Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Sep 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2292375)   #151
John Robinson
Rookie

John Robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
As my uncle aways taught me,if its not in your pocket or bank,its not much use.
Maybe you should edit that to "if its not in your pocket its not much use."
Old 17 Sep 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2292540)   #152
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
How about a nice line in HBOS shares?
Are these the same ones you sold before you bought them back?
Old 17 Sep 2008, 13:54 (Ref:2292541)   #153
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents
Are these the same ones you sold before you bought them back?
no - he repacked them into an SPV and this is now only the junior level first to default... that is why he is selling them!
Old 17 Sep 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2292575)   #154
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hmm,

Did I mention the three 1750 Allegro Sports I've got stached away?
Thankfully no.

Simon, care to run that past us again with a translation?
Old 17 Sep 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2292578)   #155
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quartic steering wheels too.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2292587)   #156
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
Thankfully no.

Simon, care to run that past us again with a translation?
I will forward your request to my compliance department.....
in short smoke mirrors - the basis of all good city trades ;o)
Old 17 Sep 2008, 22:34 (Ref:2292872)   #157
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn. I just swapped 9 brown morris marinas for a bank called Lemming Brothers. If only I'd known the worth of brown BL cars......
Old 19 Sep 2008, 05:27 (Ref:2293556)   #158
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Humph. Just has the FSA (Fake Sportscars Agency) onto me. They've noticed they're MG Midgets not MGBs. They say they can tell because the MGB is longer, in fact they've accused me of selling short.

Sorry.
Old 19 Sep 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2293647)   #159
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At last the short selling has been banned,what was that saying about horses bolting/closing gates?Perhaps there will not be another 81 new millionaires this christmas!.Then again,these sharks can usually find a way to satisfy their greed.
?
Old 19 Sep 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2293793)   #160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry but I have to share this one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/Ale...Template.jhtml
Old 19 Sep 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2293957)   #161
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry but I have to share this one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/Ale...Template.jhtml
'Alex' is always topical and very funny. I suppose you and Simon are our own Alex and Clive - but which is which?
Old 20 Sep 2008, 02:30 (Ref:2294055)   #162
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, although some may dispute this I'm definitel not a banker.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2294928)   #163
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents
'Alex' is always topical and very funny. I suppose you and Simon are our own Alex and Clive - but which is which?
I followed Alex's good advice and went to Goodwood!
Old 23 Sep 2008, 10:32 (Ref:2295951)   #164
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Peter, I'm sure you should be Derek....
Old 1 Oct 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2302064)   #165
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently people are now moving thier money from banks to cars,according to some of the London auction house's.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2302101)   #166
simon drabble
Veteran

better counter party risk...
Old 1 Oct 2008, 17:16 (Ref:2302171)   #167
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Apparently people are now moving thier money from banks to cars,according to some of the London auction house's.
Oh yeah, of course. The auction houses are not talking up their own book at all either......
Old 1 Oct 2008, 17:54 (Ref:2302202)   #168
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Oh yea of little faith,I know one or two of the buyers.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2302260)   #169
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
As I predicted earlier I think! So no opportunity as such unless you are sitting on some and want to cash in.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 19:14 (Ref:2302263)   #170
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Good story Terry.The big price cars are moving the others are stuck
Old 1 Oct 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2302293)   #171
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Errrr,yes,they are the ones I mean.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 00:36 (Ref:2302433)   #172
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Good story Terry.The big price cars are moving the others are stuck

Like £2.5mil just seen by Coys for a 35B,admittedly the most original Bugatti in the world.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 07:05 (Ref:2302512)   #173
simon drabble
Veteran

that was yours?! Like property top end is actually going up - mid market (in reality probably anything under 100k) is probably hard work
the fund that started the whole leveraged mortgage market yesterday went into administration, as the 3rd quarter redemptions start to bite expect some more big name casualties