Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 21 Apr 2002, 13:08 (Ref:266307)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that was a rather ominous sign

If every race turns out like that, we could be in for a season dominated by two Honda four-strokes of Rossi and Ukawa. They simply blitzed the entire field, leaving them miles behind but congratulations to Ukawa who kept right up there with Rossi the entire race and perhaps choosing the dual-compound was the decisive blow.

Capirossi was the only rider able to stay anywhere near the two Honda four-strokes on his 500 and rode a rather lonely race to take third.

The rest battled over the minor placings, most of the bikes being 500s and reminding us of the great battles that took place last year.

IMO we could be seeing that kind of dominance from Rossi and Ukawa for a while yet.

The 250cc race was nothing specatular and Melandri took a dominant, but expected, win. He'll walk it this year with performances like that.

The 125cc race was its usual exciting self, and my man Poggiali came through to take another victory
Old 21 Apr 2002, 14:52 (Ref:266424)   #2
calcium
Racer

calcium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Casey Stoner,that was quite a big off.It was so good to see that Rossi isn't perfect all the time,a very exciting last few laps....(Well I was shouting at the T.V. )

Last edited by calcium; 21 Apr 2002 at 14:54.
Old 21 Apr 2002, 15:47 (Ref:266465)   #3
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only saw the MotoGP race, I'll have to see the 125 & 250 tomorrow. At least it was an exciting dice between Rossi and Ukawa, Capirossi did well to hang with them until half way or so.

My man of the race would have to be Katoh, coming from the 4th row to finish 4th. It's a shame we missed seeing how he got past Sete(?) on the final lap.
Old 21 Apr 2002, 16:44 (Ref:266552)   #4
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had something other to do and I didn´t watched MotoGP race.
But for me, the most important race was 125 cc. Finnish Mika Kallio finished 12th in his fourth race. This was the first time he finished a race.

There hasn´t really great Finnish riders since 1970s. Jarno Saarinen was the best, but there were also many others.

You maybe know 125cc rider Jarno Müller and 250cc rider Jarno Janssen. Just guess where the name comes from. Same as formula 1 driver Jarno Trulli...
Old 22 Apr 2002, 06:56 (Ref:267024)   #5
3M_chix
Rookie

3M_chix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, I wanna say congrats to Mika *glow* especially. He did well for someone who just started

And congrats to all the winners too

f1manoz, you're right. If the season continues like this (with the domniation of Honda 4-strokes), things are gonna get a little boring IMO

~Sarah
Old 22 Apr 2002, 07:03 (Ref:267026)   #6
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its sad to see the 2 strokes were writen out by the rules hopefully the kr3 will be signifacntly faster when they go to a 4 stroke tripple
Old 22 Apr 2002, 07:59 (Ref:267044)   #7
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't say that I will follow this season closely anymore if it stays like this.
Too boring.
Old 22 Apr 2002, 14:10 (Ref:267390)   #8
ChrisUSA
Rookie

ChrisUSA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
its sad to see the 2 strokes were written out by the rules
i think it's quite apparent that the 4cylinder 2strokes can spot the 4 cylinder 4strokes the double displacement and still compete, but that extra cylinder on the RC211V is just too much for everyone! I'm thinking that Kawasaki and Ducati had best rethink their plans to introduce a 4cylinder MotoGP racer....they may have to go 5, 6 or more cylinders if they want to beat Honda.
Old 22 Apr 2002, 20:58 (Ref:267871)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Ukawa did brilliantly, especially given Rossi's ability... and the 125 was superb, the Podge looks even better this year, shame Ui wasnt up there tho. Did you see Battiani apologising for his overtakeing manouveres after the 250 race? classic stuff!
Old 23 Apr 2002, 03:52 (Ref:268053)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those moves from Battaini were just stupid and signs of a desperate man wanting a good result. He was lucky not to take him and Locatelli out of the race at one stage.

As for the 125cc championship, I really don't think Ui is up to the challenge again. He's been out of form in the past two races and doesn't look up to the task. My money is already on Podge.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 06:46 (Ref:268113)   #11
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's too early to write off GP. I am so hoping that others (yam, suzuki, and apilla) catch up in europe rounds.
i am sure they will do, especially YAM! conentrating on GP and developling it for two years. they must!
Old 23 Apr 2002, 08:43 (Ref:268185)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Yamaha will defintely be the first to challenge Honda, but don't expect it to be Biaggi.

If Checa can keep a cool head, IMO he'll be a consistent challenger. He loves the new bikes.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 12:42 (Ref:268387)   #13
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Checa is running very well on the 4-stroke Yamaha, if they can get just a little more speed out of it....

Rossi is still the best rider out there at the moment but he can make mistakes.

And well done to Capirossi for hanging in so close for third place. Also Garry McCoy for running so high for so long despite injury, which enventually got the better of him.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 22:01 (Ref:268933)   #14
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Dany Pedrosa on the 125s? 2 poles, could he challenge for the championship?

250s arent as good this year without Katoh, Harada and Katja.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 03:56 (Ref:269062)   #15
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
250's this year will show how good Katoh was.
Robby Rolfo and Alazmora are on his bike from last year, but hello??? where are they??

dont get me wrong i like Rolfo, he sends in emails in italian
Old 24 Apr 2002, 07:16 (Ref:269108)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Rolfo hasn't ridden badly this year, he's been getting results, but Katoh was in a whole other league last year. But give Rolfo a bit more time and he'll be challenging.

As for Alzamora, I've never really thought much of him anyway. He won a 125cc World Title without even winning a race, and has done nothing really impressive last year or this year.