Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jul 2010, 05:28 (Ref:2730991)   #51
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
IIRC the Toyota engine is pretty hideous. Besides, this suggested arrangement purportedly includes a technical partnership for Lotus Cars (even though at the moment they are separate from Lotus Racing).

Maybe compared to a Mercedes. To a Renault? No.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2731041)   #52
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
It would certainly be something if something with a bit more power was plonked in an Evora. Then again, it would be interesting to see the Renault Twingo Lotus
Regarding the Evora, I think lotus cars missed a golden opportunity not to carry on the life of the 3.5L V8 Twin Turbo. Lotus Renault Twingo, a car to rival the Aston Martin Signet maybe
Old 23 Jul 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2731061)   #53
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat View Post
Regarding the Evora, I think lotus cars missed a golden opportunity not to carry on the life of the 3.5L V8 Twin Turbo.
It probably was a good option, although there are other options for putting a more powerful engine in it. It would be great to see a GT1 Evora.

Quote:
Lotus Renault Twingo, a car to rival the Aston Martin Signet maybe
I'd call it a car that makes any other hot hatch look tame ...

With regards to a test run for Nelson Panciatici or Daniil Move, bearing in mind neither have got a podium perhaps they're looking at the wrong place. Litespeed F3 now also have a tieup with Lotus, although Litespeed are currently a one car team. Perhaps they'll improve next year.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 10:18 (Ref:2731064)   #54
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
With regards to a test run for Nelson Panciatici or Daniil Move, bearing in mind neither have got a podium perhaps they're looking at the wrong place. Litespeed F3 now also have a tieup with Lotus, although Litespeed are currently a one car team. Perhaps they'll improve next year.
the promise of the test that i'm aware of is with panciatici, though move may also have a similar agreement but entirely less likely to reach it barring some sort of miracle. in nelson's defence he had a shockingly unlucky year in 09 and just seems to be coming dangerously close to putting everything together on track this year.

i wouldn't imagine litespeed is worth considering. it really does seem to be a poorly executed consolation prize for being out-done by a bunch of malaysians.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2731876)   #55
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the promise of the test that i'm aware of is with panciatici, though move may also have a similar agreement but entirely less likely to reach it barring some sort of miracle.
I have to agree there, although to be honest from what I've seen of Nelson Panciatici in Superleague Formula, and everything about Daniil Move, neither of them are F1 material.

Quote:
in nelson's defence he had a shockingly unlucky year in 09 and just seems to be coming dangerously close to putting everything together on track this year.
I'll bow to your superior knowledge, I don't follow FR3.5.

Quote:
i wouldn't imagine litespeed is worth considering. it really does seem to be a poorly executed consolation prize for being out-done by a bunch of malaysians.
I agree, it seems that that team is a bunch of amateurs. The first Lotus bid was a joke. The Malaysian backed Lotus bid was probably the best option on the table for a place in 2010.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2759439)   #56
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Well Lotus Renault it is then. Good move IMO

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8993100.stm

Sorry, Team Lotus Renault!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8991990.stm

Good move by TF!
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2759921)   #57
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus Renault brings back memories!

I wish they'd bring back that livery too
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2759927)   #58
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I'm not sure about going to that livery on a permanent basis (perhaps I just like the green and yellow), but the Lotus-Renault name does have that history. Of course, it will come with the Renault gearbox, which is presumably more reliable than Lotus' inhouse offering, and presumably Renault (Magneti Marelli?) KERS. I don't know what Cosworth teams will be doing for KERS next year, but that could prove a quality package. Bearing in mind they will have more time to stick the car together, I think Lotus are perfectly capable of leapfrogging Toro Rosso and possibly Sauber (I say them in that order as I think Sauber will probably improve significantly, the current dog of a car is probably a blip).
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2759948)   #59
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post

Brands Hatch?
Old 15 Sep 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2759979)   #60
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post

Any chance of Trulli and Bruno in a Team Lotus Renault
Old 15 Sep 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2759994)   #61
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
What's Kazuki Nakajima doing these days?
Old 15 Sep 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2760005)   #62
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont get the big story on the Team Lotus name against what they race under currently, as long as Lotus is in the equation does it really matter?

If Renault are back in I wonder if Lotus/Renault will go all sentimental as Honda were about to and try putting Senna in the car.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2760008)   #63
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
I dont get the big story on the Team Lotus name against what they race under currently, as long as Lotus is in the equation does it really matter?
It's semantics I suppose, but it does cement that link between the Lotus in 1994 to its return in 2009.

Quote:
If Renault are back in I wonder if Lotus/Renault will go all sentimental as Honda were about to and try putting Senna in the car.
I don't think so, Tony Fernandes probably isn't the type for that. Although Bruno Senna is a talented driver, I don't think he's part of their plans.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 06:04 (Ref:2760715)   #64
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm not sure about going to that livery on a permanent basis (perhaps I just like the green and yellow),
well if you like that one of our Dutch F1 photographers has something you would like

http://fritsvaneldik.nl/webpost/wp-c...1-spa-2010.jpg
Old 17 Sep 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2761005)   #65
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It sounds like a bit of a coup for Lotus. The Renault is a good engine. It is currently the third best behind the Ferrari and Mercedes. Although I don't know how it will help next year's car and the different regulations.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2761010)   #66
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
The Renault is arguably better than the Ferrari, bearing in mind the reliability issues the Ferrari engine has. Mercedes (who have six cars) have had two failure retirements this year (one was due to the lack of remove before flight tags on F1 cars), none for Renault (four cars) or Cosworth (eight). Ferrari have had a whopping five this year - one for Toro Rosso, the rest for Sauber (one for Kobayashi, three for Pedro De La Rosa, the first man to get an engine penalty under N engines per season, I think). Interestingly the factory team haven't had a single one ...

Last edited by duke_toaster; 17 Sep 2010 at 19:57.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2761022)   #67
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Interestingly the factory team haven't had a single one ...
I remember Alonso toasting his in Sepang, iirc.