Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 2012, 06:41 (Ref:3026933)   #1326
StraightLine
Rookie

StraightLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point2 View Post
Yeah was a little disappointing after being told we where number 15.
Not to mind. Was a tough day testing today.
Let's hope for progress tomorrow
Surely people from ST not telling the truth that is surprising??

Eight cars with 4 second from first to last BIG FAIL!
Old 17 Feb 2012, 07:04 (Ref:3026937)   #1327
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
surprise, surprise, surprise... Lockwood quickest

i wouldn't put the boy in a ST.. he might end up hurting a few egos
Old 17 Feb 2012, 07:10 (Ref:3026939)   #1328
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
surprise, surprise, surprise... Lockwood quickest

i wouldn't put the boy in a ST.. he might end up hurting a few egos
His commitment to turn 1 was 110%
Fast everywhere
Old 17 Feb 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3026953)   #1329
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
in my eyes.. the kid is a very underrated driver

btw good luck this weekend P2!
Old 17 Feb 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3026954)   #1330
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Interesting; the chassis builders car in McLaughlins hands is quickest in 1st practice.
and their other driver was one of the slowest...
Old 17 Feb 2012, 08:34 (Ref:3026965)   #1331
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes you're right. I was about to add that comment myself just to keep some balance, but you beat me to it.

But isn't that the neat thing about a spec class; aside from some set-up differences the cars are the same. So it really comes down to the drivers and as PM and others have said, some egos will be hurt.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3026993)   #1332
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightLine View Post
Surely people from ST not telling the truth that is surprising??

Eight cars with 4 second from first to last BIG FAIL!
Are you talking about the NZV8's last month??

Same deal, brother...
Old 17 Feb 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3027320)   #1333
GTR
Rookie

GTR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, first time poster....
So with the impeding court case between NZV8's and V8ST's....Tullock and co are saying that Petch and co have taken the design of the NZ COT to make the V8ST? Is this correct? How similar is the chassis prototype of the COT compared to ST? I understand that Pace Innovations have built both?
Old 17 Feb 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3027334)   #1334
EZY PEEL
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland, NZ in my PIMPED F150
EZY PEEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by EZY PEEL; 17 Feb 2012 at 22:06. Reason: decided to keep my nose out of it :)
Old 17 Feb 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3027360)   #1335
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
So with the impeding court case between NZV8's and V8ST's....Tullock and co are saying that Petch and co have taken the design of the NZ COT to make the V8ST? Is this correct? How similar is the chassis prototype of the COT compared to ST? I understand that Pace Innovations have built both?

Petch etc started the study and research then split and started their own venture using what they had learned whilst working for others.
Remember the issues with V8 supercars and supertourers early on when the ST tried to steal their aero designs? and then had to suddenly backtrack and change them and say they never intended to run them at all? All part of that.
Heads will roll!
I wonder who has managed to cover themselves in teflon....
Old 17 Feb 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3027362)   #1336
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying - Race 1
Old 18 Feb 2012, 03:19 (Ref:3027417)   #1337
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First ST race completed, result, Murphy, Scott and Booth, good racing and great following for the first meeting.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 03:26 (Ref:3027419)   #1338
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hampton Downs - 17-19 Feb 2012 thread
Old 18 Feb 2012, 03:34 (Ref:3027420)   #1339
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Thanks for that, I didn't know there was a thread started, will give me something else to follow.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3027469)   #1340
StraightLine
Rookie

Quote:
Here is the info from one of my earlier posts which should fill in the picture on what's gone down here!

Now that the new V8 (Veega) board have had the accounts audited and the legal advice on the ex directors actions they have decided to act!

NZV8/Veega shareholders voted at Taupo in March 2010 to commission the board of directors to finalize the plan and price for a new V8 chassis for the current or new teams and shareholders to move the category forward. April 2010 at the Hamilton V8 Supercar event the board presented the Paul Seprnich designed chassis and indicative pricing to the shareholders with a progression plan for the whole group to upgrade their cars. The NZV8/Veega shareholders were unanimous with their support towards the new project and a number of NZV8/Veega shareholders in good faith invested in the first prototype car to be built. This car was meant to have been built tested and displayed during the 2010/11 V8 championship series. This didn't happen in fact the prototype chassis didn't turn up until February 2011 along with the knowledge that 3 of the NZV8/Veega board of directors headed by Mark Petch. Wayne Anderson and Garry Pedersen had formed a private company called V8 Supertourers Ltd. back in September 2010 later to be joined by their fellow directors as new directors in the new company John McIntyre and Chris Abbott. There was always an undisclosed plan to take what was initially an NZV8/Veega new car project and effectively take it from the shareholders that had paid for the initial plans for this chassis. This became evident when the car was launched in February 2011 and the announcement of a rebel series lead by Mark Petch and co. On discovery of this information a number of the NZV8/Veega shareholders requested a Vote of no confidence in the board motion to be heard at a Special General Meeting at Taupo in March 2011. On receiving this motion request the NZV8/Veega board of Mark Petch, Wayne Anderson, Gary Pedersen, John McIntyre and Chris Abbott all resigned prior to this meeting.

This left the majority of the NZV8/Veega shareholders in an unfortunate situation of having to put together a new board and a new plan for the class to move forward.

From someone that understands the history of what has gone down here it is a disappointing situation for all V8 teams and fans. Their are no winner in the split of our V8 group and it is certainly negative for motorsport.
Almost seems like dejavue with Mark Petch and Tranz-ams!

The facts you be the judge
Old 18 Feb 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3027478)   #1341
dub
Rookie

dub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Straight Line, tell me who from the current board of VEEGA actually put their hands in their pockets and invested in the car now known as V8ST. Further how many of the current competitor who are currently running in NZV8 invested their money. As far as I am concerned the people that pay for the product own the product, end of story.

By the way V8ST showed how to promote an motorsport event today, something TMC still haven't got a clue on how do it right.

This is the problem is was not just the car, it was also the way an event should be run that irked many people. TMC and their puppet's VEEGA directors should bow their heads in shame.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3027494)   #1342
StraightLine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub View Post
Hey Straight Line, tell me who from the current board of VEEGA actually put their hands in their pockets and invested in the car now known as V8ST. Further how many of the current competitor who are currently running in NZV8 invested their money. As far as I am concerned the people that pay for the product own the product, end of story.

By the way V8ST showed how to promote an motorsport event today, something TMC still haven't got a clue on how do it right.

This is the problem is was not just the car, it was also the way an event should be run that irked many people. TMC and their puppet's VEEGA directors should bow their heads in shame.
Andrew McKenzie was one of the first investors in the new car along with at least one other current team and as the court action will show so were all of the NZV8 shareholders as company funds were used by the directors to develop the new car. This court action is about company law not ego's! The current directors excluding Inky were appointed by the previous directors.

As for the event today that is a matter of opinion! What was so fantastic about this event apart from 16 new V8's racing? Muscle cars are always good but Honda cup and 8 Challenge cup cars racing around are you kidding me? Big time gaps on the track with nothing happening surely they should have learnt from the public opinion from the Supercar events in NZ! Should take a look at an IRC event for racing entertainment!
Old 18 Feb 2012, 13:52 (Ref:3027586)   #1343
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Might be worth reminding everyone that this matter is now sub-judice so we should be careful about what and how the discussion proceed until the judge has ruled. Once that's happened we should have some solid facts as opposed to rumour and intrigue.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3027745)   #1344
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Here is the info from one of my earlier posts which should fill in the picture on what's gone down here!

Now that the new V8 (Veega) board have had the accounts audited and the legal advice on the ex directors actions they have decided to act!

NZV8/Veega shareholders voted at Taupo in March 2010 to commission the board of directors to finalize the plan and price for a new V8 chassis for the current or new teams and shareholders to move the category forward. April 2010 at the Hamilton V8 Supercar event the board presented the Paul Seprnich designed chassis and indicative pricing to the shareholders with a progression plan for the whole group to upgrade their cars. The NZV8/Veega shareholders were unanimous with their support towards the new project and a number of NZV8/Veega shareholders in good faith invested in the first prototype car to be built. This car was meant to have been built tested and displayed during the 2010/11 V8 championship series. This didn't happen in fact the prototype chassis didn't turn up until February 2011 along with the knowledge that 3 of the NZV8/Veega board of directors headed by Mark Petch. Wayne Anderson and Garry Pedersen had formed a private company called V8 Supertourers Ltd. back in September 2010 later to be joined by their fellow directors as new directors in the new company John McIntyre and Chris Abbott. There was always an undisclosed plan to take what was initially an NZV8/Veega new car project and effectively take it from the shareholders that had paid for the initial plans for this chassis. This became evident when the car was launched in February 2011 and the announcement of a rebel series lead by Mark Petch and co. On discovery of this information a number of the NZV8/Veega shareholders requested a Vote of no confidence in the board motion to be heard at a Special General Meeting at Taupo in March 2011. On receiving this motion request the NZV8/Veega board of Mark Petch, Wayne Anderson, Gary Pedersen, John McIntyre and Chris Abbott all resigned prior to this meeting.

This left the majority of the NZV8/Veega shareholders in an unfortunate situation of having to put together a new board and a new plan for the class to move forward.

From someone that understands the history of what has gone down here it is a disappointing situation for all V8 teams and fans. Their are no winner in the split of our V8 group and it is certainly negative for motorsport.

One name in there stands out above the others for a dodgy history!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 02:52 (Ref:3027799)   #1345
StraightLine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
One name in there stands out above the others for a dodgy history!
Well I guess you don't get kidnapped and lock in the boot of a car for being a good guy!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3027865)   #1346
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Well I guess you don't get kidnapped and lock in the boot of a car for being a good guy!
The man in the boot puts on a good show! You can't take that away from him. Who ever that man is.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3028037)   #1347
Pseudonym
Rookie

Pseudonym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

So if Veega owned the rights to it, why did they then dump it and proceed with the MRX chassis??? The development was already done and if they pulled their finger out could have had a chassis completed before Petch and co. Doesnt add up.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3028044)   #1348
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
It 100% adds up.

Just called a mate who was at Hampton Downs.
Johnny Mac is telling people MSNZ 100% back the ST class. Wtf.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3028051)   #1349
StraightLine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
So if Veega owned the rights to it, why did they then dump it and proceed with the MRX chassis??? The development was already done and if they pulled their finger out could have had a chassis completed before Petch and co. Doesnt add up.
Veega didn't dump it the previous car, the Mark Petch board effectively stole the whole project and formed a private company as stated above. Thats why the legal action has been taken against the previous directors. This is why the current board were forced to look for a new car for NZV8s to move forward
Old 19 Feb 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3028073)   #1350
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Might be worth reminding everyone that this matter is now sub-judice so we should be careful about what and how the discussion proceed until the judge has ruled.
Quote:
Veega didn't dump it the previous car, the Mark Petch board effectively stole the whole project and formed a private company as stated above.
Ahem, please note my post before making posts such as these. At least until after a ruling has been made.