Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2012, 04:59 (Ref:3103135)   #26
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG View Post
Rework the cars into what? Something else so heavily imbued with crumple zones that they no longer resemble open-wheelers?

I'm surprised someone with 3k+ posts is asking this question, all the reasons for why it will never happen and why it should never happen are well understood.

Like moving back 40 odd kilometres of armco,total resurfacing of all of The Ring?
No,PLEASE dont do it.Letting F1 onto any original circuit instantly wrecks it!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3103242)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice idea but it won't happen.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3103673)   #28
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
P.S. That's not to say we shouldn't debate the question. It has produced some interesting posts and views.
That's kinda the reason why I posted the question. A friend and I were debating it a while ago and thought it would be appropriate to ask here on 10-10ths since one of the main reasons for this site is debate and to express one's views and opinions.

(Also my friend and I were discussing about hosting the Aussie GP at Mount Panorama and debating the pros and cons)
Old 8 Jul 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3103676)   #29
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
(Also my friend and I were discussing about hosting the Aussie GP at Mount Panorama and debating the pros and cons)
Can you imagine the carnage through the dipper?
Old 8 Jul 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3103755)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
It really, really, REALLY isn't appropriate for anything even close to modern F1 cars. Best to leave it for history and the GT/Touring type races it now hosts.
Think of that the tyres would last 1 lap and a half...
Old 8 Jul 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3103762)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Think of that the tyres would last 1 lap and a half...
They'd have to run a hard compound and an extra hard compound.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3103969)   #32
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
personally I miss the old Österreichring