Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 13 Aug 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3289275)   #1376
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Luca Filippi and JR Hildebrand to share Herta IndyCar drive

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109258
Old 13 Aug 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3289313)   #1377
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Marshall Pruett discusses Tony Kanaan's options for 2014.

To me, his best options apart from KV are Ganassi and Schmidt. I think that choosing Bryan Herta, Panther or Dale Coyne would be stepping back a lot.

I'm surprised by this phrase:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Kanaan
For the best teams, everyone knows that's like $6 million.
That sounds cheap. Is he including his salary, or is that an extra 1-2 million?
Old 14 Aug 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3289792)   #1378
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montoya to Indycar?
http://www.racer.com/montoya-set-to-...rticle/307286/
Old 14 Aug 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3289816)   #1379
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
If Montoya were to return, I wonder which team would have him. I think all the drives have been taken for the rest of this season but witMuscle Milk joining the frey next year, a driver with his experience would be an asset.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 18:25 (Ref:3289817)   #1380
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ganassi goes to a 4 car op next year I expect he would be a contender for a seat there
Old 14 Aug 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3289820)   #1381
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
If Ganassi goes to a 4 car op next year I expect he would be a contender for a seat there
That's going to require a hefty budget.
Old 15 Aug 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3290257)   #1382
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Unless someone is willing to write a massive check, I would doubt it.
Old 15 Aug 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3290267)   #1383
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Journalists have been saying that Chip wants a fourth driver. Briscoe and Kanaan are good options.
Old 15 Aug 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3290283)   #1384
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Unless someone is willing to write a massive check, I would doubt it.
Hence the wink. I don't think he'd come back anyway, not sure his ego would allow?
Old 15 Aug 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3290436)   #1385
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Indycar needs a driver like Montoya again, it will give the same boost to the television rates just as the case with Rubens joining I think.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3291023)   #1386
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Indycar needs a driver like Montoya again, it will give the same boost to the television rates just as the case with Rubens joining I think.
I agree and I shall welcome him back, but you have to wonder if JPM is in shape for IndyCar at this point, a driver's weight being of almost no matter at all in NASCAR. Even AJ Allmendinger had to get back in shape before this season.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3291038)   #1387
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
I agree and I shall welcome him back, but you have to wonder if JPM is in shape for IndyCar at this point, a driver's weight being of almost no matter at all in NASCAR. Even AJ Allmendinger had to get back in shape before this season.
No doubt! Seems like he hasn't exercised since July 2006 (LOL), In the Nascar thread, I have linked a interview with him in his motorhome, and he was not shy in describing McDonalds as the best food after a win...

Juan, get back to training and get back to Indycar!
Old 18 Aug 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3291403)   #1388
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hence the wink. I don't think he'd come back anyway, not sure his ego would allow?
Not sure he wants to go backwards and step down his career you mean?

Makes sense, he can go into the new united Sports Car series and probably earn some money instead of probably having to pay for his ride in Indycar....

I don't see this being anything but wishful thinking tbh.

I too would love to see it happen, it'd be great to see his overtaking moves and ballsy driving in a series that atm is based on fuel runs and push to pass, but as I say, I don't see it happening, sadly
Old 18 Aug 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3291420)   #1389
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I have linked a interview with him in his motorhome, and he was not shy in describing McDonalds as the best food after a win...
Ganassi is sponsored by McDonalds...just saying.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3291421)   #1390
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ganassi is sponsored by McDonalds...just saying.
So there is such a thing as a free lunch, for some people.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 19 Aug 2013 at 06:39. Reason: typo - just realised, :)
Old 19 Aug 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3291543)   #1391
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Verizon will likely be entering the Canadian Market early next year as well, although that's not likely to sit well with Roger's (Owner of Canadian TV rights and also a large cellular service provider in Canada)
I hadn't heard that. More competition for the Rogers/Telus/Bell triumvirate can't be a bad thing.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 04:05 (Ref:3291563)   #1392
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In the Nascar thread, I have linked a interview with him in his motorhome, and he was not shy in describing McDonalds as the best food after a win...
He must have a bloody good memory?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Aug 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3291718)   #1393
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
I hadn't heard that. More competition for the Rogers/Telus/Bell triumvirate can't be a bad thing.
You haven't heard/seen those ads that that the triumvirate are running claiming that letting Verizon in would be unfair? Verizon is supposedly looking at buying Wind and Mobilicity, as well as bidding on the new spectrum auction.

It's a bit of a joke since those three bought up the competitors like Fido, Virgin and Clearnet. Fortunately Harper is doing the populist thing and is not going to block this.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...olicy-changes/
Old 19 Aug 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3291743)   #1394
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You haven't heard/seen those ads that that the triumvirate are running claiming that letting Verizon in would be unfair? Verizon is supposedly looking at buying Wind and Mobilicity, as well as bidding on the new spectrum auction.

It's a bit of a joke since those three bought up the competitors like Fido, Virgin and Clearnet. Fortunately Harper is doing the populist thing and is not going to block this.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...olicy-changes/
Thanks, I tend to be completely out of the current events/popular media loop. Comes from not watching TV much I guess.

Rogers and Bell claiming unfairness... ha ha ah aha ha hahahhaha *cough* *choke* *splutter*

Sorry, back on topic now.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3291785)   #1395
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Briscoe back for Sonoma.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109335
Old 19 Aug 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3291805)   #1396
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Montoya back to Indycars...with Andretti? Michael Andretti is trying to find a sponsor to bring #42-Juan Pablo Montoya back to IndyCar with Andretti Autosport. "I have talked to Juan about IndyCar and told him 'Hell yeah, let's find a way to put something together,' " Andretti told The Associated Press on Monday. "I've driven against him and I think he's one of the best drivers I've ever driven against. It just comes down to sponsorship. So we're looking, and if it's a possibility, we want to do something with him." Andretti only had conversations with Montoya last week after the Colombian learned from Chip Ganassi that he wouldn't be re-signed to Ganassi's NASCAR team for an eighth season. Montoya has been out of open wheel racing since he left Formula One in 2006 to rejoin Ganassi in NASCAR, and he's not ruling out any series now that he's looking for work. He told AP on Monday a return to IndyCar isn't out of the question, but wouldn't reveal what teams he's spoken to so far.(Associated Press)(8-19-2013)
Old 19 Aug 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3291810)   #1397
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andretti is getting pretty good at creating stories to keep Indycar in the news, just like with the Kurt Busch test.

Carlos Munoz deserves a chance more than Montoya.
Old 19 Aug 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3291819)   #1398
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Montoya will be one of these carnival names like Barrichello was. Not saying Montoya shouldn't get a seat with Andretti mind you. JP may make hay with it.
Old 20 Aug 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3291995)   #1399
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montoya will not be driving for peanuts like most of the other drivers, so Andretti better come up with a massive sponsor.
Old 20 Aug 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3292045)   #1400
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
If so, will Andretti field five cars, or will one of the existing drivers disappear? Viso would seem to be the odd man out, but he's looked pretty good this year IMHO.

Carlos Munoz filled in for Briscoe in race #2 in Toronto - I wonder if he's the odds-on favourite for the Panther seat next year?