3 1 1.18%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jun 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3097421)   #26
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a 9. Would have made it a ten if it wasn't for the questionable penalties.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3097423)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
The usual rubbish: ladies in bikinis in a swimming pool...
Oh wait, the bikinis were a little frustrating.

Watched the race in a beach, can't help comparing...
Old 24 Jun 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3097425)   #28
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would have been a 9 for me, but there was a safety car. So 8.

(The safety car system has been tinkered with again this year to make it even worse. Not only do we have to watch the cars trundling round while they clear up the mess, but we also have to watch the cars trundling round while the lapped cars are being given a lap that they haven't earned.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3097452)   #29
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An 8. Pretty entertaining. Plus, there were overtakes without DRS as well. The best Valencia race I have ever seen. Will I be sad to see it alternate - No! It is still a dull track. Sorry Bernie. Give us back proper tracks!
Old 24 Jun 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3097469)   #30
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Expected a borefest, instead I was interested pretty much the whole time. 8
Old 24 Jun 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3097477)   #31
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Great race - GP racing at its best - gave it a 9. Particularly enjoyed the mid race battle with Schumacher holding up the middle of the field and the passing that was going on behind him, including Alonso passing 4 cars including TGF and going on to win! Great stuff!
Feel sorry for Vettel who did everything perfectly, and a pity Hamilton and Maldanado tangled.
Great podium Alonso, Kimi and Schumacher.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3097486)   #32
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Came home from BSB meeting, expecting to Fast Forward through most of it, but Geez, what a race.

A definite 8. Vettel running away with it from the start until the Safety Car prevented it scoring higher.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3097489)   #33
craigd
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
craigd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9, though almost tempted to give it 10, not because it was the perfect race but because I was not expecting that from Valencia! So was a pleasant surprise!
Old 24 Jun 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3097508)   #34
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Oh wait, the bikinis were a little frustrating.
It's really sad that all it takes is bikinis to push a race from a hum-drum 5 to an 8 or 9 in my world but...

...I'm easily swayed in the name of sport.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 23:47 (Ref:3097518)   #35
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Very enjoyable - completely unexpected from Valencia and shows what a couple of wild cards thrown into the mix can do.

Really enjoyed Schummi & Pottsy ripping through the field near the end there.

9 from me - roll on Silverstone!
Old 25 Jun 2012, 02:46 (Ref:3097546)   #36
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

I was gutted by Hamilton's crash, which not only cost him a podium but possibly the entire championship, wherein every possible point is of enormous importance this year. That aside, it would be hard for it to have been more interesting. I normally hate Valencia but enjoyed it this time.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 03:31 (Ref:3097560)   #37
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 9 for a couple of reasons. Vettel taking off the way he did lowered my expectations for the rest of the race and made for a pretty boring first part of the race despite the mid field battles. Then a SC and all of a sudden we have retirements from front runners (so rare these days), differing strategies, a flurry of action at the near front and Alonso with an absolute genius drive to win at home from 11th in a not so great car. Was exciting and kept me interested all the way through. Schumacher on the podium after 6 years, with Kimi and Alonso no less topped it off.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3097731)   #38
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Surprisingly good - 7

Still hate the track though...
Old 25 Jun 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3097802)   #39
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
niner for me.

a good old fashion race. Alonso put himself into contention by not giving up, great pitstops, great in laps and/laps, lap after lap of no mistakes, passing when he needed to, great SC restart, and in the end found that he had done enough to take advantage of the attrition ahead of him.

but i was even enjoying it when Vettel was laying a beatdown on everyone. new tire rules and DRS blah blah blah aside it looks like someone has finally figured it all out and was dropping the competition at 1 second a lap. they didnt show much of it on TV but Vettel owned the live timing screens.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3097856)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I doubt he owns that set of driving gloves any more though..........
Old 25 Jun 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3097874)   #41
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fun, gave it a 9
Old 25 Jun 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3097900)   #42
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Very entertaining race, I gave it a 9.....

I like this track...
Old 26 Jun 2012, 07:11 (Ref:3098224)   #43
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone had told me on Sunday Morning I would give this race a 9 I would have slapped them
Old 26 Jun 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3098562)   #44
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
another good race at this rate F1 is beginning to show consistent excitement and seems unlikely to slip back into the processions of last few years
Old 26 Jun 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3098577)   #45
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
It would have been a 9 for me, but there was a safety car. So 8.

(The safety car system has been tinkered with again this year to make it even worse. Not only do we have to watch the cars trundling round while they clear up the mess, but we also have to watch the cars trundling round while the lapped cars are being given a lap that they haven't earned.
I noticed that to. It's horrible. Why have they done that?
Old 27 Jun 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3098955)   #46
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not sure why they need to let the back markers all the way round to join the rear of the queue. Why not let them get half a lap ahead then do the release? or even a quarter. Just needs to be enough so it doesn't affect the restart.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3099012)   #47
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I'm not sure why they need to let the back markers all the way round to join the rear of the queue. Why not let them get half a lap ahead then do the release? or even a quarter. Just needs to be enough so it doesn't affect the restart.
The current arrangement has the advantage that any gap they make is lost again when they come round to the back of the train so they pick up the pace but don't try to race each other until the actual restart. If you let them pass the lead lap cars and just wait 30 or 40 seconds before the actual restart they will all try to go off like scalded cats and worst case may cause an accident either whilst passing the leaders or immediately in front of the safety car.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3099359)   #48
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7/10 Best Valencia race, as many said.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3099367)   #49
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
The current arrangement has the advantage that any gap they make is lost again when they come round to the back of the train so they pick up the pace but don't try to race each other until the actual restart. If you let them pass the lead lap cars and just wait 30 or 40 seconds before the actual restart they will all try to go off like scalded cats and worst case may cause an accident either whilst passing the leaders or immediately in front of the safety car.

Scalded cats? Like HRT you mean!
Old 28 Jun 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3099377)   #50
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Scalded cats? Like HRT you mean!
Relatively speaking.

The HRT's may get slagged off for being too slow, but they're probably the hardest cars to drive that are currently on the grid. They must be really bloody scary on occasion, so all the more reason to keep them away from the other 'glued-to-the-road' F1 cars.