Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3310052)   #151
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I'm responding to being grossly misrepresented and gross misrepresentation. Trolling in short. I made a proportionate response in kind.
So what you are saying is that the actions of another justifies breaking rules and behaving badly.

So for me you have now ruined your point completely. Which is a shame as I was appreciative of your point.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3310070)   #152
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And to you too!
Old 27 Sep 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3310079)   #153
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

The fact that this thread exists at all saddens me, though. Tenths is better than this.
There was a time when I thought that Tenths was better than this, but not anymore, and not for along time. And the main reason that I don't bother visiting the forum much these days.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3310082)   #154
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Christ, it we're too low brow for Mr V we really are in trouble.

(JOKE! )
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3310096)   #155
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All a bit pedantic ans sad if you ask me

A few people don't like the way a driver behaves and what is happening in the sport and get taken apart on here by those that do like him

One side always wins, one side always has the last word

It's the nature of forums, and though some people are allowed opinion, other are ignored.

Much like real life it seems!
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3310117)   #156
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
All a bit pedantic ans sad if you ask me

A few people don't like the way a driver behaves and what is happening in the sport and get taken apart on here by those that do like him

One side always wins, one side always has the last word

It's the nature of forums, and though some people are allowed opinion, other are ignored.

Much like real life it seems!
I think people for the most part are discussing the subject without creating problems...
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3310120)   #157
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
There was a time when I thought that Tenths was better than this, but not anymore, and not for along time. And the main reason that I don't bother visiting the forum much these days.
It is better than this, a lot better otherwise you would not be here ..
Old 27 Sep 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3310201)   #158
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
It is better than this, a lot better otherwise you would not be here ..
Tbh mate, I used to visit this forum because I really enjoyed it, now I find myself browsing through habit because I have nothing better to do.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3310252)   #159
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Okay well during one of those " I have nothing better to do moments " make a list and email it to me...
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3310257)   #160
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
At Silverstone when Vettel retired there was booing and distasteful cheering.
Please don't criticise one of the best moments of the 2013 British GP.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3310263)   #161
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As a working man I'm allowed to.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3310264)   #162
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So what you are saying is that the actions of another justifies breaking rules and behaving badly.

So for me you have now ruined your point completely. Which is a shame as I was appreciative of your point.
I think voicing one's disapproval does not constitute behaving badly or if it does offend etiquette due to its ill-timing then it's a minor thing really. I don't think it unduly inconveniences anyone with the possible exception of the marketers who like that 'feel good' factor and are bemused when their plans go awry. One for the booper reel perhaps.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3310265)   #163
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Adam, you really need a reality check. Don't start quoting rules to people who are simply responding to a misrepresented post.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3310266)   #164
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Attacking the poster is not allowed on 10-10ths. Even in response to something. For a very good reason.
And my underlying point about two wrongs was perfectly valid.

Having to respond with an insult because someone did something they didn't like perfectly demonstrated my point.

I thought you were trying to lighten the mood with your last post #160. I went with that, but now were back with something less fun oh well it seems that is what is wanted, sorry mr v.

Last edited by Adam43; 27 Sep 2013 at 23:40.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3310267)   #165
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Attacking the poster is not allowed on 10-10ths. Even in response to something.
I must have missed the provision in the rules where it is permitted to grossly misrepresent the members' views and then sneer at them. Given the failure in moderation, I felt obliged to defend myself and I'm the one that gets attacked for that. Your forum I guess.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3310268)   #166
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Attacking the poster is not allowed on 10-10ths. Even in response to something. For a very good reason.
And my point about two wrongs was perfectly valid.
If asking somebody to acquire some literary skills and to stop misrepresenting them is attacking the poster then half of all the posts on this entire forum probably need removing.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3310270)   #167
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I thought you were trying to lighten the mood with your last post #160. I went with that, but now were back with something less fun oh well it seems that is what is wanted, sorry mr v.
I was trying to do that, but as I was catching up on a whole days worth of posts I eventually reached the inevitable part where you once again go all Moderator Jobs-worth on the side of the argument you less favour.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3310274)   #168
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
No, not my forum.

And I am surprised that such literate people couldn't find a way of expressing that the post was misrepresentative without needing to resort to an insult.

Happy to help with moderation, if you have a problem just contact one of us. No real moderation hat on here as I'm involved in the discussion. I mentioned a rule to make my point not moderate,
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3310275)   #169
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool View Post
I was trying to do that, but as I was catching up on a whole days worth of posts I eventually reached the inevitable part where you once again go all Moderator Jobs-worth on the side of the argument you less favour.
Not very committed to cause of lightening the mood are you?

I'm perfectly happy with having people disagree with me.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:56 (Ref:3310277)   #170
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right children, if you can't play nicely you don't play at all.

Absolutely ****ing pathetic some of you.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3310437)   #171
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Damn, I was just about to boo again...
Old 30 Sep 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3311070)   #172
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I must have missed the provision in the rules where it is permitted to grossly misrepresent the members' views and then sneer at them. Given the failure in moderation, I felt obliged to defend myself and I'm the one that gets attacked for that. Your forum I guess.
[admin]
No guessing and it's MY forum incidentally. If you have a problem with my hardworking volunteer staff daring to have their own opinion on a discussion in a forum that they don't even moderate, then do feel free to address your complaints directly to me by PM.

It will be refreshing to be able to send you a full and frank response, since I have most definitely paid the money to put your posts online and therefore, I have full autonomy to express my displeasure in any way I see fit. Apparently.

Guys, I'm really tired of the mods on this site not actually being allowed to join in on a discussion without getting abuse. It's getting to be like Godwin's second law - the moment a moderator expresses an opinion, 2 or 3 posters will get on their high horse and claim they're being picked on and the thread will die.

It's a forum. People have opinions. Get over it or go chat on Facebook where you can choose to only speak with people who agree with you.
[/admin]

Now for my own personal opinion - booing someone who has legitimately won something is simply bad manners.

I don't see why bad behaviour has to be tolerated in one sport, just because it is in another and I don't see why buying a ticket entitles you to behave badly either.
Closed Thread