Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Nov 2004, 20:38 (Ref:1145078)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motor Clubs

I just wondered if anyone else was a member of there local Motor Club.

I am in process of getting involved with my local club, Wakefield and District Motor Sports Club, a club which is 70 years old this year. My parents where involved for many many years, but over the last 10 years or so they have not been involved as much.

As part of the 70th birthday celbrations they had a dinner dance last weekend and last night me and the old man popped down to the club to see what is happening. I have to say I was very impressed and I think I will be going back.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1145099)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I tend to find clubs are very cliquey and I can't be arsed to try and get in with the small groups so I don't bother.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 21:49 (Ref:1147996)   #3
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didnt know there was one by me .... but i supose there is now i think about it i may have a look around about joining one.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 11:06 (Ref:1148394)   #4
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a member of the Coventry and Warwickshire Motor Club.

Also Mike there is the Kidderminster Motor Club
Old 9 Nov 2004, 11:56 (Ref:1148432)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Falce thats a shame have you tried you local MC? I'm on the commitee of Sevenoaks and DMC, we ran the sprints at Crystal Palace and we are not cliquey at all - in fact make an effort to welcome the newcomers - come along to a pub night falce. details are on

www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com - or look on the club forum.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 12:26 (Ref:1148454)   #6
Grahame West
Racer

Scotland
Fife
Grahame West should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a member of the Darlington & District motor club (marshals section) and enjoy the social side of the club.
The once a month club social night is good and usually well attended. Still haven't managed to win when they hold the scaletrix night but will keep trying.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 00:28 (Ref:1166659)   #7
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in the Owen Motoring Club
Old 5 Dec 2004, 17:01 (Ref:1171444)   #8
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm also a member of Sevenoaks and District Motor club. Will ssshhh now as Sam has given all the details.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 10:56 (Ref:1175152)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm a member of the Maidstone & Mid-Kent Motor Club (should really send off my form for next years membership soon )
Old 9 Dec 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1175185)   #10
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A full list can be found at http://www.motorclubs.org.uk/

If that doesn't work, follow the link on www.ukmotorsport.com

Currently a member of the Bristol Pegaus club, but may join the Woolbridge MC next year instead.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1179279)   #11
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Too many clubs spoil the .....

I have been a member of the HSA (Hillclimb and Sprint Association) for more years than I care to mention. They have the BEST club magazine that covers, as you would expect, hillclimbs and sprints the length and breadth of the country. If you have any interest in this motorsport discipline then join. (www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk for more details)

A few years back I also joined the BMSA (British Motor Sprint Association) who are the club set up to organise the British Sprint Championship and for my sins got pressganged onto the committee. For anyone entering the championship this club is ideal and it also helps frame the regs for National Sprint events. (www.britishsprint.com)

I joined a local motor club but, like several others in this thread, found it too tight nit. They couldn't accept someone coming in could have any ideas worth considering - so I left.

I then joined Liverpool Motor Club who are brilliant. They organise three Sprints at Aintree and a couple of track days there as well. They have just started jointly organising a hillclimb at Loton Park and are a 'go-ahead' group. This year they won the Les Edmunds Trophy for the Best Organised British Sprint Championship round. If you live in the area check out the website and pop along to the January get together. (www.liverpoolmotorclub.com)
Old 16 Dec 2004, 10:14 (Ref:1180899)   #12
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All I can say is JOIN YOUR LOCAL MOTOR CLUB!!