Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1010033)   #51
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad showing again. IMO the start crash was his fault.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:53 (Ref:1010037)   #52
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well . i thought it was da Matta's fault . i'll have to see the race again

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:54 (Ref:1010041)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes Klien had to try and avoid teh Toyota when it suddenly slowed. Unlucky, not his fault.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1010050)   #54
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup. Totally Da Matta to blame, unless Da Matta was experiencing gear-selection problems already, but still on no way Kliens fault.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 21:02 (Ref:1010061)   #55
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think he did have problems .. it was a sudden slowing ..
and poor massa .. gets colected .. and fisico on the grass and behind heidfeld .. they did good last year . this year is a nightmare .. go Sauber

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Jun 2004, 05:17 (Ref:1010329)   #56
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Figured someone would have a go at Klien,yep poor guy had no where to go but up da Mattas .
Old 21 Jun 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1010379)   #57
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Klien has been impressive enough for a rookie where he's been given time. He hasn't let himself be pushed over, and his pace isn't too bad considering.

I think he should definately be given the full year. I can't see anyone available outside of Heidfield being a better choice.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 11:26 (Ref:1010589)   #58
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
Yup. Totally Da Matta to blame, unless Da Matta was experiencing gear-selection problems already, but still on no way Kliens fault.
Da Matta was interviewed during the race on dutch televeision.
When asked about that incident, he didn't mention having any problems. He said that one other car (Klien) suddenly ran into him.
However, I think that it is possible that he had to break because of something which may have happened right in front of him.

As far as I can remember, we could clearly see Da Matta slowing down suddenly (i.e. much more than the surrounding cars) just before being hit by Klien. Unfortunately, in that shot we could not see what was happening in front of Da Matta. So it is possible that he had to brake because of something that happened in front of him.

Earlier, there had been an interview with the third driver involved (Massa?). He said that he saw Da Matta and Klien suddenly slowing down right in front of him. Again, that does not mean that nothing was going on in front of Da Matta.

-------------

Anyway, there was no way Klien could have avoided this accident.

And please don't forget that Klien is not only unexperienced;
He is also very young.
-- Klien is 1 1/2 years younger than Alonso.
-- Klien is 3 years younger than Button.
-- Klien is 6 1/2 years younger than Webber.

It is *much* too early to write him off.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 14:51 (Ref:1010832)   #59
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bleu
Bad showing again. IMO the start crash was his fault.
Not even slightly. He was goign no faster than the cars outside of him, and da Matta suddenly slowed. As Cristiano continued to have gear selection problems which eventually put him out, I think we can blame the richest team in F1 for writing off cars from the 4 poorest - don't wyou jsut love capitalism?
Old 21 Jun 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1010840)   #60
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a nice spin Boots!

Maybe there should be a kind of sliding insurance policy - so Toyota should subsidise rebuilding costs for the Jag and Sauber cars!
Old 21 Jun 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1010841)   #61
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I expected people would try to blame Klien.

In a world where teams are accused of not giving new drivers enough time, it seems this forum is even harsher, in some cases!
Old 21 Jun 2004, 15:00 (Ref:1010848)   #62
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only content when there's something (or someone) to criticise...

To be fair, I've seen one person blame Klien and everyone else defend him. This time.

In the pack at turn 1, it only takes the Toyota to juggle a box of neutrals for a fraction of a second for carnage to ensue. I wonder if the Toyota's 'box found a gear on its own, or got a helping nudge from the Jag's nose cone?!