Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Aug 2003, 12:22 (Ref:679521)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
after will power's showing yesterday, if he can find a team he likes and stick around for a year i'd say he's got a pretty good chance of winning. look what dahlgren did in the fortec car compared to power, then compare track knowledge etc and i think we have a winner...

nelson piquet jnr has unquestionable talent, sorry. don't know if you were watching at the suicide chicane but he was so committed and accurate through there in qualifying. if you stuck him in a manor car he'd be running away with it now.

as for andrew, i shall believe it when i see it. the entire hitech team seemed to have an almighty stinky weekend at rockingham though so i don't think he had too much of a chance.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 22:52 (Ref:680011)   #27
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I said in this topic back on 22 July Will Power is a very talented driver with a very limited budget. If he can stay in F3 next year he will be a front runner for sure. He was last years Australian Champ in Formula Holden (F3000) and raced F3 as well downunder. His showing this weekend was no surprise to knowledgeable (those who are not mesmerised by V8 Supercars) Aussie racing fans. He is possibly the most naturally talented young Aussie to come to Europe since Mark Webber.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 02:03 (Ref:680101)   #28
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

jamescrofts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 Champion

Nathan Davies! from Wales
Old 7 Aug 2003, 12:11 (Ref:681964)   #29
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone fancy bunging up a poll on this? Who would we have as contenders? I reckon Half-Nelson Piquet, Racing Green, Adam OK Corral and Will 2 Power would have to be in there.

Dannyboy Watts and Will Lexdavisonsonson?

There's some guys who've been in the Champ Class for at least 2 years already, like Alan Van-Swerver, Richard Antipasti and Baby Austin, who're all in with a chance if they stay for another year, but would they? (Should they?)

I guess there should be a "Somebody new from outside current British F3" category and a "Somebody else you haven't listed"...?

And obviously Andrew "Tommy Gun" Thompson!
Old 9 Aug 2003, 11:08 (Ref:683604)   #30
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think adam carroll is the best in the series but there are many drivers i think that could do it and then eventually do it in some other series........

adams results are nothing to his talent and he has made rob austin look pretty, well not a good ever since coming in at silverstone. but also i think the guys in the top team are good, even watts and piquet. robert aswell. a few more...
Old 11 Aug 2003, 12:33 (Ref:684960)   #31
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flex, mate,

I'm increasingly with you regarding Adam. Just getting all Statto here, his average points per race attended are 6.4. If he'd not had his 4-race "holiday" he'd be 4th in the Championship - and that's with the undrivable Lola for the first 4 races and a mid-season team switch, which must be quite unsettling.

I reckon if he's still in F3 next year, and I hope he will be (unless he gets a better offer, obviously), I reckon he's got to be favourite.

Thompson still in with an outside chance, of course.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 16:44 (Ref:685198)   #32
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah for some reason adam carroll has become my latest obsession. i watched with half an eye on him last year when he was in the scolarship and he seemed to outclass even the championship class guys on occasion never mind his own teammates. he hasnt won yet for menu but i reckon he will soon. there are a few rough spots (spun at silvertone trying to pass green, stalled at the masters after a terrific qualifying in his first time at the circuit) but the most part he has shown me that he is one helluva driver and i would love to see what he would do in a carlin.

a quick rundown of his season (missing out the first 8 rounds for obvious reasons)

silverstone- finishes 2nd on his menu debut close behind the winner albeit after robert had a penalty, still a great result considering!!!
in race 2 he was right up at the sharp end again and still infront of his teammate. in the closing stages he pushed too hard and allowed green to get past then spun trying to get past again. ended up 12th.

castle combe- great quilfying leads to another second place race finish. a bad start but he soon got back and the pushed van de merwe all the way. in race 2 its was pretty similar only 3rd place this time. still performed much better than menu regular rob austin.

oulton park- after another good qualifying pace in third piquets stallin race one let van de merwe go into the distance without a challenge and also gave watts the jump. he kept on watts gearbox the whole race and took third.
in race 2 he made a good start and in the early stages made van de merwe sweat untill he pulled away. again he beat off the other carlins. he came another great second.

rockinham- had to start last becuase and engine failure in qualifying. in race 1 he overtook like wildfire and actually took the last point in 10th. brilliant drive. in race 2 he stalled and was hit by watts in what imo was his only failure but hey the likes of micheal schumacher stall in the title decider f1 races so you cant blame him!