Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1646634)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IndyCar Kansas Race - Contains Spoilers

Congrats to Sam Hornish Jr. on another fine victory, just holding Wheldon off after a close, hard battle during the last ten laps - at times I literally held my breath as they almost banged wheels.

Also congrats to Vitor Meira on notching up another great finish, taking third after passing Kanaan at the very end.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1646644)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Contains spoilers.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1646823)   #3
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Contains spoilers.
Too late.

Old 2 Jul 2006, 23:26 (Ref:1646882)   #4
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe someone can change the thread title.

Great Race watched from start to finish. I really hope someone gets Vitor some money so that he can finally win a race.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1647151)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Contains spoilers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Too late.

Bleh, sorry I guess - there's a first for everything, but what were you doing in a race-thread moments after the race had finished anyway? And how come it made a difference for this race and not the last three that contained no spoiler-warning in the thread-title nor the first post?

Last edited by rustyfan; 3 Jul 2006 at 09:54.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1647157)   #6
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Bleh, sorry I guess - there's a first for everything, but what were you doing in a race-thread moments after the race had finished anyway? And how come it made a difference for this race and not the last three that contained no spoiler-warning in the thread-title nor the first post?
Cos I thought it was in-race discussion as the tv guide said it was live. I wanted to see why a yellow had been thrown.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1647225)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by goobers
il irl succhia

Why do you even bother, goobers???

I believe this is your second post in this forum...the first was removed for blatant trolling....

This one isn't germane to the thread and could be considered inflammatory.

If you want to discuss racing in this Series, then do it....

If you just want to lob grenades here and there, don't waste your time...or ours

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Jul 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1647317)   #8
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My thoughts on the event as a whole:

Although the finish wasn't as close at the finish line as we have seen in the past here, the race was a very good one...

Lots of passing and action throughout the pack... the late-lap battles and passes for position, especially in the top 8 cars, was very good, and ABC-TV here did a great job of covering the action.

Large crowd attended on a very hot day...if a merger happens, this race needs to be on the schedule.

Meira had yet another good run...I hope he can break through for a win this year...Meira and Panther are really beginning to click

Kanaan made a great charge toward the front...moved up 8 spots from his low qualifying position to get a top five finish.

Helio's crew did a superb job of keeping Helio on the lead lap and keeping him in the hunt after the spin and impact that damaged his rear wing....The late stop to get fresh tires was a decent gamble, but the Firestones have seemed to be a little more consistent through longer runs this season than they were in the past...it helped him pick up a few spots, but not quite enough to hit the top five.

Things have to be pretty depressing around the Rahal garages these days when they have had yet another accident, handling issues and speed are still elusive, and their best showing of the day was Jeff Simmons' move from 17th to a 10th place finish.

Let's see what the Nashville race brings us in two weeks

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Jul 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1647355)   #9
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Helio's crew did a superb job of keeping Helio on the lead lap and keeping him in the hunt after the spin and impact that damaged his rear wing....
They did - but they were more than aided and abetted by the fact that they semeed to be leaving the yellow out long enough for them to do it. How many laps under yellow was it? I could not see any justification for more than a couple of laps. But certainly in the last couple of races the IRL seem to be moving towards NASCAR yellows (e.g. the one just as the fuel stops were due).
Old 5 Jul 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1648740)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Cos I thought it was in-race discussion as the tv guide said it was live. I wanted to see why a yellow had been thrown.
But then, if you didn't get it live even though you thought so, you would have been spoiled even if the thread-title would have contained the word spoiler, wouldn't you?

Anyways, poo happens and it was not my intention to spoil anyone.
Old 5 Jul 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1648759)   #11
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
But then, if you didn't get it live even though you thought so, you would have been spoiled even if the thread-title would have contained the word spoiler, wouldn't you?
I wouldn't have clicked on it then...
Old 5 Jul 2006, 11:03 (Ref:1648762)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The race was delayed coverage over here. It started just as it finished in reality. So always put "spoilers" in the title rusty!

Explanation accepted.