Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Oct 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3679685)   #326
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Going by the current FIA rankings (updated 30/9,) Longhurst is the only classified driver and he is a Silver.

Skaife would probably be a Gold from my quick browsing of his results.
Ingall might be a Gold, but might be able to downgrade to a Silver due to age, but may not be able to downgrade depending on how his codrive for Nissan is viewed...factory drivers have to be Gold,.
It would be an all-Pro team wouldn't it? 10 Bathurst wins (technically 9, they shared one) between them plus the Touring Car Championships, hard to argue not...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Oct 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3679702)   #327
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John Bowe is considered an Am isn't he?
Old 13 Oct 2016, 09:54 (Ref:3679719)   #328
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
John Bowe is considered an Am isn't he?
under the categorisation rules any driver over 60 is a bronze, thus Bowe is Am

Longhurst as mentioned is Silver, but the other two are possibly Gold, but maybe silver due to life away from motorsport, they will need to be catagorised in coming months
Old 13 Oct 2016, 10:53 (Ref:3679725)   #329
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
THAT is one sweet looking bit of gear.
They seem quite serious about the event, Here with a number of test days at Phillip Island & at Drive Bathurst later in the year.

Which would suggest the budget & the brand names on the side are there to do a good job.

The other SRM car hasn't shown itself to be a fireball, here's hoping Mr Skaife's bum hasn't forgotten how to car sort, and they can unlock the potential.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 18:53 (Ref:3679816)   #330
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Now available for B12H?
Old 14 Oct 2016, 21:12 (Ref:3680097)   #331
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tell you what, the first driver change between Skaife and Ingall will be fast, they practiced it 8 years ago:
Old 15 Oct 2016, 11:43 (Ref:3680198)   #332
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I tell you what, the first driver change between Skaife and Ingall will be fast, they practiced it 8 years ago:
Old 15 Oct 2016, 22:53 (Ref:3680318)   #333
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Factory aces to complete BMW Bathurst tilt

seems it wont just be an olf folks car
Old 17 Oct 2016, 05:15 (Ref:3680823)   #334
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And now chat about HTP returning.
Old 17 Oct 2016, 05:52 (Ref:3680828)   #335
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Lauda set for Bathurst 12 Hour start

According to a Sportscar365 report, the 35-year-old is set to link with Pedro Lamy and Paul Dalla Lana in a HTP Motorsport Mercedes GT.
Old 17 Oct 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3680906)   #336
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I can't believe it was that long ago.
Old 24 Oct 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3682419)   #337
Ad.
Rookie

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Ad. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey all, I am Ad. from Hong Kong and my girlfriend and I are planning to attend the Bathurst 12 hours race weekend as part of our 10 days Sydney trip. Knowing all of you are Bathurst veteran I would love to have your input on the followings..

1. What is the event schedule look like across the 3 days? (Practice/Quali/Race/Support Races)
2. Is there any track side events/nearly attractions that are worth going when there is no track action?
3. We will be driving from Sydney to attend the race in our rental car, which type of ticket should we get? From this post http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=179 I understand that trackside access for cars are good, does that mean I won't need a grandstand ticket, just the track side one?
4. Do you have any recommendations on Hotel/Hostel/Airbnb for those two nights of stay?
5. What is your favorite spot of staying/spending majority of the time at?

Many thanks and I am already looking forward to all the track actions and atmosphere.

Ad.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 01:49 (Ref:3682887)   #338
D.R.T.
Veteran

The event schedule is usually jam packed of categories from 8am to 5pm daily through Friday and Saturday and obviously the 5.30am to 5.30pm (or similar) on the Sunday.

As for other attractions to see, I would highly recommend checking out the Bathurst Motor Museum right next to the track, along with a trip walking the pits on Friday and Saturday evening.

From my experience, a 3 day general admission ticket is perfect. Allows you to get anywhere on the circuit (well potentially another $10 to drive to the top of the mountain - a disgrace).

I would recommend the viewing the race from all available vantage points during the day / weekend. Each is spectacular and interesting in its own way.

Watching the start from turn 1 is particularly good, as well as from top of the mountain with the cars poking there way through the darkness.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 08:48 (Ref:3682924)   #339
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
(well potentially another $10 to drive to the top of the mountain - a disgrace).
It's not a disgrace

Making you pay to go up the top of the mountain is progress, it makes the event better.

Much better than the 2007-2015 years when you could drive up the top of the mountain for free.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3683196)   #340
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad. View Post
Hey all, I am Ad. from Hong Kong and my girlfriend and I are planning to attend the Bathurst 12 hours race weekend as part of our 10 days Sydney trip. Knowing all of you are Bathurst veteran I would love to have your input on the followings..

1. What is the event schedule look like across the 3 days? (Practice/Quali/Race/Support Races)
2. Is there any track side events/nearly attractions that are worth going when there is no track action?
3. We will be driving from Sydney to attend the race in our rental car, which type of ticket should we get? From this post http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=179 I understand that trackside access for cars are good, does that mean I won't need a grandstand ticket, just the track side one?
4. Do you have any recommendations on Hotel/Hostel/Airbnb for those two nights of stay?
5. What is your favorite spot of staying/spending majority of the time at?

Many thanks and I am already looking forward to all the track actions and atmosphere.

Ad.
Hi Ad
you will have a great trip

1. The event is reasonable packed. Friday is a day of practise for all categories, Saturday is about racing for support categories and qualifying for the 12 hour cars and Sunday is about the 12 hour race. The support categories are pretty basic, lots of cars, but not awesome categories

2. As mentioned the museum is good, chances are it will be Hot weather wise, so you maybe looking for shade. Bathurst township has lots of restaurants and is a short distance from the track

3. I recommend General admission for this event, will allow you to walk around and choose your favourite places, however you will need to bring a seat (or you are ont he ground), Many stores in Sydney will have them for $10-$20. Still the grand stand on pit straight isnt overly expensive and gives a base. There is a new grandstabnd for this year on the first corner (Hell Corner) this seems expensive to me and out of the way

4. Get in quick for hotels, Many are already booked. They come at a premium for this weekend and minimum nights. Visit bathurst Another option is Tent city which is at the track Tent City.

5. Different people like different things when it comes to bathurst, spend your time walking around the track on the saturday (and or friday) and find a spot you like. i like pit straight as it keeps you on top of the strategy, others prefer the mountain as it is shady and provides some great viewing spots
Old 26 Oct 2016, 21:37 (Ref:3683198)   #341
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
It's not a disgrace

Making you pay to go up the top of the mountain is progress, it makes the event better.

Much better than the 2007-2015 years when you could drive up the top of the mountain for free.
Back in the days when there was no camping at the top of the mountain, those were the days hey. but as you said, camping at the top is progress. It makes the event better

Last edited by peckstar; 26 Oct 2016 at 21:43.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 22:07 (Ref:3683211)   #342
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
It's not a disgrace

Is there a free bus service to the top?
Old 27 Oct 2016, 06:29 (Ref:3683288)   #343
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is there a free bus service to the top?
I don't believe so.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 06:37 (Ref:3683293)   #344
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I don't believe so.
There isnt, $5 if you want to use

Also its only $5 on race day (or the Saturday) to get up the top. $10 for the weekend
Old 27 Oct 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3683372)   #345
D.R.T.
Veteran

Don't forget the 30min line up for the $5 or $10 pass peckstar.

Not sure what changed from 2015 to 2016 to force the need for a new charge
Old 27 Oct 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3683459)   #346
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Don't forget the 30min line up for the $5 or $10 pass peckstar.

Not sure what changed from 2015 to 2016 to force the need for a new charge
you didnt observe all the tents at the top of the mountain? thast what has changed. camping on top of the mountain is progress and there will be more campes up there this year

no wait for the pass if you buy it early, the main ticket booth on pit straight has them.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 22:53 (Ref:3683468)   #347
D.R.T.
Veteran

Not sure if the main ticket booth had them in 2016 Peckstar.

There was a 30min line up for tickets on Friday practice, let alone the road blockages (even if you already had a ticket) on Saturday for qualifying as the promoter only had 1 booth open.

Multiple events at Bathurst have had camping up top of the mountain which didn't require an additional charge to drive to the top.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 23:14 (Ref:3683472)   #348
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Not sure if the main ticket booth had them in 2016 Peckstar.

There was a 30min line up for tickets on Friday practice, let alone the road blockages (even if you already had a ticket) on Saturday for qualifying as the promoter only had 1 booth open.

Multiple events at Bathurst have had camping up top of the mountain which didn't require an additional charge to drive to the top.
im talking about the 2017 race which is the thread we are in, you wiil be able to buy a pass there (i understand you could last race, just people didnt realise or were in denial about it)

which events are they that have had camping at the top? certainly not the 12 hour or the 1000 or the 6 hour. Not many left and none with a crowd.

as you are aware camping started last 12 hour which coincided with the fee to get to the top, thats what changed, you said you didnt know what changed, but the two were related.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 00:48 (Ref:3683494)   #349
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
(i understand you could last race, just people didnt realise or were in denial about it)
Who was in denial about it? Any examples of just a throw away comment.

Considering the large numbers of cars and people queuing on a 1 lane road to the top of the mountain - clearly the main booth wasn't selling the passes or advertise any sales. Not great practice is it?

I assume you were present and can speak from first hand account?

Quote:
which events are they that have had camping at the top? certainly not the 12 hour or the 1000 or the 6 hour.
Both 24 hour events had camping on the mountain without any additional charges. Why would camping up the top require an additional charge to use the road? I dont get charged a vehicle fee to access the infield camp site?
Old 28 Oct 2016, 01:08 (Ref:3683499)   #350
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Who was in denial about it? Any examples of just a throw away comment.

Considering the large numbers of cars and people queuing on a 1 lane road to the top of the mountain - clearly the main booth wasn't selling the passes or advertise any sales. Not great practice is it?

I assume you were present and can speak from first hand account?

Both 24 hour events had camping on the mountain without any additional charges. Why would camping up the top require an additional charge to use the road? I dont get charged a vehicle fee to access the infield camp site?
Passes will be on sale this year (2017) at all the main ticket booths.

So no current events then? just something from 14 years ago. The bathurst 1000 also had it many years ago. Times have changed. The good news is it doesnt cost to go up the mountain, its free, only if you want to take a car

Camping was different from 2015 to 2016 and thats why we have a fee now. Bad luck if you dont like it. That's progress