Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Dec 2004, 21:51 (Ref:1172867)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Spa to be shortened?

"Oh no" was my reaction when I found this...

http://www.racingcircuits.net/Belgiu...2005Short.html

They can't cut Spa in half, not another "Hockenheim" massacre...?!

F1 is dieing
Old 6 Dec 2004, 22:13 (Ref:1172890)   #2
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it is, that's one hell of a drop down from Kemel and then a climb up to rejoin Blanchimont - anther 2 Eau Rouge type inclines, personally, I wouldn't believe this.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 22:19 (Ref:1172895)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a proposed club circuit - not for F1, which would continue to use the current layout.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 22:21 (Ref:1172896)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Few, I was sweeting then.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 22:23 (Ref:1172900)   #5
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its always been known that f1 will carry on using the current circuit, they are only doing this so they can make it a permant track so they wont have to have it as public road, and its for track days and testing not going to hurt f1 in anyway what so ever.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 22:27 (Ref:1172903)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Obviously someone feel sthat enough circuits have been butchered, lost or simply born bland in recent years, and there is no need to destroy an existing gem.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 22:33 (Ref:1172908)   #7
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy
its always been known that f1 will carry on using the current circuit, they are only doing this so they can make it a permant track so they wont have to have it as public road, and its for track days and testing not going to hurt f1 in anyway what so ever.
It has not been a public road for a while now since the bypass was completed about 3 (if I remember correctly, may be longer) years ago.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 22:39 (Ref:1172919)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Monster, the medical bill of my quadruple heart attack is on his way to you.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 23:31 (Ref:1172933)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a thread about this in trackside a few months ago after an article in Autosport about how they were going ot split it into three smaller circuits. All with various uses. I tried to do a search, but things are a little slow at the moment. It was never for F1, as said above. Therefore I'll move it to trackside

It is, however, a big issue for the smaller meetings there. Racing at Spa is the best and the main reason is the collection of all those corners together. None of the three proposed circuits combines all those glorious curves in a glorious way. For me it would make the difference between it being the highlight of the year to being an expensive way to race at a normal circuit. I could do Brands a few more times and still have a holiday to Belgium to enjoy the beer (without worrying about being on track the following day!).
Old 6 Dec 2004, 23:51 (Ref:1172947)   #10
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

thought my heart stopped at 1st but continued to read on no sweat
Old 7 Dec 2004, 07:08 (Ref:1173096)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
There was a thread about this in trackside a few months ago after an article in Autosport about how they were going ot split it into three smaller circuits. All with various uses. I tried to do a search, but things are a little slow at the moment. It was never for F1, as said above. Therefore I'll move it to trackside

It is, however, a big issue for the smaller meetings there. Racing at Spa is the best and the main reason is the collection of all those corners together. None of the three proposed circuits combines all those glorious curves in a glorious way. For me it would make the difference between it being the highlight of the year to being an expensive way to race at a normal circuit. I could do Brands a few more times and still have a holiday to Belgium to enjoy the beer (without worrying about being on track the following day!).
Agreed Adam. Although I suspect meetings like the Six Hours (being FIA) would keep to the GP circuit whilst the MSA and other club meetings would probably get the shorter one. Saying that, any circuit around that region would still be a serious challenge.

I recall discussing this with the marshals at Stavelot in September.