Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 6 Jan 2007, 09:28 (Ref:1808011)   #126
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oooh I don't know David, how long did it take you to relieve that chap of £250 for the MG wings? What is it they say about the TV repairman? "That's £2.50 for hitting it with the screwdriver, and £100 for knowing WHERE to hit it".

Spoke to the MSA about my own licence on Wednesday - "It's in the post today sir". Still no sign of course.....or of the password that I requested when I couldn't log into the web site.........thought that if I applied early I'd miss the rush.........ah well, another long-cherished illusion shattered.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 12:28 (Ref:1808129)   #127
cannardd
Racer

United Kingdom
London, England
cannardd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
.........thought that if I applied early I'd miss the rush.........ah well, another long-cherished illusion shattered.
How early did you apply?
My form was posted back to the MSA the same day that it landed on my doorstep, way back in November.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 14:30 (Ref:1808205)   #128
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
Oooh I don't know David, how long did it take you to relieve that chap of £250 for the MG wings? What is it they say about the TV repairman? "That's £2.50 for hitting it with the screwdriver, and £100 for knowing WHERE to hit it".....
Product vs Service, totally different economics and business case.
And please, what is a 'TV repairman', I heard my parents mention it once upon a time.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 14:41 (Ref:1808210)   #129
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid
will apply for mine next week as I had my medical last night - GP relieved me of £99 - yes, £99 - is this a new record?

and before somebody asks, no I don't know anyone else who 'earns' £297 per hour...
For a doctor, that's not unreasonable considering the outlay to become one and the investment when you are one, but please don't get me started on this subject again.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1808473)   #130
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannardd
How early did you apply?
My form was posted back to the MSA the same day that it landed on my doorstep, way back in November.
Had to wait til end of November to get my medical done. Only cost me £50.00 for two medicals at the same time.....ooops, sorry MGD, forgot you'd paid twice as much for half as much!......licence application went off beginning of December. No real worry, plenty of time.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 10:53 (Ref:1808722)   #131
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Just checked the status of mine and it's still not done, recieved on the 4th and started processig on the 19th. 4 weeks isn't bad for a 15 day turn around.....NOT
The stats for my competition licence are as follows;

Competition Application Status: PRINTED
Competition Application Received: 21/11/2006 11:26:42
Competition Application being processed: 28/11/2006 16:58:09
Competition Application Returned:
Competition Licence Sent: 14/12/2006 17:18:16

I was quite pleased with that.

But you lot should apply for an officials licence.

Official Application Status: PROCESSED
Official Application Received: 29/08/2006 17:42:58
Official Application being processed: 01/09/2006 16:12:22
Official Application Returned:
Official Licence Sent:

It's been over 4 MONTHS and i'm still waiting.

I phoned them and they told me it will be posted this week.That was TWO weeks ago.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1808978)   #132
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger , the online renewals working BUT not for straightforward renewals, just certain lower level licence apps! I'l get on the blower to them again tommorow then...
Old 7 Jan 2007, 23:15 (Ref:1809172)   #133
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't even get a renewal reminder in the post! Couldn't work out the online system so just printed off a form and posted it. I didn't enclose my last license as I'm not upgrading, and am now at a different address, so I hope they work out who I am and that I don't need another cup n cough session.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 09:00 (Ref:1827629)   #134
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just received a "temporary competition licence".through the post.

Has anyone else had one?

I guess the must be a backlog causeing delays.

(BTW i payed a doctor at my local practice £90 for a 20 minute medical)

Robyn
Old 29 Jan 2007, 07:53 (Ref:1828324)   #135
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes , got my temp one on Thursday (25th) and my proper one on Saturday ( 27th ) !! 24 days in "processing time".
Old 29 Jan 2007, 09:42 (Ref:1828400)   #136
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also just checked the web site.......it's still being processed, does that mean I'm in for a BOGOF deal !!
Old 31 Jan 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1830079)   #137
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've decided ( due to the fact that Bupa seem to be using the GP's at my practice more than anyone else, so they must be on more than £300 an hour !!!) I'm just renewing Nat A . . .I don't think I|'ll need Int anyway so I'll save the beans

in the post today . . .hopefully I'll get it back before March !
Old 31 Jan 2007, 12:09 (Ref:1830137)   #138
midgetman
Veteran

It's official. Motorsport News today. "MSA denies licence crisis" type article. If they're denying it, there's a crisis
Old 31 Jan 2007, 12:16 (Ref:1830142)   #139
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think John Reid must have taken over the MSA license department.

The rows will come when the MSA start trying to fine people for non-production. March? Our (rallycross) season starts next week...
Old 1 Feb 2007, 11:47 (Ref:1830979)   #140
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got my temporary licence.
Valid from 31/1/2007 (yesterday)
To 14/2/2007 (two weeks time)

Oh well, I live in hope, at least they are trying.
"Your credit card licenec and Blue Book will .....arrive before the expiry of your temporary licience"

John

Last edited by JohnD; 1 Feb 2007 at 11:51.
Old 1 Feb 2007, 12:10 (Ref:1830995)   #141
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
I got my temporary one last week, and the blue book and license card turned up yesterday.

The upgrade card is too big for the plastic wallet, so odds on I'll lose that.
Old 1 Feb 2007, 12:28 (Ref:1831006)   #142
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It must be costing them a fortune to send out two licences to everyone! Still nothing in the post...
Old 1 Feb 2007, 16:55 (Ref:1831177)   #143
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
well I think their revenue is ample so I'm sure they won't go hungry

Q: why is an international license more than twice the price of a national one ?
Old 1 Feb 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1831343)   #144
midgetman
Veteran

Ah Zef, the eternal question.........always wondered that myself. Thankfully we race Nat A under NEAFP.

Back in the "old days" we used to have a separate speed licence, race licence, entrant's licence AND an advertising permit for each car. Now THAT was a wallet emptier. So it is a bit better now.
Old 1 Feb 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1831387)   #145
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tim,
I read that the official upgrade card was to be an insert in the Blue Book. Have you looked in that yet?

The ?temporary? one is just twice a big as the old licence, so folded it will fit in your old licence wallet.

John
Old 2 Feb 2007, 09:43 (Ref:1831674)   #146
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Thanks John - it's the one in the blue book that's too big! I have folded it, but it's not really tidy.

On the upside the blue book is very pretty now, seems to have had a proper make-over.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1831863)   #147
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I posted my license application on Wednesday, got an email Thursday afternoon acknowledging receipt and processing, very efficient I thought.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1832168)   #148
midgetman
Veteran

Yes Zef, I got that but no licence for 8 weeks........
Old 3 Feb 2007, 08:44 (Ref:1832401)   #149
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I have a legally binding email form them

'you should receive your licence within 15 working days'

I read that as you will receive your license or we will compensate you with 1 million dollars !
Old 4 Feb 2007, 07:34 (Ref:1833032)   #150
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sent my application in this week, haven't received any email though