Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2022, 12:11 (Ref:4130977)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
United States Grand Prix 2022: Grand Prix Weekend Thread - Round 19 of 22

On holiday for the next two weekends, but here is the thread to discuss events.
Old 21 Oct 2022, 12:50 (Ref:4130984)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My son and I arrived in the Austin area last light after a two day road trip from North Carolina. Hopefully it will be a few few days.

Richard
Old 21 Oct 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4130992)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy the weekend Richard!
Old 21 Oct 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4130993)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now Verstappen has won his second WDC, the remaining races are a bit of an afterthought. However, so far he has has won 12 races this season, so can he beat Micheal Schumacher's and Sebastien Vettel's record of 13 races in a season and can Lewis Hamilton finally get that first win, in order to prevent what might be a winless season?
Old 21 Oct 2022, 19:11 (Ref:4131029)   #5
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Giovinazzi's quest for a 2023 set not going according to plan...

Red flag when he crashes after a full 4 minutes of practice.
Old 22 Oct 2022, 03:05 (Ref:4131043)   #6
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Enjoy the weekend Richard!
Thanks. We had a good time. I felt there were quite a few people in attendance today. A day in which the crowd is supposed to be lighter. I expect it to be a madhouse on Sunday.

We watched FP1 from just after turn one and FP2 from turn 11. It seemed windy today. Both constant and gusty. Mostly blowing from turn 1 back toward start/finish, but I think it made braking unto turn 11 tricky. We saw quite a few lockups into 11. It may have been aggravated by the 2023 tire they were testing as well.

Richard
Old 22 Oct 2022, 09:53 (Ref:4131062)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Championship over, but still a lot to fight for. Ferrari looking good in practice as they always do. Big mistake by Giovinazzi
Old 23 Oct 2022, 11:05 (Ref:4131171)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So someone remind me, what is Giovinazzi doing there and why is it thought that he should still have a place in F1?
Old 23 Oct 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4131176)   #9
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awfully quiet on this thread!
Old 23 Oct 2022, 13:08 (Ref:4131178)   #10
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Click image for larger version

Name:	312530996_10159388518038759_974323105098047653_n~2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	76348
Via espn Facebook. I lolled
Old 23 Oct 2022, 16:17 (Ref:4131190)   #11
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was more enjoying DR in a sweet old Cadilincoln passing the field
Old 23 Oct 2022, 19:10 (Ref:4131204)   #12
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Ugh terrible start for hope of an interesting race up front.
Old 23 Oct 2022, 19:11 (Ref:4131205)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I missed the start but Russell gets a 5 second penalty for running into Sainz, spinning him round and out of the race.

Verstappen leads.
Old 23 Oct 2022, 19:49 (Ref:4131209)   #14
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Martin Brundell on the Aston Martin payroll? He NEVER criticises Stroll regardless
Old 23 Oct 2022, 19:57 (Ref:4131210)   #15
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Is Martin Brundell on the Aston Martin payroll? He NEVER criticises Stroll regardless
Nor Russell ... even when he screws up like he obviously did
Old 23 Oct 2022, 20:47 (Ref:4131214)   #16
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Verstappen is an absolute monster right now. Unbelievable, unstoppable. Possibly his best win of the year.
Old 23 Oct 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4131215)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Red Bull on winning the WCC, their 5th.

Congrats to Verstappen. He made up for that bad pitstop. He now equals Micheal Schumacher's and Sebastien Vettel's record of 13 races in a season. He has 3 more races left in which he can break it.
Old 24 Oct 2022, 06:04 (Ref:4131250)   #18
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Red Bull on winning the WCC, their 5th.

Congrats to Verstappen. He made up for that bad pitstop. He now equals Micheal Schumacher's and Sebastien Vettel's record of 13 races in a season. He has 3 more races left in which he can break it.
Except they did it when the Championship was around 16 events ….
Old 24 Oct 2022, 06:39 (Ref:4131253)   #19
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Except they did it when the Championship was around 16 events ….
18 and 19 to be accurate.
Old 24 Oct 2022, 06:52 (Ref:4131255)   #20
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You stop it with your actual facts, it’ll never catch on!
Old 24 Oct 2022, 07:00 (Ref:4131256)   #21
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Alonso penalty of 30 seconds, becuase of a lose wing mirror. Seems horribly harsh considering what he went through in that race. The stewards however set out their stall on this sort of thing earlier in the season by penalising Haas for the same sort of thing, so lo and behold it is Haas that complain and force the penalty this time.
Old 24 Oct 2022, 07:08 (Ref:4131257)   #22
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
18 and 19 is 'around' 16....

Old 24 Oct 2022, 07:21 (Ref:4131258)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great recovery by Max to win that one and perfect tribute to Dietrich. Really unlucky for Sainz on lap one. Nasty crash between Stroll and Alonso, shame Alonso got the penalty after all his efforts.
Old 24 Oct 2022, 08:33 (Ref:4131268)   #24
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
18 and 19 is 'around' 16....

So's 23 then
Old 24 Oct 2022, 08:39 (Ref:4131269)   #25
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Like I said around