Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 13 Dec 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2999244)   #1
Richard G Hilsden
Rookie

Richard G Hilsden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1981 Tricentrol RAC British Saloon Car Season discussion & results

Just reviving this thread with some pictures I have just uploaded from Mallory park, 1981 http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard...n/photostream/

Last edited by chunterer; 13 Dec 2011 at 17:23. Reason: Thought it would be good to start a 1981 season thread with this richard!
Old 13 Dec 2011, 17:34 (Ref:2999259)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G Hilsden View Post
Just reviving this thread with some pictures I have just uploaded from Mallory park, 1981 http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard...n/photostream/
Fabulous, and rare images Richard, many thanks for sharing!

Amongst those is a shot of the yellow 'Track Marshall' logo'd Capri driven by Chuck Nicholson which came up in the Capri thread. We haven't had a close up of that car anywhere yet!!

Think we established that it was an ex Vince Woodman car and eventually ended up in Skid Scarborough's hands?

Other Capris in evidence are Vince's own car (#3), Gordon Spice's (#1), Andy Rouse's (#6) think Nick Whiting's car in a Rover sandwich?

Anyone fancy kicking off the season results as per the other threads?
Old 14 Dec 2011, 08:29 (Ref:2999572)   #3
Frank de Jong
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Frank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFrank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Richard, this is Frank; beautiful pics once again, I won't hesitate to include some of them on my site if that is once again allright with you. Your 87/88 pictures will be live on my site soon (this week) amidst many, many others...
Old 14 Dec 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2999589)   #4
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Some great pics there, and a few mysteries to identify.

Looking at the results as posted by Frank here
http://homepage.mac.com/frank_de_jon...ry%20Park.html

...the only Scirocco at Mallory seems to have been for Peter Buxtorf- is this his car?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard...in/photostream

The Fiesta behind him is an easy one to recognise though- that red & gold paintjob suggests it's the Julian May/Pegasus Mouldings car.
Looking at the results, I'm guessing this is Terry Nightingale- the only other Fiesta listed at Mallory is David da Costa's white Haynes car
The Mini at the back of this group must be Tim Goss
Old 14 Dec 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2999602)   #5
Richard G Hilsden
Rookie

Richard G Hilsden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank de Jong View Post
Hi Richard, this is Frank; beautiful pics once again, I won't hesitate to include some of them on my site if that is once again allright with you. Your 87/88 pictures will be live on my site soon (this week) amidst many, many others...
Hi there Frank, You certainly can use them for your website, as your site is very useful for the entry lists
Old 17 Sep 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3305329)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
the start of the 1981 season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OIqagDLIqw