Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 4 Aug 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1372238)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reims

I have a "thing" about Reims at the moment.

Found these whilst googling.....

Make great wallpapers.....

http://www.artsfairies.com/cars/Cma_...in-ferrari.jpg

http://www.artsfairies.com/cars/Cma_...h-gp-reims.jpg
Old 4 Aug 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1372247)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Forgive me another......

http://www.flyandrive.com/images/gp_reims02.jpg
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1372293)   #3
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm...you should see the piccies in the book...
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1372301)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That good eh?
Old 4 Aug 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1372318)   #5
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was probably Gav's line but they're not bad!
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1372442)   #6
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very nice. I'd like to visit the place one day.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 06:28 (Ref:1372570)   #7
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few years ago whilst touring the Cathedrals of Northern France I found myself driving on the old pit straight.

Wonderful moment, made even better as it was completely unplanned
Old 5 Aug 2005, 06:38 (Ref:1372573)   #8
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
That good eh?
I'd like to think so!

You'll have seen the cover image as my avatar, but here's a slightly larger version as well as a couple of views that you may not have seen before...
Attached Thumbnails
Cover Image.jpg   Bret Oil.jpg   View to Hairpin.jpg  

Old 5 Aug 2005, 07:43 (Ref:1372597)   #9
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for those links Aysedasi. I don't think I had seen the 1951 Michael Turner print before. Nicholas Watts' 'Champagne Victory' hangs on the wall just beside me here! On the screen image you cannot see the bicycle parked against the resturant wall to the left.
I never did get to Reims,but remember Baghetti's win in 1961 live on TV.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 08:12 (Ref:1372619)   #10
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Ayse, Michael & Nick, pure class. Love those pictures. Never painted Reims myself.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1372686)   #11
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Yay, pretty pictures!

I like the first one through the windows. It almost looks like it could be Le Mans.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1372711)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gi_gav
I'd like to think so!

You'll have seen the cover image as my avatar, but here's a slightly larger version as well as a couple of views that you may not have seen before...

Stunningly beautiful.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1372714)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
Thanks Ayse, Michael & Nick, pure class. Love those pictures. Never painted Reims myself.

There you go Andrew, a new project for you.......
Old 5 Aug 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1372740)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
How do you fancy taking your camera this close to the action........

gordini 1953
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1372770)   #15
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reims, sometimes known as 'Rheims' often produced close slipstreaming racing.
Thanks to Autosport for these from 1969.
No, it is not the start, but the finish! Cevert winning the F2 race.

Same meeting, J-P Cassegrain winning his F3 heat.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1373129)   #16
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Stunningly beautiful.
A little over-the-top Ayse, but thanks!

Truly amazing shots there Andrew, thanks for posting them. It's such a unique place, and one of these tracks where I just wish I'd been able to see in use.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1375104)   #17
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you liked gavs shots - Autodrome should be in the shops within the next 7 days - and there are loads in there - he actually has not posted my favorites anywhere yet.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 13:57 (Ref:1894722)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thought I'd add in a couple of recent ones for anyone interested....we were there last weekend and stumbled across a Ferrari event at the same time. The friends of the circuit have started repainting some of the old adverts etc, but the BP mosaic from one of the buildings out in the paddock has gone.
Attached Thumbnails
phpFKjobwAM.jpg   phpPRX3mgAM.jpg  
Old 18 Apr 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1894984)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm glad they are making an effort to preserve the place. It seems like since I've been a kid the place has been under threat and people kept saying go now to see it because it will be all gone next year or whatever.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 12:15 (Ref:1896240)   #20
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was cooler looking in the "Roman Ruin" guise.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 12:29 (Ref:1896255)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm with you on that...I think it's good people do want to look after the place but, whilst I'd only seen the old Reims in the pictures, I would have preferred it to be left as it was.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 13:03 (Ref:1896276)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But how long can you leave it Suze? We hear that lovely BP mosaic is no more - where has it gone? Vandals? That's a real shame.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 13:13 (Ref:1896284)   #23
Suze
Veteran

England
No idea Ayse - think it's been gone a while as had quite a few weeds up there, literally looks like it's been cut up and gone - you wouldn't have known it was there unless someone told you.

To answer your first question - I don't know - but I would rather see it "fade away" with time...
Old 20 Apr 2007, 14:09 (Ref:1896331)   #24
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just cut out - not vandals - a collector I reckon
Old 27 Apr 2007, 12:12 (Ref:1901623)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I reckon that must be right. It had been deteriorating but otherwise should still have been there.

It's an interesting contrast though isn't it with the likes of Rouen, where the locals seem to have gone out of their way to erase their magnificent old circuit from all memory.......