Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Aug 2015, 22:35 (Ref:3569490)   #1
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Courtney Be A Starter For Bathurst

Given he has had suffered a punctured lung, and Bathurst is only six weeks away, I reckon a start at Bathurst is unlikely?

Who will Perkins junior share the ride with?
Old 28 Aug 2015, 23:19 (Ref:3569498)   #2
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably unlikely but I want it to be Murphy....

I'm sure Marcos would agree!
Old 28 Aug 2015, 23:48 (Ref:3569508)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Unless something goes horribly wrong at Sundown, you'd expect that they'd stick with Russell if James is not recovered sufficiently.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 23:51 (Ref:3569509)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he'll be out for a while yet, I'm afraid. Possibly back towards the end of the season.

I suspect Mr Ingall will be utilised for the whole of the Enduro cup, alongside Mr Perkins, who will probably do every other event as well until Mr Courtney returns.
Old 29 Aug 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3569562)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Courtney didnt look well at all in any of his most recent interviews on social media.

Hard to suggest a return date, but would imagine that Mr Ingall should make sure his race suit fits him well, he might need for a few more weekends beyond Sandown...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Aug 2015, 12:11 (Ref:3569596)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
im sure i read in an announcement of ingall for Sandown that he was on standby for Bathurst also
Old 29 Aug 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3569703)   #7
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ever cracked a rib? Or two?

Sleeping is painful enough for a long time, let alone copping all the lateral loads of a racecar/harness at a place like Bathurst.

Dr AP says he's no chance...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 29 Aug 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3569716)   #8
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

Sleeping is painful enough for a long time, let alone copping all the lateral loads of a racecar/harness at a place like Bathurst.

I think that you're on the money AP - on top of that there's the whole question of climbing in and out of the car through the cage - be very difficult if not impossible with cracked ribs, then if he didn't get himself strapped in j-u-s-t right, he'd be in even more discomfort through each stint.

Hard to see how he'd be right for the Mountain - he may not even be right for Surfers.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 00:21 (Ref:3569733)   #9
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting if Mr Ingall wasn't available for Bathurst, would HRT consider Steve Johnson?
Old 30 Aug 2015, 04:48 (Ref:3569763)   #10
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Interesting if Mr Ingall wasn't available for Bathurst, would HRT consider Steve Johnson?
Why would Rusty not be available for Bathurst, his TV duties will let him race, and Im sure he would love another crack at the Mountain
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 30 Aug 2015, 05:29 (Ref:3569768)   #11
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have thought that whoever they chose for Sandown would have been on the proviso that they were available for Bathurst & Gold Coast too if needed
Old 30 Aug 2015, 06:55 (Ref:3569780)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
My opinion is that JC will not race at Bathurst. however it's possible he may take part in practice and then make his decision based on that.

However this link suggest Rusty is on standby for Bathurst

carsales.com.au Not sure if it is a reliable source though, havent seen this anywhere else

Quote:
And if Courtney doesn’t recover from his two broken ribs and collapsed lung in time, Ingall will also partner Jack Perkins in the #22 HRT Commodore VF in the Bathurst 1000 at Mount Panorama as well.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 09:30 (Ref:3569793)   #13
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is only 6 weeks until Bathurst. I believe these guys are athletes and need to be at peak physical condition to tackle an endurance event. Even if the ribs can heal in that time (pushing it), I don't think James' fitness level will be able to bounce back in time. Add to that the collapsed lung, which further complicates things, and I would be extremely surprised if he was in the car come Bathurst.

Even if all of the above goes really well and he does manage to get back to full fitness, you'd have to consider the risk involved. Taking another knock to the ribs so soon after the initial incident could potentially do some more serious and longer lasting injury, I would imagine.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 02:50 (Ref:3570144)   #14
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

What is the world coming to, chemists calling themselves doctors?
Old 31 Aug 2015, 03:43 (Ref:3570150)   #15
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A clear 'no' from me.

Perhaps Scud can opine.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 03:54 (Ref:3570152)   #16
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A clear 'no' from me.

Perhaps Scud can opine.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 06:19 (Ref:3570164)   #17
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
What is the world coming to, chemists calling themselves doctors?
By the way AP I agree with your diagnosis.
Old 1 Sep 2015, 03:09 (Ref:3570386)   #18
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Am I the only person who thinks Skaife would be a far better choice than Ingall?
Old 1 Sep 2015, 03:13 (Ref:3570389)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Am I the only person who thinks Skaife would be a far better choice than Ingall?
Not even Skaife thinks that
Old 1 Sep 2015, 03:22 (Ref:3570390)   #20
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone who has sustained a Rib injury knows that this is a long shot. The G forces along with seating and belts would make this a big ask and if it actually happens I think JC may be the Co-Driver in this instance.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 05:12 (Ref:3571276)   #21
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No. I was thinking it would be Skaife or Murphy, but I guess Mr Walkinshaw can't let old wounds heal re Skaife, and Murphy's TV commitments probably exclude him.

Ingal's head is not in the right place, hasn't been for a longtime, since he left SBR. Too many years with too many **** outfits since SBR have hurt him a lot.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 05:56 (Ref:3571280)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
No. I was thinking it would be Skaife or Murphy, but I guess Mr Walkinshaw can't let old wounds heal re Skaife, and Murphy's TV commitments probably exclude him.

Ingal's head is not in the right place, hasn't been for a longtime, since he left SBR. Too many years with too many **** outfits since SBR have hurt him a lot.
of course when you say **** outfits you are talking about Walkinshaw racing just two years ago as a full time driver

Aren't Walkinshaw Racing the sister team to HRT
Old 4 Sep 2015, 12:21 (Ref:3571325)   #23
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How did he go with Walkinshaw Racing?
Old 5 Sep 2015, 02:40 (Ref:3571472)   #24
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From memory I think Skaife had some problems last time he raced , it may have been his Back when he was driving with Lowndes a few years ago.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 04:40 (Ref:3571480)   #25
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl View Post
From memory I think Skaife had some problems last time he raced , it may have been his Back when he was driving with Lowndes a few years ago.
Ah yes, the race where CL was showing great pace and some may say that Skaife used his bad back as a convenient "out".