Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 May 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2693845)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good man, excellent!
Old 19 May 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2693858)   #27
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gather there are 38 cars entered already... after the Spa 6 Hour this must be the best European historic endurance
Old 19 May 2010, 08:42 (Ref:2693863)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its a great meeting . . .shame they don't let a few FiA tin tops in to pack the grid (I'll keep saying it!)

I'm only not unhappy at missing it as I'll be at Brands instead
Old 19 May 2010, 08:47 (Ref:2693868)   #29
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zef, you can say it as often as you like, but it's not a tin top race; it's for GTs and sports racers, and with big grids it doesn't need saloons. I love seeing the tin tops but not in this race!
Old 19 May 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2693893)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I know . . .we need a proper 6 hour type race though, I suppose I'll just have to organise it myself, at Brands !
Old 19 May 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2693894)   #31
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Great idea; go for it!
Old 19 May 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2693964)   #32
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I know . . .we need a proper 6 hour type race though, I suppose I'll just have to organise it myself, at Brands !
Er, Snetterton 15 August 2010.
Old 19 May 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2693995)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Andy, I had thought of that too, but does it cater for Zef's car; I've become rather detached from it recently. Thought the regs and period covered by the Snet 6 hours were for a later period of cars.
Old 19 May 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2694000)   #34
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
no it doesn't!
hen I've got a spare 50k (or am feeling a bit suicidal) I'll do it . . .pre66 APp K production cars with a special medal for GP1 (std) nutters, sorry, entrants

OT I know . . . . If I can borrow JP's helicopter I could drop by between races for the 3 hour . . . .
Old 19 May 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2694054)   #35
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
no it doesn't!
When I've got a spare 50k (or am feeling a bit suicidal) I'll do it . . .pre66 APp K production cars with a special medal for GP1 (std) nutters, sorry, entrants
From the 360 MC regs:

"The 360 Motor Club 6hr Classic is open to touring and GT cars fitting into FIA Appendix K periods G, H, I and J; Specifically cars originally homologated (FIA Appendix J of the period excluding Groups 2 and A) between January 1st 1968 and December 31st 1986. The definition used herein of a touring or GT car is one that was in continuous production whereby at least 5000 identical examples of the model were produced in any 12 month period during the overall production run, and when in original specification had at least two doors and four seats.....

....There will be 5 vehicle classes:
Class A - up to 1300cc
Class B - 1301 – 1600cc
Class C - 1601 – 2500cc
Class D - 2501 – 3500cc
Class E - Invitation Class, for cars modified outside of these regulations but falling within the “spirit of the event” subject to the express consent of the 360MC Technical Committee".

From my point of view this means that cars can be modified, just not to the extent demanded by Gp 2 or Gp A regs. The reference to FIA Appx K was put in to define the periods of eligibility ie 1968-86 & does not mean that the event is only open to cars to strict Appendix K cars.
Old 19 May 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2694059)   #36
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
my cars too old!
Old 19 May 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2694100)   #37
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yeah, come on Andy, catch up! Zef's car is really old, unless JR is reading this

Now back to the Autosport 3 Hours!

Last edited by John Turner; 19 May 2010 at 22:02.
Old 19 May 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2694206)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
We're in!
Old 19 May 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2694278)   #39
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should certainly hope so Mike.
Old 19 May 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2694298)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I should certainly hope so Mike.
As an ex poultry farmer I have never counted my chickens.......
Old 20 May 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2694587)   #41
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Rees and John Hutchison will be out in the Lotus 23 again - Silverstone failure turned out to be a badly-tightened oil filter mounting thingy which sprayed oil all over the engine bay and produced some worrying smoke - but thankfully not a slick on the track nor an engine scrappage!

Very much looking forward!

Also nice to meet you Drabble with my brother's old Turner - hope you and your son enjoy the race too!
Old 20 May 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2694731)   #42
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you will be lapping your brothers old car!!! Looking forward to it and great to have met you - this little car has such a great "clubbie" history. It is an absolute delight to drive but sadly like its owner not that quick!
Old 20 May 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2694981)   #43
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
this little car has such a great "clubbie" history. It is an absolute delight to drive but sadly like its owner not that quick!
whats that got to do with driving round in circles as quick as you can
Old 21 May 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2695285)   #44
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I wish I knew the entry list for the 3 hours, especially after what we saw at Silverstone. Mr Fleming, sir, I see you are looking in. Congrats, on last weekend and are you entered? I also wonder about James and Andrew Schryver; they are always in the mix. Surely they are entered. I think this is going to be a great race.

Last edited by John Turner; 21 May 2010 at 16:14. Reason: Spelling!
Old 21 May 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2695289)   #45
simon drabble
Veteran

I think the entry list will be published soon - HSCC are letting entrants know now - I guess then they can work out which reserves can realistically be invited. And to think when they first ran it they were concerned it would not take off!!!!!
Old 21 May 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2695506)   #46
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Rees just dropped by with the Finals - bit of a dilemma as we all have to have dry-break refuelling rig or jugs now.

The Lotus 23 has Monza fuel cap - does anyone know if they can go back far enough to allow the jug nozzle in?

Sunoco are sending a jug for next week to test out - is anyone else having a dilemma!!!

Or does anyone have suggestions (and shelling out £400 for the conical filler thingy and welding in a new filler neck for ONE race meeting is a no go)
Old 21 May 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2695538)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
We made a mess refuelling the B last year but after talking about it since, our take on the Sunoco jugs (which we have) is that they can release fuel into a funnel placed into the filler- if that makes sense! Worth clarifying (wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone else getting penalty!) but that is how we are approaching it this year!

Think the main reason for jugs is that if anyone dropped one or it slipped the coupling closes- with a jerry can that would not be the case......
Old 27 May 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2699327)   #48
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
After the big build up we may have to go to CER at Monza.

It's unfortunate but that's the way things work!

Will be told tomorrow.
Old 27 May 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2699352)   #49
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
That would be a shame, John, as you and Gareth have a small piece in Autosport this week making your B8 one of the favourites!
Old 28 May 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2699758)   #50
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
As well as the usual B6/B8s and the Shipman/Hales Crossle, I see the provisonal entry list for the 3 hours includes another Crossle sports, this one a 9S for Bob Yarwood/Annie Black, a Lenham P69, a Costin Nathan GT and a Piper driven by Chris Atkinson and Frank Lyons. A Ginetta G16 is entered although so far not the Dodds car which is a shame, and neither of the Lenham Spyders. However, still a very interesting grid, and I guess there maybe some late entries. I notice that our Mr Drabble is driving both his Turners in this race, so he'll be a tired chappie at the end, unless he allows the other drivers the longest stints available under the regs. What's the plan, Simon?