Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Oct 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2306865)   #1
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We are coming back in 2009 this time with quite a number of Formula Juniors from Europe/UK, Australia and the USA. There will be FJ only races at Zwartkops, Killarney and East London (new for us) all counting for the 50 year Jubilee. The three meetings will take place on successive week-ends starting with the last w/e of January.

Last edited by John Turner; 16 Feb 2009 at 08:32.
Old 8 Oct 2008, 16:34 (Ref:2306898)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yea and im going .Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 8 Oct 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2307039)   #3
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This seems a reasonably well trodden path but having a quick look today, it is not evident how one goes about getting a car there, who to contact for entries etc. Anyone willing to share how it all works?
Old 9 Oct 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2307388)   #4
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roger

I think Alan Baillie and David Piper organise it. Marcus may well have a contact for Alan.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2307424)   #5
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Murray
Roger

I think Alan Baillie and David Piper organise it. Marcus may well have a contact for Alan.
Yes it is all based on the Piper/Knight ISP series, which must be into its 11th or 12th year - Alan has always organized the single seat contingent which now will include all the FJ cars. The best is probably to contact Mike Knight - I can pm you his email. Cars have to leave the docks in UK about mid December and come back mid March. You can take several cars! Some of the races are for two drivers, in multi seat cars you can get several races each week-end, a bit less for single seat. The cost which includes all transport (of cars and spares, including internal transport CT/Jo'burg and back), customs, entry fees is very reasonable. I think only the FJ cars are doing East London.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 11:42 (Ref:2307484)   #6
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa
The best is probably to contact Mike Knight - I can pm you his email.

Please.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2307490)   #7
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Abu Dhabi are due to have two Historic Meetings per year.This could start an alternative Winter Series if Dubai,Qatar and Bahrain join in
Old 9 Oct 2008, 11:50 (Ref:2307497)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hope you can come Roger it really is the best. Must try not to get run over next year dont bounce so well these days.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2307679)   #9
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
Please.
Done!
Old 9 Oct 2008, 16:33 (Ref:2307681)   #10
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Hope you can come Roger it really is the best. Must try not to get run over next year dont bounce so well these days.
Yes Delta really likes to try out the local hospitals. Prefer wineries myself...
Old 11 Oct 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2308967)   #11
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C u all there boys and girls taking a B8 and a Merlyn mk20 this time.
Old 11 Oct 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2309053)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminsh
C u all there boys and girls taking a B8 and a Merlyn mk20 this time.
That will upset the locals Jason if your driving. Dont foret to put the Dunlops on.
Old 11 Oct 2008, 13:14 (Ref:2309120)   #13
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
i've only ever run it on avon acb9's
Old 13 Oct 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2310929)   #14
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminsh
i've only ever run it on avon acb9's
They all use Avon now in South Africa
Old 13 Oct 2008, 09:54 (Ref:2310976)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Has anyone told Mr Baillee that.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2312268)   #16
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Has anyone told Mr Baillee that.
He knows it already as he ran his Merlyn Mk20 for me this year - we took some FJ tyres just in case but all the locals had new Avons (previously they ran their cars on road tyres). So I ended up using the Avons that were already on the car - they were pretty ropey by the end! I did one race with the FJ tyres and the car was 3" a lap slower! I must say that the car was fantastic to drive on the Avons. One thing for anybody running a FF at Zwartkops - you need to re-jet the carburettor (as I found to my cost!). The track is at about 1600 m altitude. It did not seem to effect the other types of car so much (not the FJ at least).
Old 27 Oct 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2322076)   #17
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
Thanks for that Marcus i'll take the other carb jetted for altitude and just swap em when i get too Killarney .
Old 31 Dec 2008, 17:49 (Ref:2363419)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
27 days till we fly of to SA. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Racing cars and sunshine.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 18:17 (Ref:2363432)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
27 days till we fly of to SA. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Racing cars and sunshine.

Snows more fun.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 19:19 (Ref:2363455)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
no its not - only just had the metal out!
Old 25 Jan 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2379211)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thought i better respond to Marcus comments on this thread as we leave on Tuesday.Re his comment about Delta "modern mechanic".We had a wiz kid on work expearience last year with a Degree in Mech Engineering i asked him to check the dwell angle on one of the Juniors poor lad was puzzeld all day.Will try and update on events if i can find a computor in the hotel my daughter wont let me take the lap top.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 04:12 (Ref:2379343)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Abu Dhabi are due to have two Historic Meetings per year.This could start an alternative Winter Series if Dubai,Qatar and Bahrain join in
If you could get the Qatari motorsport authorities to actually respond to mails, phone calls etc. you might be right!
Old 26 Jan 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2379580)   #23
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have found no one out in the middle east race tracks seems to want to reply to any faxes calls or emails!
Old 28 Jan 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2381492)   #24
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain has asked me to let everyone know that it's bucketing down with rain at Zwartkops at the moment...
Old 28 Jan 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2381552)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame.