Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Spanish Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 1 2.44%
8 13 31.71%
7 12 29.27%
6 10 24.39%
5 5 12.20%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 May 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3733395)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Spanish Grand Prix 2017

What score do you give it?
Old 14 May 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3733409)   #2
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 the battle for the lead was tense.
Old 14 May 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3733410)   #3
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to give it a 6. That's for the Vettel versus Hamilton battle - I didn't think that Lewis would be able to fight back and actually overtake him, and also it was kept quite tight after that towards the end - even Lewis' worries about his tyres going off.
Old 14 May 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3733415)   #4
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could not see the race clearly. I was in tears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 May 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3733418)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was the best race of the season so far. Considering overtaking is at a premium at Barelona, especially with the new cars, there were some good battles, particularly Bottas vs. Vettel and Hamilton vs. Vettel. There was some incident thrown is as well.

The strategic element was really enthralling and getting it right is still a bit of an issue for Ferrari. Mercedes lured them into the first tyre stop and Ferrari should have pitted under the VSC. That said, it all made for a good race.

Old 14 May 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3733439)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An 8 from me. A bit tricky to decide what to give at the moment though. Compared to races over the years, this wouldn't be up there. But in the context of current regulations and team performance, it has to score highly.
Heck - it even had some McLaren overtakes!
Old 14 May 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3733440)   #7
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
7. It's always hard to drag a race out of this track, lol, but it did deliver this year.
Old 14 May 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3733451)   #8
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gave it a 9... lots going on, highly entertaining for once...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 14 May 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3733471)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Awful.
Old 14 May 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3733474)   #10
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Awful.
Bottas fan identified.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 14 May 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3733477)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah, just a typical F1 fan
Old 14 May 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3733482)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
best race of the season so far it gets an 8 from me
Old 14 May 2017, 20:39 (Ref:3733500)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7, enjoyed it and didn't take a nap either......
Old 14 May 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3733513)   #14
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
An 8 from me. A bit tricky to decide what to give at the moment though. Compared to races over the years, this wouldn't be up there. But in the context of current regulations and team performance, it has to score highly.
Heck - it even had some McLaren overtakes!

Actually we've quite a lot of McLaren overtakes recently. The difference is that this time the McLaren was doing the overtaking.
Old 15 May 2017, 02:35 (Ref:3733550)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best race of the year so far. Decent battles through the field through out the race. Sensational move from Seb on Bottas. Really good til the last 10 laps or so where it all kinda fizzled.

Old 15 May 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3733596)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
8 My expectations were low, but it was a very good race.
Old 15 May 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3733603)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8 as well. genuine development battle in effect.
Old 16 May 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3733756)   #18
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I gave it a 6. But after watching the race in full again, get's an 8 from me. That was some drive from Hamilton. Got into Ferrari's head and out foxed Ferrari, and out drove Vettel.
Old 16 May 2017, 10:34 (Ref:3733818)   #19
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Originally gave it a 7 but in retrospect, I think 8 or even 9 would be more applicable. Great battles, McLaren were doing pretty good, plus what Ferrari/Kimi did with little Thomas was pretty cool.
Old 16 May 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3733869)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
6. Plenty of incident and at last a genuine overtake for the lead. At Barcelona of all places!
Old 16 May 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3733916)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First race I've liked watching in a long while. 8/10
Old 17 May 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3733989)   #22
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Give it an eight, some great overtaking, and flat out driving the whole race!

Lewis 1:35 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1QM7zMVvfg