Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Sep 2000, 06:45 (Ref:36653)   #1
TheShadow
Rookie

TheShadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just when I thought I had it figured out, it all changes.

Volvo, BMW and Audi looked like they would maybe race in the proposed Superstars Series, as opposed to the DTM.

While Octagon can't get the BTCC to run with the Superstars rules, it does look like they are to "merge" with the ESTC to create one pan European touring car series.
This in turn gives credence to the rumors that Volvo,BMW and Audi may compete there. (with cars just like the ones in the new Codemasters WTC game!)

Now we hear that ESTC will go ahead on their own, with plans to switch to the new ("unloved") BTCC rules in 2002.

Volvo seem likely do DTM. Will BMW and Audi follow them, now that the BTCC and ESTC are "hatchback" series?

Will Octagon now forget about Superstars?

What do you think will happen in touring cars?

The Shadow

Old 12 Sep 2000, 18:34 (Ref:36783)   #2
TheShadow
Rookie

TheShadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ford may have started the dominos...

..to fall. While their announcement was not a shock, it says to me that Fords-Volvo Division will indeed be in DTM next year.
KM