Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 4 Sep 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3130655)   #376
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Me thinks the interns are messin' around!

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway...lts/?year=2012
They've combined the results from the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400. I don't quite see what the point is.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3130684)   #377
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe that answers my question above!!
Old 4 Sep 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3130748)   #378
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bourdais or Pagenaud for Penske!!!!
Old 4 Sep 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3130800)   #379
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Robin Miller, Pagenaud was Penske's first choice. However, he's locked down tight with Schmidt/Hamilton for the next couple of years.

Bourdais deserves a better ride, but unless he is offered the #38 car I can't really see him moving anywhere else, sponsorship permitting.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3130885)   #380
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Bourdais or Pagenaud for Penske!!!!
Pagenaud, he's younger.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 00:53 (Ref:3130920)   #381
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Interesting items in that link... Particularly with Briscoe getting on the front foot, rather than waiting for Penske - slightly odd, given he's "Roger's guy"...

I can't help but feel he's not overly happy there at the moment anyway, and is probably looking for a fresh start somewhere. I don't know if anyone else sees it the same way, but if Hunter-Reay was to go to Penske I reckon Briscoe would be a great fit at Andretti as his replacement...

Part of me also would like to see him back at Ganassi, and show more than he did with that awful Toyota lump last time he was with them.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3131523)   #382
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm. I dunno. I sensed Briscoe only just had the edge of Manning when they shared a team. Power is far better than both Helio and Ryan. Penske could do far better than either.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3132535)   #383
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Autosport UK mag from yesterday quoting RHR as saying he is a "very loyal person and want continuity". He's set to stay at AA.
Barrichello likely to line up at Schmidt-Hamilton alongside Pagenaud.
Also, EJ Viso talking about running his own program next year.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3134853)   #384
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Autosport UK mag from yesterday quoting RHR as saying he is a "very loyal person and want continuity". He's set to stay at AA.
Barrichello likely to line up at Schmidt-Hamilton alongside Pagenaud.
Also, EJ Viso talking about running his own program next year.
Here's the Autosport article on RHR.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102323
Old 13 Sep 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3135456)   #385
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
When Autosport says "X is set to...", it means it's days from being announced.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3135465)   #386
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
When Autosport says "X is set to...", it means it's days from being announced.
Or it simply means they just don't know and are hedging their bets.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3136175)   #387
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News and Rumors?
The 2013 schedule is a rumor.
The news is that no announcement will be made before the next board meeting.
When Randy gets fired.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3136347)   #388
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
News and Rumors?
The 2013 schedule is a rumor.
The news is that no announcement will be made before the next board meeting.
When Randy gets fired.
Source?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3136425)   #389
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
RHR signs for 2 years with Andretti.

http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpe...ear-extension/
Old 15 Sep 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3136440)   #390
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shocker!

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...after-fontana/
Old 15 Sep 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3136596)   #391
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Roger Penske said Saturday that banned NASCAR driver A.J. Allmendinger is an option for the team’s three-car IndyCar operation as soon as he is reinstated.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3136954)   #392
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be good to see AJ back in an open wheeler...
Old 17 Sep 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3137068)   #393
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer to see a higher quality and more open-wheel experienced driver than Allmendinger in a competitive ride like the #2 Penske car...
Old 17 Sep 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3137110)   #394
v2i59
Rookie

v2i59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else Penske should consider Justin Wilson? He's a very good driver who's scrambled a few wins for underfunded teams over the years and I think he's deserving of a go with one of the top teams.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3137133)   #395
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
I prefer to see a higher quality and more open-wheel experienced driver than Allmendinger in a competitive ride like the #2 Penske car...
AJ was good in open wheeler - winning all the ladder series he entered & 5 races in 06 Champcar Series...
Old 17 Sep 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3137140)   #396
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I would love to see AJ back in Single-seaters. His time with Forsythe was mega.

Proper rough-and-ready, tenacious driver. Not afraid of making a move. Bring it!

Although, i thought Shank would have dibs on him if he were to get an engine for his DW12....
Old 17 Sep 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3137201)   #397
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Roger Penske said Saturday that banned NASCAR driver A.J. Allmendinger is an option for the team’s three-car IndyCar operation as soon as he is reinstated.
I would think Mr Bourdais to be a better bet...

Where to for Mr Briscoe?

And will Mr Power survive the melonmushing of 3 years & 3 second placings?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Sep 2012, 12:44 (Ref:3137212)   #398
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Pagenaud or Bourdais for that 3rd seat. Pagenaud might be the better bet as he's young although I'd like to see SB there for sentimental reasons. He's probably already spoken for at young Penske's outfit though. Is Briscoe completely out of the picture to be retained? Will that 3rd Penske entrant definitely go ahead in '13?
Old 17 Sep 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3137216)   #399
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
The impression i got was that the 3rd car would only exist for RHR.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3137443)   #400
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Pagenaud or Bourdais for that 3rd seat. Pagenaud might be the better bet as he's young although I'd like to see SB there for sentimental reasons. He's probably already spoken for at young Penske's outfit though. Is Briscoe completely out of the picture to be retained? Will that 3rd Penske entrant definitely go ahead in '13?
Pagenaud is locked into a contract with Honda & Schmidt. Bourdais is to sign a new deal with Dragon and Briscoe is likely to replace Rahal at Ganassi (second time around).

Penske has the equipment, just needs someone to write the check.