Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Apr 2010, 01:13 (Ref:2674580)   #151
protopuma
Racer

protopuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like falken has a chance to move into 5th. They have had a great run today.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 01:23 (Ref:2674583)   #152
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great win by the #45 seems 2009 all over again poor sebring then 5 race wins in a row.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 01:23 (Ref:2674584)   #153
protopuma
Racer

protopuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow great finish. Good race all around.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 01:52 (Ref:2674588)   #154
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
pardon my alms ignorance but didn't acura move into lmp1 regulations last year? Why are they back with a lmp2 car?
Old 18 Apr 2010, 01:53 (Ref:2674589)   #155
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Great finish.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 02:02 (Ref:2674591)   #156
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was such a great ending at the front that SPEED forgot the other classes were even there for a while. They had to search for the pass by Long for the lead and I missed seeing the Vette get into second. Was a great race and showed the balancing may be close to right, Brabs had the stop-go and still managed to keep the team close enough for Pagenaud to push at the end for the win.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 02:40 (Ref:2674594)   #157
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It was such a great ending at the front that SPEED forgot the other classes were even there for a while. They had to search for the pass by Long for the lead and I missed seeing the Vette get into second. Was a great race and showed the balancing may be close to right, Brabs had the stop-go and still managed to keep the team close enough for Pagenaud to push at the end for the win.
I think that was probably the only good thing about the delayed broadcast by SPEED, that at least we got to see most of the race in its entirety, without having to lose much racetime when their commercial breaks came on. It was a bit of a pain in the arse to have to stay away from the live timing although my son tells me that it was playing up anyway. Great wins by the Highcroft and Lizards teams. GT2 is brilliant this year.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 03:18 (Ref:2674604)   #158
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
great race, or least the tiny little bit SPEEDtv showed me. missed most of the late GT battle.

nice to see the 37 lead for a bit.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 04:34 (Ref:2674612)   #159
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiseYourFist View Post
pardon my alms ignorance but didn't acura move into lmp1 regulations last year? Why are they back with a lmp2 car?
Acura is not back with anything!!

L.P.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 06:16 (Ref:2674630)   #160
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The Acura ARX-01b and the HPD ARX-01b/c right now are the same thing in the basics-same tub, same engine, different badging as far as Highcroft's car goes. Acura badged the car from '07-'09, and Honda Racing/Honda Performance Development badges the '10 car, which in the ALMS/Highcroft's case right now is an HPD badged ARX-01b.

The only known completed ARX-01c is the Strakka car that runs in the LMS. Presumably, Highcroft is running their ARX-01 in "b" spec as that suits the ALMS better than the LMS/Le Mans.

Highcroft will have their car updated to "c" spec for Le Mans, however, and already tested the car with the "c" bodywork.

This is similar to the Matra MS670B and 670C-both ended up being the same car basically, with the original MS670C being renamed the MS680(and even that used a 670 tub and chassis components and the 3.0 V12-but the body was radically different, being similar in evolution to the ARX-01b to the ARX-01c and the Audi R15 2009 to the Audi R15 2010/R15 Plus).

It's all sematics, but if Highcroft and HPD want to badge the car as a HPD/Honda, we can only follow suit.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2674660)   #161
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, what a nice day! Porsche on top again...
Someone said Ferrari in GT1 specs should have been as fast as the devil...
But I only see Porsche is one step ahead...
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 18 Apr 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2674794)   #162
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Acura is not back with anything!!
Awhile ago you were saying its not a Honda ..... now its not an Acura .

Now ..... its make your mind up time dude !!!

As far as I am concerned its a Honda . HPD=Honda Performance Development .
Old 18 Apr 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2674881)   #163
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

It's all the same crap, Acura/HPD, different name. No use arguing lol.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 13:48 (Ref:2674945)   #164
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I don't think he meant it isn't an Acura. Acura themselves are out of the game. They are no longer putting money into the series, and therefore not entering anything. This is a pure privateer entry now. (more or less. )
Old 18 Apr 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2674970)   #165
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That race was quite good, wasn't it? It just goes to show you, you only need two cars to have a race! Despite the low prototype count, they can still put on a great show. Why? Diversity among vehicles! And that's not to disregard the GT battle, though we didn't see a lot of it. Patrick Long made some ballsy moves and they paid off. A very fun race indeed. ALMS may not boast the grid it had in 2008 as far as the main classes of Le Mans racing go, but it still is an awesome series. They have a lot of good ideas for the future and you can't argue with the superb racing we saw in Long Beach. Come on, Aston, another round of ALMS won't hurt you...
Old 18 Apr 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2674975)   #166
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought the coverage of the race on SPEED wasn't too bad. I was a bit disappointed that we missed so much of the action (especially passes for the lead) in GT2, but I guess with the short time of the race there wasn't a lot of time to show the highlights. I wish they would have at least let us know when some of these passes happened. By the time they finally showed GT2 after about 10 laps or so, Falken had taken the lead and I don't know if they showed that ever. Also they never mentioned how the Drayson car was damaged...

But big congrats to Jon Field with his stellar first stint. He earned the top spot, and wasn't holding anybody up behind him. Too bad the team had some issues with a fuel leak, or they could have had a very good result. Also the Cytosport boys didn't put a wheel wrong and ended up with a strong finish.

edit: Almost forgot - RSR Jag finished!!!!! Congrats to them too!
Old 18 Apr 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2674978)   #167
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
It's all the same crap, Acura/HPD, different name. No use arguing lol.
It is not the same , from a marketing point of view .

If its the same , why bother changing the name in the first place ???
Old 18 Apr 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2675019)   #168
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

No need to make up my mind. I am not the one who is confused, I know exactly what it is. An HPD ARX-01c!

Love the avatar of your favorite racing VW!

L.P.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2675020)   #169
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I don't think he meant it isn't an Acura. Acura themselves are out of the game. They are no longer putting money into the series, and therefore not entering anything. This is a pure privateer entry now. (more or less. )

Yep!

L.P.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2675022)   #170
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Highcroft will have their car updated to "c" spec for Le Mans, however, and already tested the car with the "c" bodywork.
Hard to test new bodyworks when you don't have them yet.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2675401)   #171
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was a quite entertaining race save for the inevitable litany of SC interruptions associated with a street course event. Good battles in every class. Wasn't too thrilled with the broadcast though; I realize the number of class battles makes it tough but I wish the Wheeler TV package with its incessant interruptions for 'special-interest' vignettes would be streamlined. I don't care if the the Corvette drivers hung out with Marines or Michelin won JD Power awards; there is no need for that when there are obviously battles for class leads going on at the same time! Compare this to the Greenlight TV package for FIA-GT last year which covered two classes well by just focusing on the racing...
Old 19 Apr 2010, 00:26 (Ref:2675452)   #172
cjent
Rookie

United States
FL & NC, USA
cjent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race, great finish in LMP and if you pay the bills, you can then chose the coverage.
Safety cars are expected in the US. They don't know how to control cars with just corner yellows, anymore. Of course it was a street circuit, from which is harder to remove cars and debris.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 01:10 (Ref:2675467)   #173
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
That was a quite entertaining race save for the inevitable litany of SC interruptions associated with a street course event. Good battles in every class. Wasn't too thrilled with the broadcast though; I realize the number of class battles makes it tough but I wish the Wheeler TV package with its incessant interruptions for 'special-interest' vignettes would be streamlined. I don't care if the the Corvette drivers hung out with Marines or Michelin won JD Power awards; there is no need for that when there are obviously battles for class leads going on at the same time! Compare this to the Greenlight TV package for FIA-GT last year which covered two classes well by just focusing on the racing...
Cautions
Laps Reason
4 - 5 Car 52 off course
8 - 12 Car 16 off course
35 - 42 Cars 44 off course
Old 19 Apr 2010, 02:36 (Ref:2675494)   #174
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally View Post
Hard to test new bodyworks when you don't have them yet.
At Sebring, during the Speed broadcast, it was stated that Highcroft had tested or was to test their HPD/Acura/Honda(take your pick) with the "C" bodywork at Road America.

Similar to Audi not entering Sebring with the Audi R15 2010/R15 Plus: only one, maybe two cars completed, short of spare bodywork, and one car was held in Europe for testing at EuroSpeedway's banked test oval. Like Audi, Highcroft had only enough parts to do a highspeed test.

The ARX-01b is a high downforce car suited for the ALMS, and why risk running the "c" when it's still somewhat of an unknown quality and that might not pose much of an advantage on a street course or most other ALMS tracks(I personally doubt that HPD had done nearly as much testing with the ARX-01c as what Audi had done with the R15 Plus so far, which oddly enough seems to make about the same if not more downforce than the now mothballed Acura ARX-02 that seems to have inspired many of the "Plus" features on the R15)?
Old 19 Apr 2010, 02:59 (Ref:2675504)   #175
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Its not scheduled to be in their shops 'til May and even the Strakka car isn't a complete 'c' yet...