Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 May 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2687980)   #76
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
With out doubt Michael Schumacher's move on Rubens Barrichello approaching the line at the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix.
Michael couldn't match Rubens' pace during the race but didn't give up and took full advantage of Rubens taking it easy to the line exiting the final turn.
LMFAO

Selby
Old 5 Jul 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2722200)   #77
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LOL. Yeah Schumi used all his might and skill to bet Rubens that day in Austria! I can hear it now on the pit radio:"Errr, Ross tell Rubens to move over for me now so I can win!"

I think the best overtake of all time has to be Mansell on Senna at Barcelona in 1991. The track was still damp I think. I don't think Mansell's car could get enough of a slipstream and so he and Senna had to play "chicken" to see who would brake first at the end of that massive straight!

I would put Piquet's move on Senna in second place. I am no fan of Piquet but I will admit it is still a mega move! On that day he was amazing. He qualified second got overtaken by his team Mansell early in the race, then came back at Mansell, and set about overtaking Senna. I love it that he went back and tried again to overtake him - I think a lot of drivers would have just given up and stayed behind for some safe points. But no he tried a mad move, and gave F1 some oversteer!!!

I would also mention the Professor's move at Phoenix 1991. His overtaking two cars in one move is so super smooth and clinical. The trademarks of the Professor. Overtaking Alesi and Piquet was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_GcJ6N9OF0