that he consistently showcased en route to two 250cc world titles is now on full display in the premier class. Last season he was beaten by Rossi in this race by just 0.099 seconds after a race long battle at the front of the field. Lorenzo though will start the race as favourite this year and even though he is yet to win in Germany anything less than a victory would surely disappoint the 23 year old.

Lorenzo’s compatriot Dani Pedrosa is best placed to stop the championship leaders run of form. Pedrosa, riding for Honda, has an enviable record in Germany having won three times in the past and has always been impressive on the contrasting slow and high speed sections that make up this track and the triple world champion will know that if he is to challenge for a first premier class title he needs to start clawing back to Lorenzo.

2007 world champion Casey Stoner had his first ever rostrum in the 2003 German 125cc Grand Prix and the former world champion is a former pole sitter and race winner in the MotoGP class. His form is improving once more after a trying start to the year that included crashes in Qatar and France and the Australian comes to the Sachsenring on the back of podiums at Assen and Barcelona. Another podium is probably the best that Stoner can expect this weekend.

Frenchman Randy de Puniet has been the surprise package of the season thus far with impressive pace in qualifying, including front row starts for the last three races. This weekend sees his satellite LCR Honda fitted with factory parts as he tries to translate his undoubted speed into a first podium of the season.

This weekend is sure to see sparks flying on track and the return of Rossi is sure to galvanise the paddock but once more the onus will be on Stoner and Pedrosa to stop Lorenzo’s dominance.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2727638)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting to see Lorenzo starting on the back foot a bit while Pedrosa has had a quick start to the weekend. Not a bad showing by Rossi. I'd say he'll be there or there abouts by Sunday. Sounds like rain is possible for tomorrow.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2727986)   #5
skells22
Veteran

well, Lorenzo is on pole and this is a issue for me, want is Euro sport going to do as during this season a red flag came out for oil at turn 1.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2727989)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
So, according to Charlie Cox a Moto GP tail ender could easily win a WSB round.
That's a bit of a sweeping statement if I ever heard one !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jul 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2728003)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He is probably right though to be honest!

Rossi was smack on the pace at Misano and Brno with half a leg and one abike he has never ridden before!

I think if you put Kallio, De Angelis or Capirossi on an Aprilia they would win! Remember Simoncelli last year? He had never ridden a 4 stroke!!

GP simply is a level above, even if the races are dull as dishwater and teh bikes not as forgiving as they once were, the different between GO and WSB now is bigger than ever, the bloke doing all the winnign there rememebr is a 4 time world champion and one of the few to ever beat Rossi and Doohan without them crashing and in straigth fights.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2728221)   #8
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
So, according to Charlie Cox a Moto GP tail ender could easily win a WSB round.
That's a bit of a sweeping statement if I ever heard one !!
He's probably right to a certain extent. Even Ben Spies when asked whether he was going to stay in WSBK and defend his title, basically said that if you really want to test yourself against the best in the world you have to be in MotoGP. And has been quoted since coming to MotoGP that the step up was much bigger than he thought.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2728231)   #9
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi tests new gyroscopic camera

The camera stays upright as the bike leans. Hold onto your lunch folks!
Old 18 Jul 2010, 00:40 (Ref:2728309)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Pretty close qualy with 1.7 seconds covering all 17 bikes. Probably the nature of the circuit, but cool to see anyways. Hope for a good dice betweenthe four aliens.

Runaway poles in Moto 2 and 125!
Old 18 Jul 2010, 10:18 (Ref:2728392)   #11
skells22
Veteran

for the 2nd time in two races turn 1 claim a few bikes in moto2.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2728402)   #12
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Robbie Rolfo & Fonsi Nieto battling for the podium. back to the hay days of 250s.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2728427)   #13
skells22
Veteran

just been told that the German MotoGP race was red flagged for a 3 bike crash and that might make the soaps fans cross
Old 18 Jul 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2728436)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha, what are soaps exactly?

Great rides from Rossi and Stoner, I am betting they both really enjoyed that!

Am glad Dani won, he looks so much more comfortable on the bike now and uses his weight and the bikes power to his advantage! Though even now he can't pass form behind a rider, he has to be a little in front and hold his braking with another rival.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2728442)   #15
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What more can you say about Rossi. I'm sure if he hadn't had the injury he would have defended that corner a lot more, but he has to be pleased with that. Pedrosa was awesome.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2728628)   #16
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who will replace RDP for Laguna and poss Brno? And will Alex Esapagaro be fit for Sunday?
Old 18 Jul 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2728672)   #17
skells22
Veteran

He will go to Spain to make sure. and it is only a week to the next race in the USA.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2728678)   #18
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope he's fit - replacement riders are getting thin on the ground. Wonder if they would ask Canepa back as he has the weekend off? Ooh and could Tony Elias jump on Randys bike for that matter?
Old 18 Jul 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2728768)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have only just seen the race as I couldn't watch it live today. At least it had a bit more excitement at the front with Danny on a charge. Vale was amazing but got "duffed up" at the end (Stoner learnt that from him )
Always a shame to see injuries , also a pity they didn't allow the two bikes back in to the already depleted field.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Jul 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2728796)   #20
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
That was actually pretty entertaining. Hats off to Pedrosa. That was easily his best victory in the premier class. But Stoner vs. Rossi made it for me. Watching them pass and re-pass each other gives me hope that we can actually have a fight for 1st like that.

Regarding RdP's replacement, let's hope it's not as superbikeplanet are suggesting, Roger Lee Hayden.

Elias makes the most sense and Honda would be mad to not make that happen.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2729186)   #21
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Regarding RdP's replacement, let's hope it's not as superbikeplanet are suggesting, Roger Lee Hayden.
And yes it is!
Old 19 Jul 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2729288)   #22
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I found several pics of the carnage on a few different forums and thought I'd share. This was definitely what you'd call, chain of events. Look at the one pic of Randy de Puniet's leg, that aint right! (Photos courtesy of motogp.com and mcnews.com.au)
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

4.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg  

Old 19 Jul 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2729289)   #23
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Two more.
Attached Thumbnails
7.jpg   8.jpg  
Old 19 Jul 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2729310)   #24
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
If it's any consolation he did crash on his own, unfortunately being hit on the ground caused the serious injury. Compared with last year when he was always falling off, this year he has been a bit of a revelation especially in qualifying.
I wish him all the best in his recovery.
Has anybody any info on wild card riders at the next round ?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2729316)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
If it's any consolation he did crash on his own, unfortunately being hit on the ground caused the serious injury. Compared with last year when he was always falling off, this year he has been a bit of a revelation especially in qualifying.
I wish him all the best in his recovery.
Has anybody any info on wild card riders at the next round ?
No wild cards.

Roger Lee Hayden will be filling in for Randy de Puniet.

I have not heard if Aleix Espargaro is riding, or if there will be a replacement rider, or if they will scratch that entry.