Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jun 2003, 01:51 (Ref:646689)   #1
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Note to all "Ralfbashers".....

I woke up this morning on a high about the great race last night. Then jumped on the forum & what do you know? Some of you are still bagging Ralf!

You all need to get your boring little worn out "Michael's little brother & he doesn't deserve a drive" attitude, eat a humble pie & face facts.

And that is the man is fast, he's not just in it because of his name & Williams are now a SERIOUS contender and going by the last 3 races they have a better car than Ferrari.

And if things continue as they are & you can get your head out your stubborn a** you would realise that a Williams driver can win the WDC.

And if they do and you may need a calculator for this one, but by my maths that gives Ralf a 50% chance.
And don't be fooled by my name, either way I will be happy.

Isn't that what we all want? An interesting championship?

What does a guy have to do to get some credibility around here?

You all rave about how good Monty is & with good reason, if anyone else was JPM's partner (except MS & Kimi) he would wipe the floor with them! That's how good Monty is.

So how good is Ralf???

And I'm not going to **** on about his stats in comparison to his team mates but apart from his brother, Ralf's is up there with the best! And that's best way to judge a driver isn't it?

So guys you can no longer ignore the obvious, swallow the bitter pill & give it up.

So go Ralf! Go Monty! Go Kimi! Stick it to the great man!
And let's all drink to the fact that we finally have a great championship on our hands.
Amen
Old 30 Jun 2003, 02:00 (Ref:646697)   #2
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fully agree

Ralf is doing very well isn't he
Old 30 Jun 2003, 02:28 (Ref:646712)   #3
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Note to all "Ralfbashers".....

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf
And I'm not going to **** on about his stats in comparison to his team mates but apart from his brother, Ralf's is up there with the best! And that's best way to judge a driver isn't it?

So guys you can no longer ignore the obvious, swallow the bitter pill & give it up.

So go Ralf! Go Monty! Go Kimi! Stick it to the great man!
And let's all drink to the fact that we finally have a great championship on our hands.
Amen
I cant agree more, I am more a Monty fan(scence I have watched him in CART), but I like Ralf a lot too and am glad he won

Go Ralph, Go Monty, Go Williams F1!!!! they're back

Last edited by boom boom; 30 Jun 2003 at 02:31.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 05:06 (Ref:646753)   #4
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Ralf hasn't thrown away two sure wins, has yet to go postal on a camera man, and hasn't stolen money from BAT. He can't possibly be any good.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 06:46 (Ref:646782)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
But Ralf hasn't thrown away two sure wins
Montoya threw away the win in Australia, correct, but which other race?
Old 30 Jun 2003, 06:46 (Ref:646783)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf (member), I applaud you for a very good post. As a Montoya fan, I too think Ralf (driver) deserves a bit more credit after his brilliant performances lately, and I think suggesting that Montoya did better than Ralf yesterday (like someone did) is ludicrous, to say the least. No doubt, Ralf outperformed JPM both in qualifying and in the race, and thoroughly deserved his victory.

Williams have two very good drivers, not one. Most team mates would be blown away by either of them, the way they are driving at the moment.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 07:57 (Ref:646845)   #7
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
top driver by Ralf he outclassed jpm all weekend . Ralf is perfroming stronger everytime he goes out on that track

TOP JOB

i'am waiting Damon
Old 30 Jun 2003, 08:33 (Ref:646887)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see why both Ralf & JPM supporters don't enjoy the fact that the car's winning regardless of who wins rather than bicker about which drivers better. With the Williams BMW in top form as well as having two in form drivers i can see Ralf & JPM making the second half of the season very interesting.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 09:20 (Ref:646931)   #9
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now they seem to have the best package; in particular their hopes are tyied to tires.
FW, intervieewed by italian RAI just after the race put them at the first place.
Michelin superiority is becoming wider and wider.
For now all MS has to do is to hope that Ralf and JPM steal points from each other.
This way, if he keeps consistent, with some wet GP hopefully occurring, could grant him the 6th title.
Harder to predict that Bridgestone catch up the french tivals in the short time
Old 30 Jun 2003, 10:56 (Ref:647025)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think part of the reaason why there's so much friction between JPM fans and Ralf fans, other than how different they are as people, their very different styles on track, and their bitter dislike of each other, is taht their abilities are quite close. personally I'd place Montoya a little higherr, but Ralf is very good, no doubt about it.

He does have every chance of the title - I see it as a four-way fight, with Williams as the only team who could win with both drivers. There are a few low-downforce tracks to come - Monza and Silverstone especially, which could suit Williams, so the title could be there. We have a thrilling, clsoe championship,a nd I'll drink to that.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 11:06 (Ref:647040)   #11
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Note to all "Ralfbashers".....

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf
eat a humble pie & face facts.
im begining to think i may have to, maybe the critasism is finally getting to him, words from the boss and everything, he impressed me, and thats not easy.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 11:29 (Ref:647063)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
and their bitter dislike of each other
There is no bitter dislike - it's just a normal intra-team rivalry that was blown out of all proportion by the media. It was perfectly obvious on the podium yesterday that they were both happy with the outcome of the race, and JPM congratulated Ralf on winning. I don't get all this "they hate each other" stuff, I really don't.

Great post, Ralf, I agree completely.

Perhaps Ralf (now I'm talking about the driver, not the poster ) is one of those people who thrives on having his back against the wall. He was coming in for a lot of criticism from all quarters a few weeks ago, so he stuck the car on pole twice. Then he was given stick for not trying to pass TGF in Canada so he blasted past him at the start of the race yesterday and cruised to a win. Whatever is being said at Williams at the moment is certainly working, and now we have a much more interesting championship. At the moment I can't see Ralf or Montoya winning it, but with the rub of the green, who knows?

Here's to a far more exciting championship battle than what we've been used to in recent years.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Jun 2003, 11:39 (Ref:647069)   #13
jonathanc
Racer

jonathanc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its great for the championship.... but still think JPM is over hyped and RS is given too much credit. All IMHO of course.

Roll on the next 8 races
Old 30 Jun 2003, 11:48 (Ref:647077)   #14
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by jonathanc
RS is given too much credit.
TOO MUCH? Are you mad? There are only about 4 people around here who give him any credit most of the time!

Which is why I love times like this, because I get to say "I told you so".
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Jun 2003, 12:09 (Ref:647105)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good times for Ralf's fans !

I bet Moffie is the happiest around !
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:04 (Ref:647156)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ralf - get a grip on yourself mun, its 1 race ...... mark webber's 6th place finish was a far better drive
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:20 (Ref:647179)   #17
Warrior21
Rookie

Warrior21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hardly, a brillant performace. Ralf's win was a good journeyman's drive and a lot of luck - Kimie's motor blowing up - he didn't make any mistakes - that's why the pay hin 12 mil a year. As to his chances of winning the WDC his past performances rule that out.

This was one of the best F1 races in ther past 3 years! I wonder what Ralf would have done if he was in, either, JPM seat or TGF seat during that little incident.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:48 (Ref:647216)   #18
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior21
Ralf's win was a good journeyman's drive and a lot of luck
Can't agree with that. A win is a win. Ralf may never be Senna, but he put together a blinding race yesterday. Don't forget, races start on Saturday now, so Ralf's qualifying is what put him in a good position, coupled with a good start, and pace on circuit when he needed it. Sounds anything but journeyman to me. He didn't overtake anyone - but thats F1 for you.
I don't think there is luck in motor racing. Kimi's engine blew becuase it wasn't run or put together properly, it happens to every team.

Quote:
This was one of the best F1 races in ther past 3 years
Thats just depressing, although it was reasonably entertaining.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:55 (Ref:647226)   #19
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never thought I'd agree with anyone who calls himself 'Irv the Swerve', but spot on!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 14:25 (Ref:647255)   #20
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf pulled through, and yesterday I think should shut the book on any doubts. Now he's one of the front running drivers properly. He's performed the last few races consistantly, the car has come along, obviously the team behind him is working well which is as important. It's come together and NOW he looks like WDC material because his pace was also there.
He drove fast, and that is the thing I've wondered about, how long before his ability to have fast pace would get there. I think his seat should be fairly secure. Williams has the engine, drivers and more and more, it seem like a chasis (my goodness!) to tackle for the championship.

Hard to think just a few months ago Renault looked like taking No 3 from them. ^_^
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 14:55 (Ref:647277)   #21
R
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
mark webber's 6th place finish was a far better drive
Difficult to compare, as we didn't see Webber much (did we see him at all?!?) Ralf's drive was brilliant, but we have to give Webber credit too. He finished 6th, best of the rest outside the top 4 teams. A good performance.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 18:09 (Ref:647484)   #22
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He still didn't overtake his brother - his car's software and the cleaner side of the track did that. JPM's move was a bit optimistic, but at least he showed that he wouldn't have sat behind MS for 40 odd laps. Nor would any other racing driver, come to that.
This isn't a flame, this is how I feel. I'm too old to understand the 'fan' thing that is prevalent in F1 nowadays. Me, I'm a fan of any RACING driver. But Ralf - he has all the charisma of wet fish. I mean, does he pratice that face-like-a-smacked-arse look that he seems to perpetually wear?
Old 30 Jun 2003, 18:22 (Ref:647498)   #23
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
again with the yay ralf thing!!

I think ralf's just as good a driver as his brother, I wish people wouldn't compare them, I know I hate it when people compare me to my sister, as we're totally different people, same with ralf and micheal!!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 18:30 (Ref:647505)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ralf is a good driver and he did very well on Sunday. However, I reckon I am fairly safe in saying that Michael is a better driver than Ralf.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 18:40 (Ref:647518)   #25
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
top driver by Ralf he outclassed jpm all weekend . Ralf is perfroming stronger everytime he goes out on that track

TOP JOB

i'am waiting Damon
I'm here! You use the term outclassed very easily when it suits you Mark. I think "outclassed" is a little far fetched in this instance, it's not like Melboure, Brazil, Spain or Austria this year where JPM has been leading while Ralf is scrapping it out in 6th, 7th or 8th. Ralf outqualified JPM on heavier fuel on Saturday and that is what won him the race on Sunday. They both drove equally superb races but Ralf's effort on saturday was enough alone to make him the deserved winner of the race.