Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Feb 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3710364)   #1501
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Internet reacts to SVG/Engel Bathurst controversy

interesting response by HTP technical chief Renaud Dufour to craig baird

Quote:
@cbairdo @shanevg97 where do you put the respect of the team in your words?
Quote:
The drama followed reports of friction in the joint Scott Taylor Motorsport/HTP Motorsport camp throughout the weekend as the drivers and engineers strived to improve car set-up.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3710368)   #1502
msd76
Rookie

msd76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn’t Engel excuse Baird pushing the leader before a re-start because they had ‘no straight line speed?’ which I found annoying as the Merc’s had no problem blowing past every Audi they ever came across on the straights.

Any way well done to Marenello, they were fast, consistent and clean all day.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 06:53 (Ref:3710383)   #1503
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 488 was good everywhere. No doubt the standard package is already stealthy, the local tuning by the aces from 888 in Mr Dutton & Mr McPherson would have made a significant difference.

There was an interview with Mr Vilander over the weekend, suggesting the team moved his thinking about the car to another level, there til midnight looking at how to make the car better, where in the past he/his team, may not have bothered.

The #22 Benz in Mr Engel's hands looked a great weapon. Mr van Gisbergen admitted he overdrove to catch the Ferrari, and didn't.

Wonder how a Benz with 888 love may have fared..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Feb 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3710384)   #1504
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
That article reminds me of an important point, which is that by crashing out of a certain second SVG devastated the chances of winning the Intercontinental GT Challenge for Mercedes (and possibly Maro, I don't know if he was scheduled for all 4 races or not) already. I can definitely see the team being unimpressed with the locals' win it or bin it attitude.

Last edited by carbsmith; 6 Feb 2017 at 07:18.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 07:16 (Ref:3710391)   #1505
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
That article reminds me of an important point, which is that by crashing out of a certain second SVG devastated the changes of winning the Intercontinental GT Challenge for Mercedes (and possibly Maro, I don't know if he was scheduled for all 4 races or not) already. I can definitely see the team being unimpressed with the locals' win it or bin it attitude.
thats a really good point. One i shall be using elsewhere. thanks for reminding us
Old 6 Feb 2017, 07:48 (Ref:3710395)   #1506
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
https://youtu.be/Kp6CD--ozpQ

Last hour of the race from Nismo TV
Old 6 Feb 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3710400)   #1507
McLaren Oz
Rookie

McLaren Oz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to back Maro on the SVG comment....drove his arse off all day and to have those incidents at the end of the race, well, I'd be extremely disappointed as well. Bairdo did a fair job all day as well. The mistake out of the dipper was one thing, but the move on the #51 Porsche was nothing short of disgraceful.
Then to park it in the middle of the road at the Chase....spoilt brat tactics.
Maro is my new hero after those comments. To finally hear a driver say what is on his mind rather than what is expected to be heard should be commended. The truth is, Maro is right. For a Supercars champion to make that many mistakes in a single weekend....it's not good enough and Jamie showed his class.

On another note, it was my first 12 Hour and I absolutely loved it. Can't wait for next year and I'll be there for sure!!
Didn't really attend with a though of following/supporting anyone, but fell in love with the Lago Lambo on Friday morning. They had a mega run as well, a good result against more experienced and better funded teams. Would love to see a works-Lamborghini run effort one day - I dare to dream!!!
Have a rather soft spot for the Bentley's as well. I heard on Saturday that they may not be back next year, it was a three year plan and this was the third year. I hope this is incorrect. Those things sounded tough!!!

All in all, a great event. Enjoyed the supports as well. Great value for money weekend. Thanks to the organisers, volunteers and spectators for making it a great event....bring on 2018!!!
Old 6 Feb 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3710404)   #1508
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the Bentley that John Bowe and Melinda Price were going to drive?
Old 6 Feb 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3710405)   #1509
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The 488 was good everywhere. No doubt the standard package is already stealthy, the local tuning by the aces from 888 in Mr Dutton & Mr McPherson would have made a significant difference.

There was an interview with Mr Vilander over the weekend, suggesting the team moved his thinking about the car to another level, there til midnight looking at how to make the car better, where in the past he/his team, may not have bothered.

The #22 Benz in Mr Engel's hands looked a great weapon. Mr van Gisbergen admitted he overdrove to catch the Ferrari, and didn't.

Wonder how a Benz with 888 love may have fared..
Perhaps they'd have tuned it for more straight-line speed, sacrificing it's performance across the top, where it is typically harder to pass? Ludo would've done it that way

Mr Skaife had also offered an interesting insight on how to get the best out of the M6, without torching the tyres. It was a shame Mr Ingall came to grief in it. They would've been up there near the pointy end, as the hours ticked down to naught.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3710406)   #1510
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
What happened to the Bentley that John Bowe and Melinda Price were going to drive?
I don't believe they were entered in the 12hr at all.

I think it's just AusGT at this stage.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3710407)   #1511
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
SVG deserves any criticism imo, he has made risky moves in this race in the past and it was always going to catch up with him if he continued to do so.........he is a talent behind the wheel though.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 09:27 (Ref:3710411)   #1512
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Skaife had also offered an interesting insight on how to get the best out of the M6, without torching the tyres. It was a shame Mr Ingall came to grief in it. They would've been up there near the pointy end, as the hours ticked down to naught.
Story Here

Team were convinced they were on for a win..
Old 6 Feb 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3710412)   #1513
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SVG's driving reminds me of Stefan Bellof - always 11/10ths. I pray it doesn't finish the same way.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3710417)   #1514
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For Aussie viewers highlights on 7 on Saturday

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/new...hlights-seven/
Old 6 Feb 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3710421)   #1515
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
the Melinda price announcement was only ever for Aust Gt.

However the Bentley was an initial entrant, but was withdrawn as (going from memory) they were unable to get the car completed in time and have chosen to have it complete for clipsal instead
Old 6 Feb 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3710423)   #1516
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

And in those not one of the co-drivers had anything bad to say about Russell, yes he binned it, yes it cost a well placed finish, but not one harsh word has been made. I'm sure there will be plenty of ribbing once the Mark/Russell duo get back on Foxtel, but that wont be serious, they are all professionals and they all know how the place can bite.

I could really see how much this meant to Russell, the shear devastation in his eyes after he pulled up. I really hope the deal comes together for them to be back next year.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3710432)   #1517
Umai Naa
Veteran

I thought Mr Engel's comments were surprising, given how much endurance racing he does with all sorts of drivers. Just last week he shared a car with Paul Morris, of all people. That car DNF'd too.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 10:48 (Ref:3710436)   #1518
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I thought Mr Engel's comments were surprising, given how much endurance racing he does with all sorts of drivers. Just last week he shared a car with Paul Morris, of all people. That car DNF'd too.
There must be some niggle there somewhere, that hasn't shown up before.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3710439)   #1519
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Individual laptimes are interesting Here
Old 6 Feb 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3710441)   #1520
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
There must be some niggle there somewhere, that hasn't shown up before.
Well he did replace Mr van Gisbergen at Erebus.

Betty K, perhaps?
Old 6 Feb 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3710442)   #1521
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Some big gaps in times in the same car...
Old 6 Feb 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3710446)   #1522
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
there are some interesting gaps in some of the cars

Gotta say. Chaz Mostert. Surely he earnt himself a pro seat next year?
Old 6 Feb 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3710447)   #1523
Umai Naa
Veteran

Some surprises in there. Some very bad, and some very good.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 11:17 (Ref:3710448)   #1524
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
there are some interesting gaps in some of the cars

Gotta say. Chaz Mostert. Surely he earnt himself a pro seat next year?
Imagine a full-pro M6 without problems.. we might not see which way it went!
Old 6 Feb 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3710453)   #1525
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know they had their problems, but Chiyo so much slower than the others in the #23?