Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is it in your opinion?
Red Bull 30 75.00%
McLaren 0 0%
Lotus 6 15.00%
Ferrari 3 7.50%
Mercedes 0 0%
Sauber 0 0%
Williams 0 0%
Force India 0 0%
STR 0 0%
Caterham 0 0%
Marussia 0 0%
HRT 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Jul 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3103724)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the race- British Grand Prix

Who is it in your opinion?
Old 8 Jul 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3103735)   #2
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus - best of the rest. Both cars and drivers competitive
Old 8 Jul 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3103758)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari as they've made a lot of improvements and have made their car quick.

Not McLaren, because I'm not sure that short soft stint for Lewis made much sense, but I'll need to look into it. They must have had their reasons for doing it.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3103765)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red Bull. Got the strategy just right with Webber and got both drivers on the podium.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3103772)   #5
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
A Win, two podiums, team made the right strategy calls on both cars, made great calls in a tricky Quali, Ferrari had the wrong Sunday strategy. Red Bull.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3103777)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull shows shades of dominance now...
Old 8 Jul 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3103801)   #7
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was gonna go Red Bull but went for Lotus , I still think one or possibly both cars are gonna win a race this season .
Old 8 Jul 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3103819)   #8
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull, for getting a 1-3 from this race. Runner-up is Ferrari.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3103857)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Red Bull. But there's not much to choose between them, Ferrari and Lotus. These three teams seem to be the teams to beat, and all that's missing is a win or two from Lotus.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 01:56 (Ref:3103996)   #10
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would vote for Lotus for their speed but they cannot seem to pull a race weekend together for whatever reason. I almost voted for Sauber in sympathy for what should have been a great weekened. The team did everything they could and then drivers (some of their own, some from other teams) did their best to ruin it.

In the end though, I voted for Red Bull for pulling off a win and a third from worse positions on the grid. The team did everything they were supposed to and helped Webber to a win, which I always enjoy.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3104303)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
had to go for Ferrari because i am just a big fan of the aggressive win or die strategies they are giving to Alonso

granted they have a driver who can make it work but they like the other teams had all the compounds available and still they opted for Alonso to start on the harder compounds. the BBC commentators spent much of that race saying how hard hard soft was the way to go but after this many races under the new formula they should know better.

its not be the best strategy for a win but every race it seems they are throwing caution to the wind and hoping that one of these times FA will get the softer compound will work for them or at least put himself in a situation to take advantage of others mistakes.

they started the season in a car that all the pundits (and the team itself) said was going to struggle to break into the top three but here they are, the British GP done and they are leading the WDC.

Massa returning to form (even if it is just for this race) puts them over the top for me.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 05:43 (Ref:3104453)   #12
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was pretty underwhelmed with McLaren this past weekend. Ferrari seemed stronger than I expected, and Lotus did well. Then of course there is Red Bull. Not sure which to go with, so I'll put the deciding factor to Red Bull's great livery. I really like how the tiny photos gave the cars a sort of mosaic look.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3104873)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
This doesn't sound like a team that's going to be magically on the pace in two weeks time.

JB:

"We don't have the pace of the top three teams," Button admitted to Reuters, "At the moment, we are racing the Williams, the Sauber and the Force India. I won't take anything away from the guys driving the Williams and the Saubers, but we have a lot of experience in this sport and we feel we are getting the best out of this car now. That's where we are at the moment and, personally, I don't feel they had the best weekend - if the Williams and Sauber had had a good day, they would have beaten us, so we've got a lot of work to do.

We just didn't have the pace," he confirmed, "The balance doesn't feel too bad - on high speed corners, the car is reasonable, on low speed it's not fantastic but not bad- so, when you see a car come past you like you're just stood still, it's a surprise. I don't know where we are missing out, I don't know how so many teams can be getting it right and we can't. It is amazing to think what the rest of the guys are driving around in. They must be on rails. I wonder what would happen if you put another driver in this car - I bet they would get a real shock. ...

"We thought we had it right. We had such a great start to the year. It was what everyone said we had to do, we did that - and then it has dropped off. I don't think the top teams have any tricks. We are still struggling with tyre temperatures - I put on hard tyres at the end and was going well but, when I got behind other cars, suddenly my tyre temperature had gone. [The car] didn't grip the circuit - you turn in and it shudders across the circuit.

Last edited by Marbot; 10 Jul 2012 at 22:27.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 01:52 (Ref:3104917)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
HRT for trying hard and turning up...