Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver combination will win the Pirtek Enduro Cup?
#2 Pye/Luff WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#3 Russell/Douglas LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom/Canto PRA FORD 0 0%
#6 Waters/Stanaway PRA FORD 0 0%
#7 T.Kelly/Le Brocq NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#8 Percat/Jones BJR HOLDEN 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP FORD 2 6.90%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR HOLDEN 1 3.45%
#15 R.Kelly/Wall NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP FORD 7 24.14%
#18 Holdsworth/Reindler CSR HOLDEN 0 0%
#19 W.Davison/Webb Tekno HOLDEN 0 0%
#21 Blanchard/Hazelwood TBR HOLDEN 0 0%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#23 Caruso/Fiore NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#33 Tander/Golding GRM HOLDEN 0 0%
#34 Moffat/Muscat GRM HOLDEN 0 0%
#55 Mostert/Owen PRA FORD 1 3.45%
#56 Bright/Jacobson PRA FORD 1 3.45%
#62 Rullo/A.Davison LDM HOLDEN 1 3.45%
#78 de Silvestro/D.Russell NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#88 Whincup/Dumbrell 888 HOLDEN 7 24.14%
#97 van Gisbergen/Campbell 888 HOLDEN 6 20.69%
#99 Wood/Pither Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
#888 Lowndes/Richards 888 HOLDEN 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Mar 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3721977)   #1
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2017 Pirtek Enduro Cup (NOW WITH POLL)

Thought it was time for its own thread now that Supercars has released a list

Pirtek Enduro Cup field firms

9 spots still available, plus 1 main driver (3 Nissan, 3 Bjr, 2 LDM, 1 Tekno)

Wildcards are still an option
Old 27 Mar 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3721984)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nissan seems to be filled with Mr Le Brocq, Mr Fiore, Mr Wall & Mr Russell

BJR will likely be family focused, with Mr A.Jones & Mr M.Jones joining, with Mr Walsh expected back

LDM depends on credit cards clearing..

While Tekno is actually an unknown. You kind of get the feeling Mr Webb has done just about all there is to do as a part-timer.. may not be a surprise if he doesn't continue. Of course Speedcafe haven't bothered to ask...

Who might replace Mr Webb at Tekno? A local like Mr Hazelwood, or an international like Mr Lieb...

The wildcards will be interesting. If you believe the stories, there are as many as 8 teams working on the possibility of a one-off entry for Bathurst.

They would extend the field, and potentially not strengthen it..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Mar 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3722000)   #3
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The best part of the season.

We love the see the entire series move to a two driver endurance championship.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 23:52 (Ref:3722003)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
:

The wildcards will be interesting. If you believe the stories, there are as many as 8 teams working on the possibility of a one-off entry for Bathurst.

They would extend the field, and potentially not strengthen it..
For some, size is more important than quality, many on psoters on here would rather have 4 cars racing for the win and 40 cars altogether, rather than 12 cars racing for the win and 25 cars altogether
Old 28 Mar 2017, 04:39 (Ref:3722040)   #5
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
For some, size is more important than quality, many on psoters on here would rather have 4 cars racing for the win and 40 cars altogether, rather than 12 cars racing for the win and 25 cars altogether
I certainly enjoy a race between the tailenders.

Not just in Supercars but also in NASCAR - this year there is a reasonable number of drivers from teams with small budgets fighting for a top 30 to 35 finish.

Having an additional 8 cars would only add to this for the Supercar endurance races.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 05:03 (Ref:3722047)   #6
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My recent enduro-related thought is how many of us go misty-eyed for the likes of the Lusty brothers, Doulman/Cotter, Lansvale, etc - but we're really quick to criticise anybody these days who scrapes up the money by whatever means to get onto the track but isn't as fast as the stars.

Surely the machinery is closer than it used to be, but is this just rose-coloured glasses? Was it just better in the old days? Certainly the front runners always complained about the part timers getting in their way.

I like the addition of Dunlop cars, like the Russels last year, but it isn't the same. Thoughts?
Old 28 Mar 2017, 05:04 (Ref:3722048)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
My recent enduro-related thought is how many of us go misty-eyed for the likes of the Lusty brothers, Doulman/Cotter, Lansvale, etc - but we're really quick to criticise anybody these days who scrapes up the money by whatever means to get onto the track but isn't as fast as the stars.

Surely the machinery is closer than it used to be, but is this just rose-coloured glasses? Was it just better in the old days? Certainly the front runners always complained about the part timers getting in their way.

I like the addition of Dunlop cars, like the Russels last year, but it isn't the same. Thoughts?
ie LDM this year
Old 28 Mar 2017, 05:12 (Ref:3722050)   #8
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
ie LDM this year
Speaking of which, I wonder what sort of shape Alex Rullo will be in come enduro time. I think coming away with Adelaide and the GP under his belt without a major incident is damn good going.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3722077)   #9
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
TV wise, 40 cars or 25 cars doesn't make a difference

If i'm on the fence spectating, I want to see 40 cars, not 25. Around Bathurst you are staring at empty tarmac alot of the time with a field of 25, not what I pay my money to get in for.....
Old 28 Mar 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3722094)   #10
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
TV wise, 40 cars or 25 cars doesn't make a difference

If i'm on the fence spectating, I want to see 40 cars, not 25. Around Bathurst you are staring at empty tarmac alot of the time with a field of 25, not what I pay my money to get in for.....
TV wise, they will still only show the top 5 + Lowndes, and any crashes outside of that
Old 28 Mar 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3722099)   #11
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This comment fails to understand that, for some people, interest in a race amounts to more than just who is going to win. Anyway, if there were currently 12 cars racing for the win and 25 cars altogether, adding a few wild cards would surely still leave 12 cars racing for the win?
  • If MWM add a wild card Nissan, the interest will be how do they perform relative to the Kelly's 4.
  • If another sponsor saw value in continuing the Supergirls theme with the support from a tier one team, how would they perform relative to SDS?
  • Let's stretch the imagination, and say 10 spaces are offered to Super2 teams - but they don't have to spend on fuel rigs, they are allowed to use dry break churns. Obviously not racing for outright, but as a second class. Interest created - who wins that class? Can a Super2 break into the top 10 by the end? If not, then, how far up can a Super2 get?

Given the right field, "interest" can be so much more than just the podium.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 10:28 (Ref:3722118)   #12
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think that in any sport, the people who are the least competitive/viewed as being the least deserving to be there are going to get crapped on. In fairness, I think the guys who got complained about were usually once-a-year no names in outdated equipment who had no chance of qualifying inside the top 40. I'm not sure about the Lusties but Doulman/Cotter and the Lansvale guys were generally a lot faster and more capable then them, and in some cases were up amongst the slower of the professional teams.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3722124)   #13
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know I've posted this before but it more fittingly belongs in here that there'll be a Supergirls entry through Image/Dragon with Renee Gracie and Chelsea Angelo dependent on sponsorship as I'm aware Image have had a third VF built up specifically built up for this purpose
Old 28 Mar 2017, 22:04 (Ref:3722286)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
I know I've posted this before but it more fittingly belongs in here that there'll be a Supergirls entry through Image/Dragon with Renee Gracie and Chelsea Angelo dependent on sponsorship as I'm aware Image have had a third VF built up specifically built up for this purpose
I feel a bit like this is saying I have a car built for the Loch Ness monster pending sponsorship.

Does anybody really think the Supergirls entry has any cred without Simona?

Renee obviously has enough talent and commercial nous to get onto the grid, and she has attracted some quality sponsors - but her performances have always been lackluster in my opinion. I'm guessing that Chris Jewell owns the 'Supergirls' concept, and I wonder who is waiting in the wings to support this?

Given the financial clout you could probably never do better than Katie Page with regards to this.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 22:54 (Ref:3722302)   #15
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chris Jewel manages the commercial arrangements for both Gracie and SdS, along with the Supergirls thing.

I think the Supergirls tag is finished, for now. The Kellys would no doubt want to put someone alongside SdS that has the runs on the board, i.e. a male dirver.

The chances of Ms Gracie and Ms Angelo sharing a car, are quite unlikely.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 23:09 (Ref:3722303)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

The chances of Ms Gracie and Ms Angelo sharing a car, are quite unlikely.
What makes you think that? Surely if someone was prepared to put the money in both drivers would jump at the chance

I guess the lack of money is the issue (which may be the basis for your thought pattern) and i assume Harvey Norman would not want to be part of the plan.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 01:00 (Ref:3722313)   #17
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
I feel a bit like this is saying I have a car built for the Loch Ness monster pending sponsorship.

Does anybody really think the Supergirls entry has any cred without Simona?

Renee obviously has enough talent and commercial nous to get onto the grid, and she has attracted some quality sponsors - but her performances have always been lackluster in my opinion. I'm guessing that Chris Jewell owns the 'Supergirls' concept, and I wonder who is waiting in the wings to support this?

Given the financial clout you could probably never do better than Katie Page with regards to this.
Sponsorship wouldn't be a big problem in this move imo Renee has always been able to attract sponsors very easily. But this is by no means an insult to Chelsea she's a good driver but I think she's too underexperienced,I feel it would be a better solution if they were to revive to supergirls persona and run at Bathurst that they should look for another overseas driver to partner Renee someone like Pippa Mann, Katherine Legge etc. would be good options
Old 29 Mar 2017, 01:33 (Ref:3722322)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Sponsorship wouldn't be a big problem in this move imo Renee has always been able to attract sponsors very easily. But this is by no means an insult to Chelsea she's a good driver but I think she's too underexperienced,I feel it would be a better solution if they were to revive to supergirls persona and run at Bathurst that they should look for another overseas driver to partner Renee someone like Pippa Mann, Katherine Legge etc. would be good options
Honestly I am over Renee Gracie - I'd love to see the Supergirls concept continue, and for one of those girls to drive alongside SdS - but as stated previously Nissan may opt for someone with more local experience, so that means a bloke.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 03:05 (Ref:3722328)   #19
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Renee's, and her management's problem is that they insist that (up til this year), she's the only female driver competing in Supercars.

This attitude will only get you so far in the sport. Marketing execs that have been involved with Supercars, will know that this hasn't been entirely true, and furthermore, the savvy ones don't suffer the fools gladly.

So tell me where Ms Angelo is supposed to fit within this mantra?
Old 29 Mar 2017, 04:08 (Ref:3722334)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Molly Taylor... 2016 Australian Rally Champion...
Mixed it with some of the worlds best in Europe..

Could she make the transition to tar baby?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Mar 2017, 04:19 (Ref:3722335)   #21
Umai Naa
Veteran

Ticks a lot of boxes already.

Has tar AND Bathurst enduro experience, media-trained, fitness, sponsor-friendly.

Could she tame a Supercar though?
Old 29 Mar 2017, 04:19 (Ref:3722336)   #22
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Molly Taylor... 2016 Australian Rally Champion...
Mixed it with some of the worlds best in Europe..
Would love to see her have a lash at the 86 series to see how she goes!

I know she is lacking recent Supercars miles but Leanne Tander just won the Formula Fords last year, and has lots of laps around Bathurst?
Old 29 Mar 2017, 04:22 (Ref:3722337)   #23
Umai Naa
Veteran

Not sure Mrs Tander has that on her agenda now. Last I heard, she was going back into semi-retirement.

Big difference in commitment between semi-retirement from Formula Ford, compared to say, Mr Ingall's semi-retirement from Supercars.
Old 30 Mar 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3722662)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Nissan confirms Pirtek Enduro Cup line-up

Wall, Russell, Fiore, Le Brocq
Old 30 Mar 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3722665)   #25
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Renee's, and her management's problem is that they insist that (up til this year), she's the only female driver competing in Supercars.

This attitude will only get you so far in the sport. Marketing execs that have been involved with Supercars, will know that this hasn't been entirely true, and furthermore, the savvy ones don't suffer the fools gladly.

So tell me where Ms Angelo is supposed to fit within this mantra?
Confirmed interest here:
http://www.supercars.com/news/super2/holden-switch-for-renee-gracie/