3 3 4.84%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Jul 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3272349)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race - British Grand Prix

Rate the race .

P.S.: Sorry for the delay,thought Born Racer would do it. I went to see the final match of the Confederations Cup.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3272353)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Principally because I only saw it from the exit of Brooklands around to the entry to Woodcote, and none of the tyre blow-outs happened near us. Over the course of three days we had nothing (in the F1 races) to deal with!

I might revise my opinion once I've watched it on telly though.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3272389)   #3
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This is a tough one with a lot to digest:

Perfect weather!

The best 7 final laps I’ve seen in a LOOOONNNNG time!!

Tyre blow-outs and a race that possibly should have been stopped. (Indy 2005 became Marbot’s tyre debacle poster boy for far, far less ).

Lotus team orders, (gee, no mention about this, I guess because Kimi was the beneficiary).

Disappointing fan behaviour after Vettel's retirement, (I'm sure the fans next week will be keen to return the favour).

Another slap on the wrist for Mercedes (for speeding under yellows).

Unfortunately the Pirelli mess ruined it for me once again...5.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3272393)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The last laps were really awesome, but the tyres issue was a low point in the race.

7 for me.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3272394)   #5
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
3 - Entertaining game of chance, but not really what I watch F1 for!
Old 1 Jul 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3272403)   #6
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An 8. Unlike greem I could see from Farm Curve around Village and the Loop and most of the way down the Wellington Straight (and I did have tyre debris to pick up - from Massa). The sight of the pack coming right at us and then on all three sides of us at the start was phenomenal.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3272410)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Missed the first third. Pretty entertaining. Gave it a 7. Would have been a 6 had it not been for Vettel's gearbox.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3272431)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Five. Could potentially have been so much better.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3272437)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7. Action, drama... And a (not so) expected winner.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3272446)   #10
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 1 Jul 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3272481)   #11
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I gave the race an 8. The final laps were good, and it certainly had its major talking points, but unfortunately at the same time it was starting to become a giant circus due to the tire issue. There were some valiant drives in there.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3272498)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I liked this one.

DRS was a little strong on the Hanger straight, could have done with a 1/4 of that taken off. Wellington straight DRS on the other hand was perfect. I'm not a DRS lover, but that's the kinda straight you want using it - one where it opens up another possibility to overtake.

Good action all round, tyre blow-outs were bad and I honestly thought it'd be red flag and 1/2 points awarded to the top 10.

Selby
Old 1 Jul 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3272564)   #13
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
This. 3
Old 1 Jul 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3272582)   #14
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it an 8 because in spite of the dangerous situation of the tires, it was otherwise a good race with action throughout.. It should have been red-flagged however.. especially after the last blow-out
Old 1 Jul 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3272641)   #15
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

It kept me entertained. Even the pace car periods did less harm than usual, principally because the main beneficiaries were the drivers who had suffered the tyre blow-outs. Waiting to bunch the field in the right order took up too much time though (as is often the case).
Old 1 Jul 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3272643)   #16
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6, 4 for the race , bonus point because it's Silverstone and another bonus for the best last 10 or so laps I have seen all season .
Old 1 Jul 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3272694)   #17
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
8 for me - really good to see the cars on a "proper" classic circuit and whilst the tyre dramas were not good, they did inject some, well drama into the race and gave us a really good finish.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 00:35 (Ref:3272705)   #18
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent, an 8

After Qual my predictions were looking dire, but the race helped me save face
Old 2 Jul 2013, 03:14 (Ref:3272724)   #19
Danny27
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Danny27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6. It was pretty entertaining
Old 2 Jul 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3272763)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Got a 7 from me
Old 2 Jul 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3272780)   #21
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 for me, action action action and loved that Safety Car combined with tyres by B******s inc..... what more could you want.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3272803)   #22
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
8 - Great race, despite the shambolic tyre situation. Fantastic last few laps. Great recovery drives from Webber & Hamilton. Great wheel to wheel battle between Chilton and VdG for the last 25 laps or so.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3272826)   #23
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Given your comments on here, I don't know why you watch F1 at all - you obviously don't like it.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3272847)   #24
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Felt that the SC for Vettel seemed to take too long, and could have been avoided altogether if he'd bowed to the inevitable a little earlier and parked it safely off track, but otherwise, for all the reasons noted above, an exciting, gripping race. Not one that I want to see repeated though......

Old 2 Jul 2013, 13:08 (Ref:3272893)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
unfortunately the tires problems overshadowed what was a a very exciting race at a fantastic circuit.
gave it an 8.