Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jan 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3701799)   #101
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Abiteboul is a joke. Everything he touches he messes up. Just how does he keep his job? Must have a powerful friend...
Old 11 Jan 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3701846)   #102
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Abiteboul is a joke. Everything he touches he messes up. Just how does he keep his job? Must have a powerful friend...
Seems the only bloke who new how to go racing has been shown the door. A team.now run by Corporates and an "Old boy Mafia" . Good grief it's Jaguar F1 all over again Bet Haulkenberg is spewing!
Old 11 Jan 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3701877)   #103
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Worrying that Vasseur felt he had to go. I hope this doesn't derail Renault's progress, though, like McLaren, they seemed to have too many chiefs.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3702128)   #104
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so many chiefs in fact that they dont feel the need to appoint a new person as team principle.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...eplace-vasseur

time will tell if that will prevent or lead to greater confusion.

and on another note, perhaps several quotes taken out of context but Abiteboul talking about Magnussen.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35571.html
Old 13 Jan 2017, 07:35 (Ref:3702264)   #105
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so many chiefs in fact that they dont feel the need to appoint a new person as team principle.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...eplace-vasseur

time will tell if that will prevent or lead to greater confusion.

and on another note, perhaps several quotes taken out of context but Abiteboul talking about Magnussen.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35571.html
That KMag shot by him is surely a dig at Vasseur who wanted Kev to stay...
Old 13 Jan 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3702300)   #106
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
forgive me for taking sides, but purely on success rates i'll side with vasseur on this one... i'm not sure abiteboul knows which end to put his trousers on when it comes to running a f1 team.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3702397)   #107
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
forgive me for taking sides, but purely on success rates i'll side with vasseur on this one... i'm not sure abiteboul knows which end to put his trousers on when it comes to running a f1 team.
He did a shyte job at Caterham but is clearly well conected.....
Old 16 Jan 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3702882)   #108
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Indeed!!
Cyril's partner i believe is related to someone on the board in France?
Old 16 Jan 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3702903)   #109
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Indeed!!
Cyril's partner i believe is related to someone on the board in France?
For real????!
Old 16 Jan 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3702905)   #110
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Explains a lot.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3705184)   #111
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Interesting quote floating around from
Giovinazzi - Ferrari reserve driver - saying he is ready if he has to race in F1 ...Vettel getting ready to bail if the car is no good?..... Just saying that's all..
Old 2 Feb 2017, 05:44 (Ref:3708582)   #112
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
More details (rumours) on Paddy Lowe's move.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38680524

So the only thing that article confirms is that, Paddy Lowe has left Mercedes (). Everything else is yet to be confirmed.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3708649)   #113
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And this isn't the first time Paddy's been at Williams, see the early 90s
Old 8 Feb 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3710984)   #114
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Williams are making a lot of changes.

Dave Redding moving in from McLaren (sorry can't find the source!)
Old 8 Feb 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3711006)   #115
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Williams are making a lot of changes.

Dave Redding moving in from McLaren (sorry can't find the source!)
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-join-williams
Old 9 Feb 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3711175)   #116
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
It would seem there is open warfare at McLaren The pro Ron's and the anti's. Grim times ahead.....
Old 9 Feb 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3711201)   #117
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
It would seem there is open warfare at McLaren The pro Ron's and the anti's. Grim times ahead.....
Battle still happening or is it really that the dead bodies are being cleared after it is over!?

I am sure there was and may still be some turmoil going on. I suspect most are heads down working. I think the success or failure of the 2017 car will really set the tone going forward.

Richard
Old 9 Feb 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3711220)   #118
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Battle still happening or is it really that the dead bodies are being cleared after it is over!?

I am sure there was and may still be some turmoil going on. I suspect most are heads down working. I think the success or failure of the 2017 car will really set the tone going forward.

Richard
Them and us groups in the factory restaurant.....
Old 9 Feb 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3711229)   #119
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Them and us groups in the factory restaurant.....
You got a really good chuckle out of me on that one! I suspect it probably has a bit of truth to it.

Given all of the shuffling within various teams and regulation changes, I am pretty excited about the 2017 season. I hope I am not disappointed.

I generally have been a long term fan of both McLaren and Williams. Both seem to have had a lot of changes recently. I hope in the end it works out well for both teams. Time will tell.

Richard
Old 16 Mar 2017, 10:11 (Ref:3718979)   #120
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Finally have confirmation. Lowe is Williams CTO.

http://www.williamsf1.com/racing/news/paddylowecto
Old 16 Mar 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3719004)   #121
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'm hoping Lowe can make a positive impact.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3719087)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I'm hoping Lowe can make a positive impact.
I can see him doing that. If the Williams are already looking good, imagine how much better they will go with him doing his magic
Old 16 Mar 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3719178)   #123
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see him doing that. If the Williams are already looking good, imagine how much better they will go with him doing his magic
Lot of work to do!!!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 23:12 (Ref:3719217)   #124
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting piece here from Motorsport magazine regarding the implications and reasons behind Paddy Lowe's movement to Williams and James Allison leaving Ferrari for Mercedes. Also interesting to note how Allison regards Vettel and his previous history with Alonso.

Interesting implications all round.

Hamilton out, Vettel in?
Will Lowe turn Williams into something special?
Will Wolff and Allison gel, and how effective will they be as a team?

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...ging-old-guard

Last edited by wnut; 16 Mar 2017 at 23:19.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 23:13 (Ref:3719218)   #125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Lot of work to do!!!
It is a chicken & egg challenge for Williams... they aren't the richest team out there, and the car performance sometimes reflects that, while they don't get the car performance so they don't get the commercial support...

When Williams was running active suspension in the early 1990s, they had every square inch of the car stickered with some brand or another.. and put the best car on the grid with some of the best drivers, and whammo success came along...

It's hard to understand an outlook of targeting 'best of the rest' when although this might have been the reality, it does not always need to remain so
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House